My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Gallery image photos on all listings

Default Gallery image photos on all listings

When will there be a thumbnail gallery photo for all listings in the search? I find it frustrating when I am shopping and some listings don't show a photo until I click on it. I like to be able to see the item without having to click on each one; it is time consuming and I usually just scroll on by. I don't think I'm the only one and I wonder how many listing are overlooked because people don't take the time to look at each one and every one.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Gallery image photos on all listings

the option to choose to have a gallery listing is down to the seller. Yes you are right many people dont bother looking if there is no gallery pic
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    the option to choose to have a gallery listing is down to the seller. Yes you are right many people dont bother looking if there is no gallery pic
    and this is why we encourage new inquiring sellers to use the gallery listing option (which will incur a measly 2% FVF on item price only, when item sells).

Before you say "eBid should allow thumbnails for free" well, eBid need to earn revenue somehow with the cheap fees they charge anyway and with that revenue they are constantly updating the site.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriCrafts View Post
    and this is why we encourage new inquiring sellers to use the gallery listing option (which will incur a measly 2% FVF on item price only, when item sells).

Before you say "eBid should allow thumbnails for free" well, eBid need to earn revenue somehow with the cheap fees they charge anyway and with that revenue they are constantly updating the site.
    I wish that this option had never been available to go without gallery photos.

It's true that I don't click on listings without thumbnail pictures. This topic has been discussed here in the past and the general consensus was that buyers don't bother to click.

Fees here are so low and I agree with Jan's post quoted here.

Also, I don't think that it looks good when these listings without gallery pics scroll in the 'new' and 'closing' items on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I wish that this option had never been available to go without gallery photos.

It's true that I don't click on listings without thumbnail pictures. This topic has been discussed here in the past and the general consensus was that buyers don't bother to click.

Fees here are so low and I agree with Jan's post quoted here.

Also, I don't think that it looks good when these listings without gallery pics scroll in the 'new' and 'closing' items on the front page.
    Marie, I totally agree with you about what should show on the first page. eBid could use it as an added incentive to use gallery pics ... only those with galley pics show in new and closing on first page.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

2% FVF when item sells (no fees on the shipping), that's just $0.02 per $1 = $0.20 per $10 = $2.00 per $100

You sellers out there, you can't afford this???

I am a pensioner trying to earn some extra money
    (to pay for my medications) and I can afford this!

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Alas, Jan! I think that the word FREE has clouded the judgement of too many sellers. While the one time seller plus fee sounds like a super deal, which it could be, too many that purchase it are unwilling to invest in the minuscule fee for some reason. It appears they lack the will to spend a little bit more. What is it that you Brits say? "In for a penny, in for a pound."

Thread Information