Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do our listings keep vanishing on Google Products ?

Default Re: Why do our listings keep vanishing on Google Products ?

Over 90% of my sales come from google shopping.
    Lets make this simple......google = sales......No google = No sales
    eBid is not a destination site and until that happens we need google shopping.
    With that said......ebid needs to do everything in their power to figure out what is happening and relay that on to us sellers. It is in their best interest to have all listings show in google shopping. What is eBid paying for anyway?
    I know, sorry, I am rehashing what has already been said.
    Just fustrated....This is "deja vu" for me.

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

Quote Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post
    Over 90% of my sales come from google shopping.
    Lets make this simple......google = sales......No google = No sales
    eBid is not a destination site and until that happens we need google shopping.
    With that said......ebid needs to do everything in their power to figure out what is happening and relay that on to us sellers. It is in their best interest to have all listings show in google shopping. What is eBid paying for anyway?
    I know, sorry, I am rehashing what has already been said.
    Just fustrated....This is "deja vu" for me.
    Do not apologise, we are here to make sales, and as you rightly say at the moment a high proportion of those sales come from Google and Google Shopping. It is therefore imperative for eBid and sellers on eBid that this is working correctly. At the moment it is not working correctly and is therefore impacting all concerned.

My turn to rehash. Still periodically losing all my listings on Google Shopping, though it does only seem to be for short time periods, possibly only a couple of minutes every half hour to an hour. But over the last few days I have been losing them all totally at about 5pm, the time when people are getting home from work and sitting in front of the PC or laptop, so I await that time with a little anxiousness to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by tkauctionworldwide View Post
    Makes me wonder if google are also chasing the big retailers items to advertise, smaller guys will not have the same amount of monies to spend on advertising that the buy guys have to spend.
    Yeah eBay is not the only company that is wanting big retailers, Google is wanting a piece of that money pie as well.

Just went to check and mine have gone again. They were there this morning when I looked.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    eBid has already stated what is required: http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#48

I really doesn't matter what you put in the field on eBid. What matters is what eBid sends to Google.

So, if eBid were to say to put Tickle Me With A Feather in that field then that is what you put. It is then up to eBid to interpret that and send the correct data to Google.
    I disagree that it does not matter what you put in the field, heres no point putting a cow there whern a sheep should be there
    How old is the information in the link, does that info still apply / work now where both google & ebid are concerned?. There as obviously been some problems, changes made or glitches either with google or ebid which as changed things recently where uploads to google are concerned.
    Are google & ebid still on the same wave length?.

I do not want to spend time rustling up a cow when I should be looking for a sheep to put in the field so that ebid can give google the correct upload info.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

as of the time of this post i have no items showing under seach vapalux on google s ebid has About 454,000 results (0.39 seconds
    t and i have 5 non lamp items showing on google out of a possible total of 81 items
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

so two mins later my vapalux items are showing i concur with mr k

two mins is a long time if a buyer looks sees nothing from me that should be there then clicks on a competiters item
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I disagree that it does not matter what you put in the field...
    The point I was trying to make is that what is entered into the field on eBid does not matter to Google. All that matters is that eBid recognises it.

As long as eBid recognises it to mean that the item has no unique product identifier and sends the correct value to Google in the feed then it can be anything. They do not send verbatim to Google whatever you enter into the field.

eBid has stated that the value they need to see in the field for an exempted item is EXEMPT. When they see that they will include in the feed the value Google needs - be that false or anything else.

The text in the help file is new since the new Google requirements were announced.
    Last edited by astral276; 24th July 2013 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    The point I was trying to make is that what is entered into the field on eBid does not matter to Google. All that matters is that eBid recognises it.

As long as eBid recognises it to mean that the item has no unique product identifier and sends the correct value to Google in the feed then it can be anything. They do not send verbatim to Google whatever you enter into the field.

eBid has stated that the value they need to see in the field for an exempted item is EXEMPT. When they see that they will include in the feed the value Google needs - be that false or anything else.

The text in the help file is new since the new Google requirements were announced.
    It will matter what is there. If eBid recognises it and accepts it then that is step one. They will then send the listing to Google for uploading to Shopping. But that will not happen if the information does not fit what Google want, so they both have to be singing from the same hymn sheet.

But the fact remains that what is in the fields seems irrelevant at the moment. Listings must have been accepted both by eBid and Google to show at all. The fact that listings are there some of the time shows that the fields have been accepted. But something is happening on Google to only show them some of the time.

Checked 10 minutes ago, nothing of mine showing. Now all back. Maybe we need to start emailing Google en masse to get them to take this seriously.

I disagree that it does not matter what you put in the field, heres no point putting a cow there whern a sheep should be there
    How old is the information in the link, does that info still apply / work now where both google & ebid are concerned?. There as obviously been some problems, changes made or glitches either with google or ebid which as changed things recently where uploads to google are concerned.
    Are google & ebid still on the same wave length?.

I do not want to spend time rustling up a cow when I should be looking for a sheep to put in the field so that ebid can give google the correct upload info.
    Gazza made the announcement on the 29th June about 'EXEMPT' being put into the barcode box. I've done all my listings and they are showing O.K. on Google ... that's when Google is working !!!
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...cations/page30

Thread Information