Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: What Kind of Buyer Are You?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like to buy it now (BIN); Hate the Wait!

3 14.29%
  • I like to buy it now if the price is right

2 9.52%
  • I like to bid on low start (< 99c) no reserve auctions

2 9.52%
  • I like to bid on reasonable reserve price (1st bid)

0 0%
  • I like bidding or BIN

2 9.52%
  • I like the Make An Offer (MAO) feature

1 4.76%
  • I like all the buying features! All of the Above!

11 52.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Styles? What Turns Buyers on? :-)

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Buying Styles? What Turns Buyers on? :-)

Ok Buyers! The most sought after group of eBid members/users......... What is the best buying method ? or Do you like them all or a mix? Do you like to bid, buy it now (BIN), do you like reserves, or do you like a mix or all. There are are whole bunch of eBid sellers out there, who would really like to know. Cast your vote please. Feel free to add your other likes/dislikes via comment post. Ta Muchly!

Default Re: Buying Styles? What Turns Buyers on? :-)

Hi There Burgyeb.....

As a buyer on e.bid (or any other site) I am not bothered which system is used by the seller.....

All I look for is the item I require and at a price I am happy to pay..... The system in which it is presented matters not to me.....

I am happy to Bid in auction..... BIN..... or Make an offer..... Either way is no problem.....

Kindest Regards.....

Ollie.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Ollie!

Thanks for the comments. I have purchased using all of the payment methods, and they all work just fine. Right item and right price is all I look for also. Being a bargain hunter though, my fav is low start, no reserve auctions. But only if seller is serious about honoring the completed sale

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, so far it seems that most buyers prefer all available options.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Well, so far it seems that most buyers prefer all available options.
    Which we don’t have all in here or at least if we have it is NOT shown ‘’clearly visible’’…

Bids are ok for me….
    And by the way I think many buyers like to bid and ‘’hope’’ in some cases can won even a stamp for $0.01 or post card $0.10…or a coin for $0.20…especially if is common item or items around and in my opinion it is not worth much more of that…
    But after all and as I can see that all common items are overpriced and that is one of reason why many don’t buy…
    But each seller can have own price and ask for whatever wish price for that but still in most of cases you can't have it both…

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Which we don’t have all in here or at least if we have it is NOT shown ‘’clearly visible’’…

Bids are ok for me….
    And by the way I think many buyers like to bid and ‘’hope’’ in some cases can won even a stamp for $0.01 or post card $0.10…or a coin for $0.20…especially if is common item or items around and in my opinion it is not worth much more of that…
    But after all and as I can see that all common items are overpriced and that is one of reason why many don’t buy…
    But each seller can have own price and ask for whatever wish price for that but still in most of cases you can't have it both…
    Number of options has improved, but still away to go. I saw a seller selling items for 1 penny and free s/h. I could not afford to do that. Maybe it is being seen as a marketing strategy. Then that is fine, as long as seller an afford to do that.

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Number of options has improved, but still away to go. I saw a seller selling items for 1 penny and free s/h. I could not afford to do that. Maybe it is being seen as a marketing strategy. Then that is fine, as long as seller an afford to do that.
    Of course nobody can afford that with that similar starting price and shipping…
    But as can you see this is possible and many sellers just start auction with that way, knowing very well will be placed many bids and which will reach selling price enough in the end to cover shipping too…
    But for that person need a place and high traffic…
    And how can reach that exist only one way….
    Otherwise will be still mostly BIN price forever and as I think many buyers around will not wait for that forever….
    ‘’A Zillion’’ buyers around can be reach in only one way….world is very big and mouth not that much…
    Of course all that I mean for ‘’average’’ not only based on couple reviews doesn’t matter if is positive or negative…person just can’t rely on couple only results positive or negative….
    ‘’Average’’ is the best person can rely on it…

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Of course nobody can afford that with that similar starting price and shipping…

Well, I see it being done........just think it is considered marketing (the cost of doing business) by some. It could be worth it in some activities, but I just do not think it would work on eBid. Buyers probably would expect seller to continue in that mode, which is not sustainable.

Otherwise will be still mostly BIN price forever and as I think many buyers around will not wait for that forever….
    I hear that.

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, I see it being done........just think it is considered marketing (the cost of doing business) by some. It could be worth it in some activities, but I just do not think it would work on eBid. Buyers probably would expect seller to continue in that mode, which is not sustainable.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#222222]

I hear that.
    Well...in my opinion is better to sell thousand items in short time even with only $0.20 profit from each one rather to have $20 profit from one but waiting ‘’ a year’’ to sell that one…
    Long time ago I just do that in similar way where I have only $0.50 profit from one DVD after all fees and my invested money in each one…

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well...in my opinion is better to sell thousand items in short time even with only $0.20 profit from each one rather to have $20 profit from one but waiting ‘’ a year’’ to sell that one…
    Long time ago I just do that in similar way where I have only $0.50 profit from one DVD after all fees and my invested money in each one…
    I agree. For example $0.20 profit x 1000 units (items)/day = $200 x 365 days/year = $ 73,000/year [Full time income perhaps]

Or for instance : $0.20 profit x 500 units (items)/day = $100 x 365 days/year = $ 36,500/year [Part time income perhaps]

Would rather have either one of the above amounts, instead of the $20/year profit [Night out for dinner @ Mickey D's perhaps]

Thread Information