Thread: Transfering sales from Fleabay to Ebid

Forum Newbie
    View moomingirl's Feedback (+422)
    All-About moomingirl
    View moomingirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Transfering sales from Fleabay to Ebid

Hi

I was wondering how many people have transferred their sales across from Ebay to Ebid?? Or do people run them on both?? If so how do you manage your sales, have you ever sold something from both sites at once?? Is this alllowed??

Any advice appreciated.

Default Re: Transfering sales from Fleabay to Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by moomingirl View Post
    Hi

I was wondering how many people have transferred their sales across from Ebay to Ebid?? Or do people run them on both?? If so how do you manage your sales, have you ever sold something from both sites at once?? Is this alllowed??

Any advice appreciated.
    I sell on both, but not the same items. If you did sell something on both sites at once, you would end up with a disappointed buyer. Which could lead to negative feedback. I don't want any disappointed buyers!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

I only sell on eBid at present, but there are sellers here who sell on multiple sites. The only caution I can think of is what Hurry said; if you have multiple listings on multiple sites make sure you have enough stock to cover your listings.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    All-About moomingirl
    Forum Posts

Yes, that was my thought, it shame there's no automated way of a stock item being removed from both if it sells on one. At the moment I am listing different stuff on Ebid, just got to be a little braver and whack some more stock on here.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, that was my thought, it shame there's no automated way of a stock item being removed from both if it sells on one. At the moment I am listing different stuff on Ebid, just got to be a little braver and whack some more stock on here.
    Seller+ Lifetime? What have you got to lose?
    The more you list the more you sell!

Forum Newbie
    All-About moomingirl
    Forum Posts

Yes, I purchased the pack awhile back, my income comes from my online sales but I do agree, if it's not listed it won't sell. I think Ebid is gaining pace, judging by the comments on the blogs I follow it seems people are really fed up with Ebay, not just the fees but the constant raft of changes that they keep making, I can barely keep up...I also sell through Etsy, I do quite well on there ;-).

Yes, I purchased the pack awhile back, my income comes from my online sales but I do agree, if it's not listed it won't sell. I think Ebid is gaining pace, judging by the comments on the blogs I follow it seems people are really fed up with Ebay, not just the fees but the constant raft of changes that they keep making, I can barely keep up...I also sell through Etsy, I do quite well on there ;-).
    The more you list on eBid the more you will sell.

If you make your living through online sales I would be tempted to move over more gradually though. If you have multiple items of soma listings then list some on each. The wider you cast your nets the more chance of getting the buyers. But I would list about 5% cheaper on eBid than eBay and inform your eBay buyers that you now list here and will happily list any of your items cheaper if they will buy on here.

As you say, eBid is gaining and the sooner you can gain a presence on here the better.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

You've got nothing to lose. Listing is free here anyway unless you use extra options

Ebid are working on API software. Once that becomes available you would be able to list simultaneously on both sites and the item would be deleted from the "other site" as soon as a sale is made.

Having said that, I have some items double listed (not on the bay though) and so far have not had a problem. If you decide to go that way, you'd have to be very aware of what is going on and close/delete as soon as you get a bid/sale on one of the sites.

Thread Information