Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
The Terms & Conditions do not make it untrue; they merely place, errr..., terms and conditions on the feature. All sellers have to agree to the site Terms and Conditions when they join, including those that pertain to GS uploads, so they should be fully aware before they 'purchase'.

Maybe the typical advertising 'Terms and Conditions Apply' could be added in tiny text at the bottom of eBid ads. I would have added 'with a link to the T&C' but, despite prodding by me, eBid still refuse to put the site T&C in a linkable destination.
Yes, I think that a "Terms & Conditions Apply" disclaimer in the ad would be a good idea. The way it reads now it could be construed as a list of benefits offered as part of the purchase with the buyer later finding that there are restrictions, unmentioned in the advertisement, that apply. This could possible be interpreted as a bait & switch tactic.

Of course, I'm not an attorney and have no knowledge of how things such as Bait & Switch tactics are handled in the UK, but if a simple disclaimer in the ad can eliminate the issue, maybe it would be prudent for the owners of the site to include one.