Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: How many photographs would you like for free on eBid?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay the same = 5

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

3 100.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • umlimited

0 0%
  • Other amount

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More free photos

Default Re: More free photos

With selling pottery and books five photos have never been enough for me so I've always hosted my photos, apart from the gallery one, from my own website to get around this problem.

It's good that they are offering to increase the number and I think we should at least be in line with the other side to make it easy to transfer listings over.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well now, if it's free then I'm all for it

On a few occasions I have ended up with at least 15 photos for one item (and at times even 20 which I feel needed viewing from all angles) and created collages to fit within the 5 free image option so I feel 15 to 20 free images would be quite useful at times.

I'm leaning towards 20 if that would be possible. Thank you.

Personally my self I need more photos available. I sell a lot of lots and/or collections and more photos would be excellant so I do not have to set up another web site just to use ftp files in my listings and cluttering up everything. Dead bay lets you use 12 and with Auctiva lister I can run 24 more.

All I can say is the more the merrier and you do not have to use them all.

I do not have a lot of listings up right now since I am in the process of moving but I do anticipate going full steam as soon as I am all settled in.

Morning All,

I agree that more pictures is a great idea. I sell book lots and have to do a lot of rearranging getting all the books into just 5 collages and then they are sometimes much smaller than I like. The idea of 15 pictures would be great, if you don't need them, don't use them, but they would be available.

Thanks ebid for whatever number you decide over the current 5 ! !

Excellent point that if eBid can do it, the number of photos should match / exceed those on other sites so that items can be imported without a problem with existing pictures.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Personally,I feel that 5 is sufficient. In cases that I need to display more, I embed them in my description text.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would definitely like to see eBid introduce 12 free photos as it would be a great help to a lot of sellers.

On eBid I have to take two separate images and make them into one image which is a lot of work when you are having to do this for 50 or more items to stay within the 5 free images!

On a few listings I have on eBid I have had to take 4 photos and make them into two photo's and there is another one where I have had to take 4 or 5 photos and turn them into one image which is a lot of work especially when you know you need about 8 or 9 photos of an item and you would rather have those 4 or 5 photos uploaded individually because they have been done to show different views and details.

I recently bought a new camera so I am doing new pictures of all in stock items and I still have the loose vehicles for action figures to do and these are going to require a good 8 shots of different views per vehicle, front, rear, left and right sides, top, underneath so that is 6 images there along with one additional image as the main image. No doubt other people will have loose items requiring several shots of various views.

Having to take multiple photos and downsize them to create one large image can distract from the detail you are trying to demonstrate with your images as well so I do prefer not taking two or more images to create one image which will then distract from that detail.

Just because you may have the option of 12 photos it does not mean you have to use them, it just depends on the item you're selling but people do realise that some items do require a good 8 images when you are selling something loose and you need to show different views of front, rear, left/right sides, top, bottom, some zoom shots to show specific details or damage etc. so it is handy to have access to 12 free photos or even 10 if storage for eBid is a problem?

Edit: Just recently I have updated some listings (loose Vintage Star Wars figs) with new images and there is between 6-8 images on some of them with one listing that has 13 images which four images are inserted into a template to create one image and two other images being inserted to create one image. So I would really like eBid to be at least level with eBay on free images (12) or for eBid to maybe go with 14 free images just to go two better than eBay for the sake of it
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 2nd August 2016 at 12:49 AM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Thread Information