My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

Default Re: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

No. The sale went through fine. No problems on the eBid end or the PayPal end. It appears that eBid changed things around a bit in terms of the email and particulars being visible. The confirmation emails indicate the buyer's details.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    No. The sale went through fine. No problems on the eBid end or the PayPal end. It appears that eBid changed things around a bit in terms of the email and particulars being visible. The confirmation emails indicate the buyer's details.
    im impressed thats really good news
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a zero feedback buyer last week who purchased an item from me, no address so i went to paypal and they had paid me 1p, refunded them the 1p, changed my password and security questions, then several days after i had a different person try to put £1500 into my account but paypal refused the payment.
    No problems since.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    I had a zero feedback buyer last week who purchased an item from me, no address so i went to paypal and they had paid me 1p, refunded them the 1p, changed my password and security questions, then several days after i had a different person try to put £1500 into my account but paypal refused the payment.
    No problems since.
    yes your experience fits the regular pattern we have seen.
    so if your item was x amount how did the buyer only pay 1p?

was your buyer from the US by any chance ?

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

How they managed to only pay 1p i dont know.
    No idea of address for purchaser on ebid and no idea of which country the later deposit came from

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just received a deposit for just under the $5k limit for reporting to the IRS. PayPal canceled the transaction right away, but it is still annoying. The tiny deposits are probably scammers testing to see if the PayPal addresses are valid and monitored by their owners.

Of course, the names of the people sending the money are real people, but chances are they are merely victims and have know idea that scammers are using their identities the way they are.

27th September:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    .... The latest spams I have received have been in the form of Invoices - don't even open an e-mail if you don't know the sender. It used to be that if you clicked on a link in a spam that a virus could be downloaded to your computer, now days opening the e-mail itself can download a virus.
    Not true, provided you set your mailer to initially show email contents in text mode only. As indeed everyone should.

You can't get a virus by looking at text. It's as impossible as catching 'flu by looking at a picture of a sneeze.

Though allegedly there's an Irish virus, where the message asks you to forward it to six friends and then delete all your files yourself!

[Disclaimer: no offence to the Irish intended, replace with Polish/Mexican/Alaskan/North-Korean/Trump-supporter/Clinton-supporter or whatever other prejudice floats your boat]

I don't understand all this rush to contact Paypal and initiate refunds. If a mysterious $900 echeque shows up in my Paypal account, you can bet that I'll chuckle and sit back to see what the next move might be. And if 6 months later I find I have a spare $900 in my account, I'll spend it.

I'd be a little more concerned if 2c or 2p shows up in my account. What happens with such tiny amounts? Do I still get charged 20p for receiving it, as I do for more normal amounts? So I'd be 18p worse off??
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    27th September:

Not true, provided you set your mailer to initially show email contents in text mode only. As indeed everyone should.

You can't get a virus by looking at text. It's as impossible as catching 'flu by looking at a picture of a sneeze.

Though allegedly there's an Irish virus, where the message asks you to forward it to six friends and then delete all your files yourself!

[Disclaimer: no offence to the Irish intended, replace with Polish/Mexican/Alaskan/North-Korean/Trump-supporter/Clinton-supporter or whatever other prejudice floats your boat]

I don't understand all this rush to contact Paypal and initiate refunds. If a mysterious $900 echeque shows up in my Paypal account, you can bet that I'll chuckle and sit back to see what the next move might be. And if 6 months later I find I have a spare $900 in my account, I'll spend it.

I'd be a little more concerned if 2c or 2p shows up in my account. What happens with such tiny amounts? Do I still get charged 20p for receiving it, as I do for more normal amounts? So I'd be 18p worse off??

if you receive stolen funds into your PP account you are guilty of receiving stolen funds, no if or butts, depending on the regulations of a specific country you could be liable for any other costs related that the original card holder suffers , plus a lot of time explaining yourself to the authorities that you were not part of a scam to recive stolen monies,.

and of course the bit that completely eludes you is you must notify PP as soon as possible because the original card holder has had their card details scammed and used for fraudulent activities ,how would you like it it every one took your attitude of "chuckle and sit back " mean while your account loses thousands of notes, thats the point of the scam ,

you are 99.9% correct about text read only settings, but when i read up on email only viruses, there are one or two out there, but are extremely rare, the email providers normally block anything thats not text and you have to "allow" to show anything else
    Last edited by sidthelamp; 7th October 2017 at 05:42 PM.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Just received a deposit for just under the $5k limit for reporting to the IRS. PayPal canceled the transaction right away, but it is still annoying. The tiny deposits are probably scammers testing to see if the PayPal addresses are valid and monitored by their owners.

Of course, the names of the people sending the money are real people, but chances are they are merely victims and have know idea that scammers are using their identities the way they are.

no more problems from this one JB ?

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    no more problems from this one JB ?
    ​Not that I can tell.

Thread Information