eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebid Should Let You Know How Many People Have Your Item On Their Watch List.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid Should Let You Know How Many People Have Your Item On Their Watch List.

Quote Originally Posted by RameRetro View Post
    All I know is that in my own experience, watched items seem to fare better than the unwatched ones.
    If a fact, that would apply regardless Knowing the number of watchers would not alter it.

I still think that showing a watch count wouldn't do any harm.
    Neither do I (and never said I did), I just don't believe that it would do any good.

Default Re: Ebid Should Let You Know How Many People Have Your Item On Their Watch List.

I watch items for all kinds of reasons. Sometimes because I'm a potential buyer, sometimes because I'm snoopy, sometimes because I have one that I want to list and hopefully sell. Sometimes I just want to keep track of the seller.

There are other features I'd like to see on eBid before the owners put in a watch feature.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to agree that knowing the number of watchers could do no harm, although I wouldn't rely on it to accurately predict sales.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    I have made several purchases before on the other e site because of the watch list.

If I come across a rare or hard to find item that I am looking for & it shows several watchers, then I go ahead & buy it instead of taking the chance of it not being there later.

eBid is just so far behind the other sites.
    yes thats one way i use a watch list

a watch list is useful when watching similar items across sites from a buyers and sellers point of view,

the one thing it does do is give a indication to a seller of interest, from whatever angle the interest may be, coupled with the google stats thing it can be a important tool for sellers and buyers alike,

as we have lead the way on ebid for fixed buy it now prices in the collectable market , because of traffic here ,sellers of collectables in particular have become a point of reference were as before there was non , so i suspect a lot of watchers are in fact the competition , studying the market , i know for a fact when a auction finishes on the other side, and i have the same item here at a competitive price it has sold in minutes , thats time and time again, so buyers and the competition , who can be wearing the same hat do watch and buy.

im not bothered if i can use it here as a seller, popular items i sell or have sold and will sell again , a rare item will sell in a couple of hours to a couple of days ,in my experience,

its not were you sell but what you sell that counts
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by RameRetro View Post
    My own personal experience on TOS, is that watchers often do translate into sales. I get a lot of views here (not too many sales!), but never know how many of these views have taken a serious look at my items (for whatever reason). Personally, I would like to see a watcher count.
    Horses for courses, though!
    My experience has been the same on eBay. The more watchers the higher the sales price reached.

But the real question is how much money would it take for ebid to implement this software? If it's cheap than why not implement it. If it's prohibitively expensive I could understand why it's not being implemented. As it's not an absolutely necessary feature but can give the Seller potentially helpful knowledge.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

If there was a watchers count on Ebid, then I would want the facility to switch it off.

Life is too short for non-essential information
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    If there was a watchers count on Ebid, then I would want the facility to switch it off.

Good Idea

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post

Did you know that the Pot-Bellied Weasel has four toes on each front leg but only three toes on each back leg?

I like a watchlist count because it does serve a purpose IMO. It is probably a real person making the mark and not a robot. It indicates an interest level beyond just a view. More than one tick on an item also puts the viewer/potential buyer on notice that there could be a competitor and thereby creates more demand for action.
    Last edited by TeddibearsPicnic; 28th May 2022 at 10:46 PM.

I wonder if obay's revalation that it's been inflating "View" figures for years will make a Watch count any less attractive as sellers there are complaining loudly that not only have viewing figures plummeted, but so have Watcher numbers. Sometimes to zero.

Personally I'm not fussed either way about a Watch Counter. If the Management has the time and money to provide one it would be nice. If they don't I won't be greatly upset to carry on without.

In my opinion, if there is spare time and money, it would be far, far more worthwhile to add a Transaction Counter to show that sellers with little or no FB have succesfully completed sales. It would also help to counter ebids detractors who continue say that "Nothing ever sells here" and get away with doing so because of low numbers of buyers leaving FB.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information