eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do our listings keep vanishing on Google Products ?

Default Why do our listings keep vanishing on Google Products ?

Why do eBid listings keep disappearing from Google Products ? Mine have all been exempted where relevant. They have been on Google for the past two days and I've had sales to newbies. Today has been quiet so I went and checked and my listings have gone again. What is happening please ?

Please see this thread I'm not the only one this is happening to.
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...-Ever-so/page4

Default Re: Why do our listings keep vanishing on Google Products ?

Agreed.

For 10 days this has been a major problem. And I have had no answers from support on the issue of either 1,000's of listings missing or the whole shop not appearing ??

Needs to be sorted out.

I have also messaged support about this issue. The reply I have received is "eBid is an official Marketplace Partner of Google. We will upload your items to Google Shopping within minutes of you listing them."
    This did not answer my question. For a few days now I have not been able to find any of my listings on Google Shopping.
    Also on Google Analytics, my views have dropped more than 50% the last few days.
    I was just starting to sell some items on a regular basis and things were picking up.
    Last edited by AlloftheAbove; 20th July 2013 at 09:53 PM.

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

Mine have all been missing for some time. I checked for the stores that are exempt.

That's when I discovered two of our stores are no longer exempt. It says n/a.

How do you check to see if your store is exempt?

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

Quote Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post
    How do you check to see if your store is exempt?
    Stores are no longer being exempted by Google as of the 15th July. You have to put the word 'EXEMPT' into the listings themselves if you haven't got a bar code or ISBN number. I've done all my listings but they still keep vanishing.
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...=1#post1540417
    UPDATE - Google Shopping exemption system changed. If your product has never had a barcode associated with it then you can use the word EXEMPT in the barcode box on listing form. If it has then you'll need to add it to the barcode box to enable your item to be uploaded to Google Shopping. Wrongly tagged EXEMPT items will be penalised by Google.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 20th July 2013 at 10:16 PM.

Just seen this on Google:

In addition to the United States, we are rolling out a new commercial model for Google Shopping, built on Product Listing Ads, in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Brazil, Australia and Switzerland. To keep your Product Search listings active on Google, you'll need to set up a Product Listing Ads campaign in Google AdWords targeting these countries.

Not sure if this is causing a problem.

You create an account or link to an existing account (ebid?)

http://www.google.com/merchants/adwordssettings

Tried to start the process of adding "EXEMPT" to one of our subcategory items. Unfortunately, the Bulk Edit does not include the Bar Code box. Only the Brand, and I don't think that will work.

Forum Lurker
    Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View head2toe's Feedback (+3)
    All-About head2toe
    View head2toe's Listings
    Forum Posts

does this mean that sellers will have to pay to get products listed on Google, in order for them to show up?

Another test. A book I've had listed for a couple of months. Everything was filled in

Title
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XX NOT SHOWING THE TITLE ON THIS THREAD
    ISBN
    Product Category
    Books
    Format
    Hardback
    Author
    Franklynn Peterson
    Publisher
    Random House USA Inc
    RRP
    Release Year
    Edition Genre
    Home & Garden
    Synopsis
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is an invaluable manual that will free you from the high price of home repairs, shoddy workmanship, and repairmen who don't arrive at their specified time. Franklin Peterson takes the mystery out of fixing kitchen appliances, motorized gadgets, power tools, camera equipment, radios, plumbing, furniture, and much more. His key to successful do-it-yourself repairs is not a degree from an engineering school but rather a positive state of mind--something everyone can achieve."

It is not on Google Product Search. Also, it is not on Bing or Yahoo!

It is on generic Google.

I'm not sure entering anything more in my listings will make any difference.

Thread Information