eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Please can we have a sales counter ?

Default Re: Please can we have a sales counter ?

I keep a record of my sales, so I know how many total sales I have had. But, I have purchased quite a few items here too and didn't keep a record of that. Also, I didn't keep a record of how many buyers left me feedback.

I'm in a similar position. I know that sellers I've bought from have all left me FB (as I did for them) but I don't know exactly how many sales I've made. From a sort of running total I do know that less than half of my buyers have left FB but can't be any more exact than that.

Would your records agree with my estimate of my own sales, that your FB as shown is only about half of your actual total number of sales?
    Last edited by theElench; 30th November 2018 at 06:50 AM. Reason: clarification
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=cornishmaid1961;1706111]
    No, I'm talking about a sales counter for individual sellers, like Etsy have, so if you don't get a feedback at least the sale is recorded for you.
    [/QUOTE

I'm not familiar with that sites operation so I can't comment on it, but on a per seller basis I still think it would matter if the shoppers didn't compare it to the number of items that the seller has listed. If they don't, the seller that only lists occasionally would compare poorly. Or , at least, that's the way I see it.

Frankly, I don't see what the fuss is about. If I'm buying, and the seller has already got 10 feedback reports with good comments, I could care less when comparing them with a seller with even 10,000 feedback. Actually I'd even prefer the small seller -- pile 'em high sellers are typically efficient and prompt, but when something goes wrong they can be a pain to deal with.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

It's not so much about comparing one seller with another as showing anyone visiting the site that although a seller may not many FBs they may have been selling here for years and are more experienced and trustworthy than their few FBs imply. Building trust in the site and its sellers.

IMO there are many sellers here who have low FB numbers but who have actually sold much more to buyers who didn't bother to leave FB, a sales counter, by showing an accurate number might give future buyers the confidence to buy instead of just browse.

My FB score underestimates my sales by at least 50%. How about yours?

We have both previously mentioned the anti-ebid rumour-mongers and how they foster the belief that the site has zero sales, a rumour that imported or low FB scores does nothing to dispel. A counter would provide solid evidence to the contrary. IMO that rumour has to be buried for there to be any chance of this site attracting many more sellers, buyers and sales.

It's been in the doldrums for years with many disappointed sellers either leaving or just accepting that they will sell very little here. Isn't it time to try something new?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    It's not so much about comparing one seller with another as showing anyone visiting the site that although a seller may not many FBs they may have been selling here for years and are more experienced and trustworthy than their few FBs imply. Building trust in the site and its sellers.

IMO there are many sellers here who have low FB numbers but who have actually sold much more to buyers who didn't bother to leave FB, a sales counter, by showing an accurate number might give future buyers the confidence to buy instead of just browse.

My FB score underestimates my sales by at least 50%. How about yours?

We have both previously mentioned the anti-ebid rumour-mongers and how they foster the belief that the site has zero sales, a rumour that imported or low FB scores does nothing to dispel. A counter would provide solid evidence to the contrary. IMO that rumour has to be buried for there to be any chance of this site attracting many more sellers, buyers and sales.

It's been in the doldrums for years with many disappointed sellers either leaving or just accepting that they will sell very little here. Isn't it time to try something new?
    ​Exactly, couldn't have put it better myself.

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    ​Exactly, couldn't have put it better myself.
    I Agree
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

Well that's interesting, today Etsy have done away with their seller's feedback totals at the top of the pages. They are now only showing the number of sales the seller has made and the star rating. You can still see the feedback score but now only at the bottom of the page. Obviously management there thinks the low feedback scores do not give a good reflection of their site and that the sales figures are much more important.

Come on eBid please do something about this and start showing people's true sales figures, you must still have the data of how many sales we have all made since the site began it's all there on our 'fees and invoice' pages. Feedback scores no longer give a true indication of how well a seller has been doing as so few buyers leave feedback these days.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 25th February 2020 at 11:22 PM.

Yes that's very interesting.

Firstly because it would seem to suggest that their management anticipated the continuing decline in buyers leaving FB and acted to side-step any effects of that decline by introducing a sales counter years ago.

Secondly, they recognised that although buyers don't bother leaving FB, they still like some re-assurance that a seller is competent. They also recognised the value of setting-up their counter well before the numbers it shows could become a decisive factor in a buyers decision to buy or not.

As the amount of FB left declines, simply by moving the FB figure to the bottom of the page the sales counter gains prominence at the top. Cleverly showing that THEIR sellers ARE making sales, while their competitors sellers appear to be selling less and less.

So yes, although the time is past when we should have to be making a case for a counter, I'll (again) raise my hand in support.

Thread Information