eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from a new player in the Home and Garden arena!

Cool Greetings from a new player in the Home and Garden arena!

Greetings to all, just popping in to say hello, as this is where the majority of my listings are landing! The Melted Igloo Candles, Tea & Gifts is a privately owned, home based gift shop in Arctic Canada.

TMI (The Melted Igloo) looks forward to sharing our fabulous products with the eBid community and doing our part to help get eBid her lime in the spotlight. Our very first eBid shop is up and running and we already have some great plans to add shops into a few of the more empty categories down the road =)

eBid rules. Seriously. It just needs more active sellers & great items to reel in the buyers; we are happy to do our part! Seller+ Lifetime & lovin' it!

Take a look at the listings (if you like) and feel free to offer any suggestions! I (Jason) and my lovely wife (Susanna) look forward to working with you all in the future...
    Last edited by MeltedIgloo; 14th February 2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Grammar fail, had to fix it!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Greetings from a new player in the Home and Garden arena!

I like your items! I'd suggest you create some info to put on your ABOUT ME page.........check out some other sellers to get some ideas for that.

Be sure to use the PLUG YOUR AUCTIONS thread 1 x per 24 hours. You can add to the original plug 1 x per 24 hours, or delete that one when you want to start a new one.

What sort of gardening do folks do up in Whitehorse??
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Salutations Her Majesty!
    -Pours the Earl Grey...
    Thanks for the advice, is that like... a classified add thread?

Gardening is tricky when you get 22.5 hours of daylight at solstice, gotta put blinds in the greenhouse!! You can climb a mountain and watch the sun travel around the horizon without setting.
    -Zucchini, lettuce, carrots, taters, spinach, beets etc do quite well here; its a short season, so timing is everything and frost can still hoop ya', tomatoes are a bloody nightmare.
    Winter is even worse ... 22.5 hours of darkness on winter solstice... but hey; Robert Service wrote some great poems about my backyard =)

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Go to the top right of the page.......click FORUMS.........just like you must have to find the HOME and GARDEN thread...........then scroll down till you see the PLUG thread. You create one, just like you did above, but advertise your items. If you watch, you will see people's plugs today.

On the forums, I always click the NEW POSTS (at the left of the purple line near the top of the page). Then, when anyone posts something new, I can see it. Simplifies things for me.

I bet gardening is difficult. I find the UK more wet and cold in the summer than I'm used to for gardening, but the Yukon must be amazing for light. My sister and hubby used to live in Fairbanks...and she would be gardening at 2-3 a.m. in the summer!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Welcome to eBid.

A couple of things that might help.

Your listings are RUS (Run Until Sold). This type of listings stays at the back on eBid so gets less visibility. You have featured listings, they will be at the top for 60 days before being treated as a normal listing. Most successful sellers list with 7-10 day listings and 10 auto reposts. That way your listings will gradually move to the top on eBid.

On your shipping you state 'Please make sure that your eBay address matches your shipping address.'. You might want to change that to eBid.

Love the shipping info. Must be difficult at times in winter to keep that 24 hour promise.

Your items, descriptions and prices are great and you should get the sales. But be patient. At the moment eBid is not as well known as other sites. It is growing and if we can get more sellers like yourselves this growth will accelerate.

GAK! Gonna' have to bleach that bad-word from my listings! (Guess where I came from??) Where were you when I started posting? =P Thanks!

Some of my goodies have already sold, I can't edit those now... what should I do?
    Last edited by MeltedIgloo; 14th February 2013 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeltedIgloo View Post
    GAK! Gonna' have to bleach that bad-word from my listings! (Guess where I came from??) Where were you when I started posting? =P Thanks!

Some of my goodies have already sold, I can't edit those now... what should I do?
    Good to know you are selling already. I would alter the listings that have not sold, and do the others as they finish. It is not a link so not too much damage done, just the bad taste in the mouth. If you are going to alter listings to 7-10 days I would leave it until after the 60 days when they are treated as Featured, that might then give the opportunity to remove the offensive wording as well.

One more thing you can do is to add your store link and possibly home page to your signature. That will make it easier for people in the forums to get straight to your listings, see my signature as an example.

I have finished my about me and configured my policies beneath it. Would anybody care to proof read for me? Its late and I need some fresh eyes on it. If anybody is bored... I had to rework my listings so take a peek at those too =)

BTW all I sold some votive candles yesterday in the early morning and shipped them off across the pond to UK earlier today. Wasn't expecting a sale so soon after reading the forums, but am stoked about it none the less. I hope the lady is as happy with the candles as we are!
    Last edited by MeltedIgloo; 15th February 2013 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeltedIgloo View Post
    I have finished my about me and configured my policies beneath it. Would anybody care to proof read for me? Its late and I need some fresh eyes on it. If anybody is bored... I had to rework my listings so take a peek at those too =)

BTW all I sold some votive candles yesterday night and shipped them off across the pond to UK earlier. Wasn't expecting a sale so soon after reading the forums, but am stoked about it none the less. I hope the lady is as happy with the candles as we are!
    looks like a bit of stray code above the shipping:

Quality is so much more than quantity.
    <!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
    <!--[endif]-->

View selkab's Feedback (+1297)
    All-About selkab
    View selkab's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid

Whitehorse is a great place. I lived there for a while (about half a century ago) and still return every few years to visit family up there.

I think you will do very good here.

Good luck with your sales.

Thread Information