eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Do eBid Buyers Often Buy?

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What Do eBid Buyers Often Buy?

Well…’’burg’’ time to go for me….
    Tomorrow is new ‘’brand’’ day and I need to drive tomorrow only about a 180 miles plus my work…

Thanks for your all reply ‘’burg’’…....

Is always interesting for me to read or reply for some threads which are not usual theme….

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well…good answer ‘’burg’’….
    But just read MY to the end….

I WORK and driving around more of 600 miles per week….after that what did you think how much is left ‘’fun’’ in me….?......

Who is chief ‘’VONZ’’…..?

I read every word you wrote Dzambo. Keep on keeping on; but don't forget to have some fun along the way. That is what makes life worth living. You have heard the old saying.... "All work and no play.........."

Chief Vonz is the Head Organizer (CEO) of YDC. Go to any YDC "Anouncement/Pimp Thread" and Vonz will be the first poster; and the one who lists all the YDC rules and regulations.

Well…’’burg’’ time to go for me….
    Tomorrow is new ‘’brand’’ day and I need to drive tomorrow only about a 180 miles plus my work…

Thanks for your all reply ‘’burg’’…....

Is always interesting for me to read or reply for some threads which are not usual theme….
    Well, have a restful sleep Dzambo; you certainly deserve it.

You are quite welcome! Thank you for your questions and comments.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinaann View Post
    Very little, next to nothing. I am not surprised you had to ask though because it is difficult to find realistic sales.
    Not an unusual finding to be fair, this is frustrating to hear about. What i would say is that you should under these circumstances list using Ebay, but also treat Ebay as a means to pushing your activities with Ebid, you know the sort of thing .... include flyers in your Ebay packages blah blah blah.
    This does actually work.

When i sell using Ebay i have to look at the price that i want or need and then to this add the fee element, from here this makes the item look somewhat more expensive than the Ebid price that i have used.
    Hence....why i say list your items across Ebay and Ebid, as long as you're making the most of what Google search has to offer, then you will begin to see some success over here.

One final thing that you need to consider is that as of 4th september this year Ebay will begin charging a fvf to the postage element of all transactions too, while this will have no effect on those who use "free" postage, it will be another nail in the coffin fo those who like to provide the best shipping costs when multiple purchases are made within the same transaction, these type of sales almost disappeared for me when i realised that in order to survive long term over there i'd need to adopt "free" postage.
    This new move will make many sellers of low priced items conclude that it isn't feasible to trade these on Ebay, the alternative is that the average prices will increase....not a very attractive proposition....maybe , this will turn more sellers to Ebid and if they use trhe tools that they're provided with (Google) then maybe , the prospective buyers will see tyheir listings and register here as almost all of my Ebid buyers do.
    In my view now is not the time to pull your listings from Ebid.

So far i have sold Consumer electronics items (audio), music items, knitting patterns, blank media, collectibles,audio books.
    Last edited by cerealmunkee; 6th August 2013 at 01:32 PM.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    Not an unusual finding to be fair, this is frustrating to hear about. What i would say is that you should under these circumstances list using Ebay, but also treat Ebay as a means to pushing your activities with Ebid, you know the sort of thing .... include flyers in your Ebay packages blah blah blah.

In my view now is not the time to pull your listings from Ebid.
    In all good conscience I could never recommend anyone to list on eBay. However, if a seller is able to use that venue, and realize a profit, than so be it. I left eBay long ago, due to their high fees and buyer centric leaning. Things do not appear to be getting better over there, only worse.

I agree that eBay can be utilized by a seller to steer traffic to eBid. What makes sense to me is utilizing different non-eBay alternative sights to expand funding streams. Am actually in favor of not putting all of my eggs (hopes) into one funding or income stream. Of course, one's career or job is/are also other acceptable stream(s) of income.

Now is actually the time to build one's business or presence on eBid.

Forum Lurker
    View cockneyone's Feedback (+330)
    All-About cockneyone
    View cockneyone's Listings
    Forum Posts

Buyer perspective: Postcards - if I could only just : most sellers appear to miss the point of selling at a lower start-up and continue to list items that are pure acts of vanity I'm sure!

Quote Originally Posted by retr85wih View Post
    What kind of items do buyers on eBid buy every day, every week, or every month?
    It always amazes me that when folks show up and ask this sort of question, or the old favourite of "Where do you get your stock from" that other sellers actually respond in a helpful manner. I know eBid users are a great bunch, but really what the op is asking is "What are your best selling lines that I can try to undercut you or directly compete with you on?"

Do newbies really expect their business rivals to give them sensitive business information? Or are they so inexperienced they haven't realised that's what they are doing?

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…this seller is from USA and in my opinion most of time is pretty normal to ask these questions in new site especially if is non from USA….

In other way that seller like I see offering way other items from which is in here ‘’usual’’ for sale….post cards…stamp...vintage stuff…books…stickers….YDC Auction….
    So….I don’t see any competition…

In the end ‘’as usual’’ again most of reply’s is from overseas and that mean if anyone look closer and who reply’s mostly selling only in own home market or if selling and offering for USA sales is very few….
    And that mean for USA new seller is not really good orientation…

So…I still ‘’waiting’’ to see most of time reply’s from USA based seller to see sales, answers, suggestions for new sellers in here who is from USA and THAT will be much more better orientation for new USA sellers…

And if anyone reply’s from USA new seller from USA can see in profile these sellers how do in here in year…two…three…four….

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

What makes sense to me is utilizing different non-eBay alternative sights to expand funding streams. Am actually in favor of not putting all of my eggs (hopes) into one funding or income stream. Of course, one's career or job is/are also other acceptable stream(s) of income.

‘’burg’’…my friend…what did you mean by that ‘’funding streams’’…(couple hundred $ a week….or a month or a year…?...)

And by the way…how are you….?

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

What makes sense to me is utilizing different non-eBay alternative sights to expand funding streams. Am actually in favor of not putting all of my eggs (hopes) into one funding or income stream. Of course, one's career or job is/are also other acceptable stream(s) of income.

‘’burg’’…my friend…what did you mean by that ‘’funding streams’’…(couple hundred $ a week….or a month or a year…?...)

And by the way…how are you….?

Hi Dzambo,

I'm doing fine thanks. A funding stream is a way that someone generates or makes money or other resources. Funding streams are various ways a person generates money or other rsources.

For example, a person can work a regular job; run a part time business (brick & mortar); sell online; invest in stock; sell real estate; and teach a DIY course in their community. This could all be done by one person. Each income producing activity is a stream. All of the income they produce, is pooled together for living expenses, savings, entertainment, etc.

Another person may decide to have only one income stream: their job.

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    It always amazes me that when folks show up and ask this sort of question, or the old favourite of "Where do you get your stock from" that other sellers actually respond in a helpful manner. I know eBid users are a great bunch, but really what the op is asking is "What are your best selling lines that I can try to undercut you or directly compete with you on?"

Do newbies really expect their business rivals to give them sensitive business information? Or are they so inexperienced they haven't realised that's what they are doing?
    I am always happy to let people know the areas that sell well for me. If that area then gets more listings it can only help business for everyone. But if they expect me to reveal details of where my stock comes from or what it costs, well that's a different matter.

Thread Information