Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Non-Selling Sellers!

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Non-Selling Sellers!

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    eBid themselves said his about me page is ok & that there is no violations, so does eBid not want eBid to work.

If eBid says his about me page is ok, then that is all that matters.
    the justification by one of the offenders is that it is uk law it is not brain washing from feebay TCs is the ultimate cause
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    you have had your contact details on your about me page for 2 years with no listings your pimping of ebid
    Yes, I did not remove my "About Me Page" when I ceased listing on eBid and took my stores offline. At the time I joined eBid I was required by state law to include my auctioneer and auction business licensees on all my businesses advertising. The physical location was included simply because I was advised, perhaps wrongly, that it was required by UK distant selling regulations and although being in the US I wasn't required to include it, I saw no harm and figured it might make UK buyers feel more comfortable when shopping. Of course, I didn't include the URL to my web site nor to any other venues on which I sell.

The reason I ceased listing on eBid was my disagreement with the practice of placing outside advertisements within the listings of sellers. However, I see no need to debate the issue again at this time.

I suppose I could have deleted my stores and removed all data from my "About Me Page," but since I already purchased my "Seller+ Lifetime" membership I opted to just remove all my listings and take my stores offline. I did not simply place a "Holiday Notice" on the listings and leave them posted, which is what I thought the OP was complaining about with this thread.

I'm sorry that anyone feels the content of my "About Me Page" is not appropriate, but since receiving a response from eBid support and them not finding fault with it, I see no reason to change it. Although the issue does seem to cause me to wonder if my thoughts about resuming listing on the venue may need to be reconsidered.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Yes, I did not remove my "About Me Page" when I ceased listing on eBid and took my stores offline. At the time I joined eBid I was required by state law to include my auctioneer and auction business licensees on all my businesses advertising. The physical location was included simply because I was advised, perhaps wrongly, that it was required by UK distant selling regulations and although being in the US I wasn't required to include it, I saw no harm and figured it might make UK buyers feel more comfortable when shopping. Of course, I didn't include the URL to my web site nor to any other venues on which I sell.

The reason I ceased listing on eBid was my disagreement with the practice of placing outside advertisements within the listings of sellers. However, I see no need to debate the issue again at this time.

I suppose I could have deleted my stores and removed all data from my "About Me Page," but since I already purchased my "Seller+ Lifetime" membership I opted to just remove all my listings and take my stores offline. I did not simply place a "Holiday Notice" on the listings and leave them posted, which is what I thought the OP was complaining about with this thread.

I'm sorry that anyone feels the content of my "About Me Page" is not appropriate, but since receiving a response from eBid support and them not finding fault with it, I see no reason to change it. Although the issue does seem to cause me to wonder if my thoughts about resuming listing on the venue may need to be reconsidered.
    it really is amazing the justification you and others come up with to pimp your own web sites at the expense of others

it will be interesting to see if you can surpass the quantity and quality of your last efforts

is that a threat at the end of your post ? is that supposed to silence some one

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't let one self-opinionated person (see the last line of my sig below) put you off. Just ignore him. He doesn't even sell here anyway. All he seems to do is come onto forums to stir up trouble - which hardly benefits the site.

I, and I'm sure most others, would love to see you taking an active role here again.

I'd grab a copy of your About Me page though as no doubt he has been jabbing at the report button all day.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Don't let one self-opinionated person (see the last line of my sig below) put you off. Just ignore him. He doesn't even sell here anyway. All he seems to do is come onto forums to stir up trouble - which hardly benefits the site.

I, and I'm sure most others, would love to see you taking an active role here again.

I'd grab a copy of your About Me page though as no doubt he has been jabbing at the report button all day.

but i will be selling here again my sales on here and the new buyers i brought here far exceed anything you will achieve

the problem with you is you dont like it being pointed out you exploit ebid by circumnavigating the rules to sell car parts for a 3rd party . thats parasitic , wonder what other sellers would think about you putting them at a disadvantage,

self opinionated you mean i have a opinion yes i do , a self opinion well i would hardly advocate some one else's would i, nor do i try to make ones slef opinion a kind of derogatory remark , still i dont criticise people for having a opinion like you do.

if you have a problem with some ones opinion of your actions block them, go away, or alter your actions dont hide by trying to demonise some one because you dont like what they say , your trying to gain business for a third party by exploiting a grey area here, thats parasitic , thats not a personal insult ,that you resort to, its a observation of your actions.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

straight talking

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    it really is amazing the justification you and others come up with to pimp your own web sites at the expense of others

it will be interesting to see if you can surpass the quantity and quality of your last efforts

is that a threat at the end of your post ? is that supposed to silence some one

Frankly, I'm curious as to where you got the idea that I was trying to pimp my own web site through my "About Me Page" as it never has contained any mention of my web site or included a URL to it or any web site on which I sell.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the quantity and quality of your last efforts remark, but I suppose you're entitled to your opinions.

I'm assuming that you're referring to my statement about reconsidering if I really want to resume listing on eBid. Actually, I was merely thinking out load. To be quite frank, I really do not care what you think. I originally thought that you had spotted something on my "About Me Page" that conflicted with eBid rules, but a check with support has showed me that is not the case. Therefore, it appears that there really is nothing more for me to say on the issue.

Have a nice day!

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Frankly, I'm curious as to where you got the idea that I was trying to pimp my own web site through my "About Me Page" as it never has contained any mention of my web site or included a URL to it or any web site on which I sell.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the quantity and quality of your last efforts remark, but I suppose you're entitled to your opinions.

I'm assuming that you're referring to my statement about reconsidering if I really want to resume listing on eBid. Actually, I was merely thinking out load. To be quite frank, I really do not care what you think. I originally thought that you had spotted something on my "About Me Page" that conflicted with eBid rules, but a check with support has showed me that is not the case. Therefore, it appears that there really is nothing more for me to say on the issue.

Have a nice day!
    Good One

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Have a nice day!

its evening here

Have a nice day!
    I have always appreciated your forum contributions in the past. Come back and list your items here again.

As to the opening post of holiday settings: due to personal circumstances, I regularly place a holiday notice, usually anywhere between 7 and 10 days. I am away from my stock regularly and I do not want to end up in a situation of selling something, when I am not able to post it for a number of days.

I don't know how often the OP has checked on the seller in question, but if they were to check once a month on my listings, they would always see me as "being on holiday", because I run a 21/10 days operation most of the time. I don't advertise sales anywhere else and have no intention of doing so. I sell on several platforms, but all are completely independent from each other and I do not cross promote. (perhaps stupidly, but I respect each and every one of the sites I use)

Thread Information