eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do our listings keep vanishing on Google Products ?

Default Re: Why do our listings keep vanishing on Google Products ?

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Just seen this on Google:

In addition to the United States, we are rolling out a new commercial model for Google Shopping, built on Product Listing Ads, in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Brazil, Australia and Switzerland. To keep your Product Search listings active on Google, you'll need to set up a Product Listing Ads campaign in Google AdWords targeting these countries.

Not sure if this is causing a problem.

You create an account or link to an existing account (ebid?)

http://www.google.com/merchants/adwordssettings
    I think you are right, we have to pay. After we set up the account. But ONLY if someone clicks on our ads. Pay per click.

I'm not going to worry about Google Product Search anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by head2toe View Post
    does this mean that sellers will have to pay to get products listed on Google, in order for them to show up?
    No - eBid pays.

The only thing that needs to happen at the moment is for eBid to work out:

Why we have had very little exposure on Google for the last 10 days. Regardless of the new exemption process there has been consistently only 50% of listings in a store appearing for the majority of sellers. The last few days have seen listings totally vanishing then 50% re-appearing and vanishing again in the space of one day.

And they are now looking in to this....... so hopefully they can get it sorted out.

Dean, how do you know they are looking into this issue? I have not received a response that states that information.

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Why do eBid listings keep disappearing from Google Products ? Mine have all been exempted where relevant. They have been on Google for the past two days and I've had sales to newbies. Today has been quiet so I went and checked and my listings have gone again. What is happening please ?

Please see this thread I'm not the only one this is happening to.
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...-Ever-so/page4
    The Google Gears need to be greased and that costs

Just another reason why eBid needs to not only rely on google to bring in buyers.

Forum Lurker
    Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View head2toe's Feedback (+3)
    All-About head2toe
    View head2toe's Listings
    Forum Posts

is that why the seller lifetime+ offer has been reduced in price because the Google feeds will no longer work without payment? or was the reduction in price to counteract the slight rise in listings and final valuation fees?

Forum Lurker
    Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View head2toe's Feedback (+3)
    All-About head2toe
    View head2toe's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    No - eBid pays.

The only thing that needs to happen at the moment is for eBid to work out:

Why we have had very little exposure on Google for the last 10 days. Regardless of the new exemption process there has been consistently only 50% of listings in a store appearing for the majority of sellers. The last few days have seen listings totally vanishing then 50% re-appearing and vanishing again in the space of one day.

And they are now looking in to this....... so hopefully they can get it sorted out.
    How does ebid pay?...surely that would cost them thousands to have everyones listings in some sort of advertising campaign, and if they do pay will that mean more of arise in ebid fees to cover the campaign charges.

How does ebid pay?...surely that would cost them thousands to have everyones listings in some sort of advertising campaign, and if they do pay will that mean more of arise in ebid fees to cover the campaign charges.
    They do pay thousands a month to Google for Adwords and Google Shopping. The advertisements on the site were to cover the additional costs. The money is being paid, it needs something sorting so that eBid gets what it is paying for.

That is why we now have clickable advertising on all our listings to help pay for the Google fees.

By the way my listings are back on Google Shopping this morning and I have just had two sales to newbies. I just wonder how long they will stay there though before they vanish again ?

Forum Lurker
    View graphskill's Feedback (+39)
    All-About graphskill
    View graphskill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Our items are showing OK

Just a general thought if you have your own sites as well. I may have found a rather cheap work around - it will probably get blocked at some point

On google merchant i set up and ad-campaign, I set the cost per click at 1p and the maximum daily budget of 10p. So that will only cost me about £35 a year which is not bad for advertising at all. And doing that puts up all our products on their shopping feed. I will try reducing the daily budget to see how little I can get away with

Thread Information