Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebooks Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Hence the question was asked
    As I said. People here who know me well will know the answer (unless I forgot anyone)

BTW....those were the script writer's words. not some fictional deer and this was a real person
    Last edited by moonwitch; 15th February 2017 at 04:12 AM.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Were you aware that one of the major reasons that Disney is so protective of their copyrighted material is that Walt's first creation was actually stolen because he failed to secure the proper copyright protection for it? It was a hard lesson that Walt learned well. It is one that every author or creative person needs to keep in mind, especially in today's digital environment.

There are Kobo readers for sale on here, so surely it would make sense to allow the ebooks?

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    As I said. People here who know me well will know the answer (unless I forgot anyone)

BTW....those were the script writer's words. not some fictional deer and this was a real person
    What you forget is there are thousands of members here that don't know you well. Not all members have medical issues and I expect many of those members read the forums without contribution. I couldn't understand the reasoning behind your thread so hence my question. HM actually answered.

To get the Bambi quote into perspective.

Thumper: He doesn't walk very good, does he? Thumper asked a question. Children and adults alike ask questions.

Mrs. Rabbit: Thumper!

Thumper: Yes, mama?

Mrs. Rabbit: What did your father tell you this morning?

Thumper: If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all. His father replied without answering the question and just told Thumper off without giving time to his son and answering the question or explaining why, "he doesn't walk very good does he?".

What you are saying is that neither children or adults should ask questions.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

What you forget is there are thousands of members here that don't know you well. Not all members have medical issues and I expect many of those members read the forums without contribution. I couldn't understand the reasoning behind your thread so hence my question. HM actually answered.
    You asked me why I couldn't read books in hard copy and HM gave you an example of why some people might not be able to read books in hard copy.

"What you are saying is that neither children or adults should ask questions"

No I am not....I chose not to answer your very personal question as this is a forum that can be viewed by people who are not logged in and I don't feel I need to make my health issues public knowledge.

I had already posted here saying that I had medical reasons for preferring ebooks and audio books of hard copies

To get the Bambi quote into perspective.

Thumper: He doesn't walk very good, does he? Thumper asked a question. Children and adults alike ask questions.

Mrs. Rabbit: Thumper!

Thumper: Yes, mama?

Mrs. Rabbit: What did your father tell you this morning?

Thumper: If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all. His father replied without answering the question and just told Thumper off without giving time to his son and answering the question or explaining why, "he doesn't walk very good does he?".

What you are saying is that neither children or adults should ask questions.
    I posted the quote from Bambi, not Moonwitch. Your questioning of her in post #3 was very rude and quite honestly, none of your business. She had already explained it was "due to health issues" and that should have been enough explanation for you. I have no problem with children or adults asking questions, as long as they do so in a polite, respectful manner without intruding into one's privacy.

Children's stories and fairytales were often written to teach them morals, values and good manners. So, in the politest and most respectful manner I could think of, I was trying to tell you that when you post in these forums it would be nice if you were not so rude and disrespectful - not just to Moonwitch but to myself and others who often receive those types of comments from you. Perhaps you don't even realize how you "come across" to people but now that you do, I hope you will be considerate of other people's feelings when you post in the future.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    You asked me why I couldn't read books in hard copy and HM gave you an example of why some people might not be able to read books in hard copy.

"What you are saying is that neither children or adults should ask questions"

No I am not....I chose not to answer your very personal question as this is a forum that can be viewed by people who are not logged in and I don't feel I need to make my health issues public knowledge.

I had already posted here saying that I had medical reasons for preferring ebooks and audio books of hard copies
    The question was not 'very personal'. I couldn't understand it because I didn't know the reasoning behind it but, as I said, HM gave me an example so as far as I'm concerned end of story. If you want to carry on this discussion then you will be talking to yourself.

At least I have given you something to consider in your psychology course.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    I posted the quote from Bambi, not Moonwitch.
    I know you did.
    End of discussion.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Getting back to the original question. I think that the major reason for not permitting eBooks to be sold on eBid is the lack of any tangible item being delivered. Followed by the easy of which copyright infringement would be possible.

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

I would use the ignore option but I find even the most obnoxious posters entertaining ...lol

Back to the point....the ebooks I buy are downloaded directly too my cloud reader so maybe that is what is making it impractical for eBid to allow the ebooks here.

Also...when I buy from 'the river' the downloads come from them

Thread Information