eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Promoting eBid listings

Default Re: Promoting eBid listings

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    I started listing on here again a few months ago.The items I had to sell were for a niche market;Bedford CF parts.I am a member of two cf forums so advertised there.MBW is on facebook so she joined two cf facebook groups & advertised there.Since then I've had five npb's.One has given a genuine reason for not going through with the sale.The rest have not bothered contacting me.

I'm sorry to hear about the NPBs. It is so frustrating when that happens.
    |
    It's even annoying when a buyer takes their time in paying without contacting the seller to let them know when they will pay. The seller has to keep checking for payment, because there is the expectation that the seller ship promptly after payment received.

Sometimes the seller has other things coming up and going on in their life and they need to get the sale wrapped up.

We've got all these wonderful ways to communicate and people seem to have gotten worse where communication is concerned.

I sometimes wonder how long to wait for payment before I mark as NPB and leave a neg.

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    You never know what or who you might find, I belonged a Society years ago but when the group closed down we all lost touch, you know how it is, busy working, life, work, not enough hours in the day, work, then one day I spotted a member and I started following, 4 years on I learned you could send a message to that person and now we and others are hoping we can all meet up again for coffee and cake.
    I hope that you manage the meet up with your friend. Sounds good.

Well, I'm starting to set up boards and I'm trying to add a few of my listings there. Think I'm getting the hang of it. Don't know if it will do any good eBid wise, but anything a person learns isn't a bad thing.

View selkab's Feedback (+1297)
    All-About selkab
    View selkab's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post

I sometimes wonder how long to wait for payment before I mark as NPB and leave a neg.
    Two days after the buyer clicks BIN I leave a payment reminder. Then 2 Days later I leave the second payment reminder. A day or two after that, if I still have not heard from the buyer, I neg them and mark them as a non paying buyer and block the buyer. The next day I claim back my FVF. (I don't play around with NPBs).

I have noticed, that when I follow this procedure, that the eBid executives put a strike through on the buyer, so it looks as if they take if quite seriously too.

Quote Originally Posted by selkab View Post
    Two days after the buyer clicks BIN I leave a payment reminder. Then 2 Days later I leave the second payment reminder. A day or two after that, if I still have not heard from the buyer, I neg them and mark them as a non paying buyer and block the buyer. The next day I claim back my FVF. (I don't play around with NPBs).

I have noticed, that when I follow this procedure, that the eBid executives put a strike through on the buyer, so it looks as if they take if quite seriously too.

I've got 3 days in my T&C. Really, short of some kind of personal disaster happening in the buyer's life, there is no reason why they can't contact the seller to let them know what is going on. Sometimes I give them more time than 3 days before I start the sending payment reminders process, depending on what I've got going on in my life.

Recently I was pleased to see that you had a buyer that purchased several items, but it turned out the buyer was NPB. Was sorry to see it.

But, you're also getting some completed sales too. I'm always glad when someone finds and buys from an eBidder who is here in the colonies.

Cheers. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Google has a new program called Google My Business. Sign up is free. I use it only to promote my webstore. You have to authenticate your land address, takes 5days. I just recently got my # to do that. You will get yourself in Images. Shoot didnt take me long to sign up. Go to Google Web Masters and learn to be google compliant. Twitter works better if you have the followers so dont be afraid to just follow anyone. The more the merrier. Pinterest will serve you well but only list a couple aday. That keeps interest. Follow me at twitter https://twitter.com/vlohm58 I recently started but learning fast and I'm 60 years old lol I keep my name at starlightcollectibles everywhere. I have a few vowels missing in some venues oh well but Im on google now!! Ive learned from Ebays crap of late to not keep my eggs in one basket. Good luck everyone.
    P.S. I do believe google my business is global!!

Thread Information