Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help an ex eBay seller

Default Help an ex eBay seller

I feel sure that now eBay is about to launch its new "Managed Payments" policy there will be an influx of new members. This thread is designed to help newcomers to acclimatize to their new environment. I for one certainly needs help to get acclimatized. If some kind soul could point me in the right directions on how to start a listing and add some pictures I would be very appreciative.
    Last edited by poddster; 7th July 2020 at 07:52 AM.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Help an ex eBay seller

Welcome to ebid

firstly what are managed payments?

Please go here re your question

https://www.ebid.net/uk/help/selling-on-ebid/

Managed Payments is a new policy whereby eBay handles the financial transaction between the buyer and the seller. In other words, when you sell an item on eBay the buyer pays eBay regardless of how the buyer pays and then eBay pays the seller in either 1 day or one week. Of course they take their cut, sellers are not given a choice and they must register and opt in to the Managed Payment scheme without exception. It smacks of being grabbed by the short and curlies, they are creating a monopoly and are spinning it as though they are doing you a favour Payment on a 7 day basis lends itself to eBay playing the short term investment scam. Couple that with their other racket of the Global Shipping Program which takes 2-3 times as long as postal traffic and added to that the GSP does not combine postage on multiple small items. Perhaps I could start a thread on those two topics with lots of examples if anyone is interested.

regards Pod
    Last edited by poddster; 7th July 2020 at 09:21 AM.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think that long accounts about the failings of Ebay is appropriate for the eBid forums

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perpetual accounts of eBay short comings inundates the forums, even on high jacked threads.

Just letting off some steam Tony. It wont take long to blow over

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

In the meantime... I'm having the same issue (though I don't do much over there).

Welcome... read the help pages for the basic stuff but... 1) don't use run till sold - set for a fixed time and select the maxiumum number of autoreposts. 2) decide which shops you will open, open them at the beginning and put your listings into them using a category structure which suits your items.(deciding to put them into shops later takes extra time). 3)tell any regular customers where you have gone. 4)expect to have to promote your listings here.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad I left eBay years ago as a seller. Seems I have also left eBid more recently as a seller, since I no longer accept PayPal. The two of them are cut from the same cloth.

Ebay taking PayPal's place as managed payment system, seems a natural progression to me, as they are of the same cloth. I do expect eBay to evolve to an even more corrupt level than PayPal, yet there will remain sellers who continue to use both of them.

One of my chief goals of coming to eBid was to realize a profit, even if only minimal. But I am willing to meet that goal as a buyer, if it affords me the opportunity to be finished with eBay and PayPal in the role of seller, as the two are of one cloth.

P.S. My current membership status on eBid is Seller + Lifetime, but currently operating as a Buyer on eBid. It is free to do so; so ok for now. To offset the sting, I avoid buying consumables and non-necessities; but focus my purchases on those with appreciating asset potential.

Hello Madeline, 1. Normally I sell using 'buy it now' with a fixed price and it stays as a listing until it has sold. 2 is the format here that you open a shop? Is that to separate the types of wares that you have for sale? 3. you mean between shops? Promotion I will be ok with I think. is it permissible to promote on the forum?
    Can I upload a pic to a listing from my PC?

I think I have sorted out my account settings but I guess I will find out

Can some kind soul please check out a listing I have just put up and make sure that is correct?
    especially the international postage, When I look at the postage it just shows 'Posts to Australia' because that is where I reside

Item Number 194229680
    Last edited by poddster; 8th July 2020 at 06:43 AM.

Thread Information