Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Send message rather than ask question

Default Send message rather than ask question

Could an additional option be added to the ASL area please where a buyer or seller can simply send a message, rather than having to use the Ask xyxyz a question

Many times, I just need to send a message to my trading partner, to which I need no answer

So could "send buyer" / "send seller" a message be added as an extra option please.

Default Re: Send message rather than ask question

I second that. It has always seemed rather strange to 'ask a question' when you are just giving the buyer information !

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I second that. It has always seemed rather strange to 'ask a question' when you are just giving the buyer information !
    While I appreciate that eBid wish to prevent off site sales negotiations the buyer/seller communication system as it stands is a real mess and not really fit for purpose.

Sadly, I have given up all hope of ever seeing it (and lots of other things on the site) sorted out.

I have commented on this before, I think it would be nice to have a message system that isn't public.

I looked at a multiple listing one day and was able to read the whole conversation between the seller and buyer. It started with him asking for her telephone number to give to the courier which was then displayed for any one to see together with the days that week that she wasn't going to be in.

I wasn't comfortable seeing that about anyone else and if it was about me I would have been very unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    I have commented on this before, I think it would be nice to have a message system that isn't public.

I looked at a multiple listing one day and was able to read the whole conversation between the seller and buyer. It started with him asking for her telephone number to give to the courier which was then displayed for any one to see together with the days that week that she wasn't going to be in.

I wasn't comfortable seeing that about anyone else and if it was about me I would have been very unhappy.
    The thing you seen would not have been through the after sale log (ASL) that would have been on the listing page. Communication on the ASL cannot be viewed by anyone other than the seller, buyer and eBid HQ
    Some people get mixed up with the best way to ask / reply to questions.

However, I'm asking for something on the ASL only, not on the live listing.

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    The thing you seen would not have been through the after sale log (ASL) that would have been on the listing page. Communication on the ASL cannot be viewed by anyone other than the seller, buyer and eBid HQ
    Some people get mixed up with the best way to ask / reply to questions.

However, I'm asking for something on the ASL only, not on the live listing.
    So then how would that have got on there? Presumably the seller would only have been able to communicate through the ASL to ask details about the delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    So then how would that have got on there? Presumably the seller would only have been able to communicate through the ASL to ask details about the delivery?
    After the sale has been made, the ASL is for all communication between the buyer and seller, various options currently exist, but not the option of to simply send a message.

In the instance you have mentioned, the buyer would have used the ask seller a question on the live listing rather than on the ASL option ask seller question. So once the question has been asked on live listing, the only way to answer it would be on the live listing, or by sending a message to buyer through the ASL and point out that the communication should be done through that. But if the seller did this, then it could come across wrong, and also the question would go (possibly) unanswered on the live listing making it look like an inactive seller, which could put buyers off and also get all the sellers listings closed if they were deemed not to be active by not giving a timely reply to the question.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree that we need a system just to send a message to another member. The only way currently is through the eBid Forum but we do need a system within eBid.

Also, I don't think that all Questions and Answers should be displayed on the listing page. This should be at the discretion of the seller. Where the Q&A relates to to more details about the item it might be appropriate but for most cases Q&A is probably not appropriate for general visibility.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is it not possible to just use the forum pm system? I have done this before where my ASL directs the buyer (or seller) to their inbox
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

This was raised in 2010 & I said rather than add options,it might be easier to just change the phrase to "Contact Buyer/Seller".

Thread Information