eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ebid fee lifetime membership not really free!!!!

Default Re: Ebid fee lifetime membership not really free!!!!

My mother used to say, "Common sense is not all that common." I've found in my life that her saying has much truth in it.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stampsandcoins1 View Post
    All I am saying is it not as difficult as you are making out. eBid is very easy to use and edit. As I have said - not rocket science just common sense.
    Well...as you refuse to say what you disagree with, let's recap on what I have said.

1. There is a lack of clarity in some statements on the eBid site that can mislead or cause confusion to those new to the site.

That is a truth.

2. That despite having been (often repeatedly) made aware of where such ambiguities exist eBid have not resolved them.

That is a truth.

3. That the listing features detailed on the chart the OP referred to are options.

Again true. While Seller+ members have the option to use any or all of them on a listing that does not mean that they will and must appear in/on every listing or will be at no extra charge. If you state that 'Y' next to Thumbnail Photo in Search Results means that you should get a thumbnail on every listing then you should equally say that as there is a 'Y' next to Video Descriptions that every listing should have a video in it. They don't - it is an OPTION.

4. That the caption at the bottom of the aforementioned chart is factually incorrect.

As far as I am aware that is truth also. However, as I cannot create a Platinum listing I cannot prove it. If you are saying that creating a Platinum listing allows a basic Seller account holder to open 5 stores then please provide your proof of that.

Maybe use of the site is not 'rocket science', but from the numerous posts that appear on the same subjects (gleaned from my 5 years answering them) it is clear that many people new to the site do find some things confusing. Many times that is down to poor/confusing/misleading information provided by eBid, both on the site pages and in the help files, that with a little rewording could be resolved.

Programmers and people that are 'computer savvy' are often blind to the problems others have. Just because it is 'bleedin obvious' to them they assume it must be for everyone. For exactly that reason large software producers have 'usability programs' where they get the uninitiated to use their programs to see where they have difficulties - and then change their software to eradicate what is causing the users the problems. eBid's 'usability program' is US (the users) - and they should listen and act on our feedback.
    Last edited by astral276; 18th August 2013 at 12:51 AM. Reason: there - their - they're

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Yes, they are options available per account plan. For example, Make an Offer also says 'Y' but it is not included on every listing - it is an option. There is a clue at the bottom where it states:

All SELLER+ options are available to SELLER if they choose the "Platinum" featured option when listing an item. A small listing fee is chargeable for this.

Again that is not totally correct (as I have pointed out to admin: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...=1#post1489361) as not every option listed under Seller+ is available to Seller using Platinum format; as far as I am aware you do not get stores just by selecting Platinum. Again never corrected.

These are needless confusions that require no great coding or changes to the system. All it takes is a bit of text editing. Why it is so hard to get admin to fix these 'little things' that cause users problems is a total mystery.
    It did make me wonder a bit, when I read the statement "All Seller+ benefits are available to Seller when choosing Platinum.........." My thoughts were, "Wow, that is sure a lot of benefit for a little bit of cost." When you go to "Help".........."Help: FAQ: Fee & Charges: and scroll down to 2) Do you have a list of your different auction fees?...........The blue circles with the "i" inside if clicked for Seller : "Standard" or "Platnium" OR Seller+ : "Free" or "Gallery" - brings up descriptions for each that make it clearer.

However, this information is only visible when the blue circle is clicked. How many new people would go through that process to find description of the membership levels, and the attached fees of those levels? Seems a bit of a treasure hunt.

Incorrect. All the options are there. No disrespect but is everyone blind on here. You list an item you have the opportunity to edit it before listing, tick boxes etc... Like I said not rocket science
    As a Seller+ Lifetime Member, I will not be able to see a Platinum listing. Can you please copy a screen shot of this? Are you also seeing an option to open a store? As this is also a Seller+ option. If that option is there, eBid might want to consider changing that, as IMHO that is a bit much for 0.05p or 0.05 cents. As I can not actually see the Platinum listing, I can not definitively determine what is what.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Never mind, think I figured it out.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why the confusion here? Sign up for seller+ lifetime and get free listings, 5 free stores and five free photo's. Pay only 2% FVF if your item sells. When listing merely click gallery. Also if you do not have a bar code enter EXEMPT in that box for upload to Google Shopping. It's not rocket science just common sense.

As for items sitting around and not selling - that is up to your own marketing, pricing and presentation, you cannot force people to buy.

Ebid is a very competitive market place with BIN. I have seen some very unrealistic BIN prices on here and they will "sit around" for ever. Know your market, know what the market price is and you will do okay here.

As for all the moaners saying nothing sells on here - not true. Just price it right!

http://stampsandcoins1.ebid.net
    http://alansbanknotes.ebid.net
    http://alanspostcards.ebid.net
    The confusion that i can see....from the perspective of a new user is that there are essentIally two obvious options when creating a lising, and these are "it's free list on Ebid" or "lifetime membership for 49.99".
    By taking the free to list option you're removing any chance of enjoying a successful time on this site away from yourself, as quite honestly i doubt that you'd make a sale.
    The second (obvious) option is going to put too many potential sellers off using the site...."what you want me to pay 49.99 just to list on Ebid,? but i only want to try the site out for the time being"

Nowhere is the platinum listing promoted to new users, and this is the most useful type of listing that such newcomers to the site can choose, and if it was promoted i am confident that many who gave it a go and used the option correctly would be pleased with the results.

Thread Information