Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ciao Opinion website

View madhatter1's Feedback (+30)
    All-About madhatter1
    View madhatter1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ever tried hammersnipe? does secret watching-then "BANG" puts your bid in at last seconds!!! called back door bidding nobody knows your there till you bid -then its to late, about 90% wins.(Please don't tell or everybody will have it)

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Paulaone the site isnt dead, however people will be unlikely to buy from you for ther following reasons:

1. you have zero feedback- try buying some inexpensive items from fellow Ebidders to build your feedback- after all, why should they buy from you if you dont shop here?
    2. You have not given any information about yourself on your 'about me' page. lots of people will not buy from invisible sellers
    3. You have listed your auctions as ten day first bid- this means they are right at the back of the auction listings and unlikely to be seen by anyone- what advertising have you done?
    4. You've missed opportunities to meet future customers and promote your listings on these forums.

EBID as a site has some issues and snags it needs to sort out. However there are a lot of great buyers and sellers here who do have success. I wish you good luck.

View h1r3z's Feedback (+502)
    All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

My opinion on all this is that it is just courteous to contact buyers/sellers during any transaction. It's an online transaction so a lot of things don't apply that would do in a regular transaction in a shop. Similarly, a lot of other things do apply that wouldn't normally. You don't know the buyer/seller, you only have a number (or lack of) to reflect past trading reliability and then there are all the usual glitches, such as the host site having problems, emails going astray etc. There are already enough problems and risks involved with this game that it seems common sense to me to remove any further possibilities.
    I always contact my buyer/seller as soon as possible after the close of auction, just to confirm things. You can often get a good idea of the person and their intentions by their response (or again lack of).

Regarding the sniping that madhatter mentioned, that can be good sometimes for the seller, but it really takes away a lot of the point and fun of an auction. Many sellers like snipers because they like the sudden rush in the last minute of the auction. A lot of the chance of winning (you say 90%) is defined by how much you are prepared to pay to snipe. Free sniper software usually has restrictions such as only 3 snipes a week or whatever, and a buffer of around 10 seconds. Then some people pay for sniping tools and reduce the buffer to around 5-8 seconds. I find that quite sad that someone has to pay someone else to snipe an item in 5 seconds. There is no skill involved, no talent and no real understanding of auctions. It's like going into a shop and buying a loaf of bread, and just as you hand the bloke the money someone else pops their head in the door, snatches your bread and throws some change on the counter and runs out - LOL

Thread Information