Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Ad Pop-Ups

Forum Newbie
    All-About Sandollar
    View Sandollar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Ad Pop-Ups

How many agree that eBid's Ad Pop-Up's in the middle of our listings is rather tacky and disruptive to our prospective buyer's. I realize there is a need to keep selling fees down via through advertising, after all that's why most of us left fe-eBay. But, come on ad's right smack dab in the middle of our listings.
    Even eBay doesn't do that. Over to the right-side of the page would be a much better position and like the current ad-pops at the bottom. Please help keep our listings clean and professional looking, remove the " in the middle of the listing Ad Pop-Ups"

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ad Pop-Ups

I'm afraid that complaints about this has fallen on deaf ears among the eBid ownership. My solution was to pull most of my listings and close two of my stores after 3½ years on the site. I've not yet decided upon the fate of my other store, but it is doubtful that I'll be committing much time to promoting eBid in the future.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sandollar View Post
    How many agree that eBid's Ad Pop-Up's in the middle of our listings is rather tacky and disruptive to our prospective buyer's. I realize there is a need to keep selling fees down via through advertising, after all that's why most of us left fe-eBay. But, come on ad's right smack dab in the middle of our listings.
    Even eBay doesn't do that. Over to the right-side of the page would be a much better position and like the current ad-pops at the bottom. Please help keep our listings clean and professional looking, remove the " in the middle of the listing Ad Pop-Ups"
    eBay don't need to as they charge ridiculous fees to their customers (sellers).

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    I'm afraid that complaints about this has fallen on deaf ears among the eBid ownership......

An explaination was given by eBid, but the thread it appeared in is no longer visible.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    An explaination was given by eBid, but the thread it appeared in is no longer visible.
    I think the thrust of it was that they are trialling ads in various areas to determine what is, and what is not, effective in revenue generation. I can't recall how long that trial was to run - but think it was in months.

It is a simple fact that, to obtain any meaningful data, ads must appear in certain places for a period of time. If eBid were to remove ads from an area at the first sign of dissatisfaction then they would learn nothing.

That said, I don't like the ads appearing in the main listing area either.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whether or not eBid has given an explanation as to their reason for placing the ads in the listings is not the point. Simply repeating their reason and that the trial will run until February is not, in my opinion, adequately addressing the complaints voiced about the placement and content of ads.

Frankly, if the results of eBid's testing shows that the placement of the ads in the center of the listing is the ideal place for the ads to receive clicks to lead the potential buyer to the advertiser's site, that would only act as evidence that the placement of the ads are detrimental to the sellers by leading potential buyers away from their listings. That would, in itself, show that the complaints are justified.

I'm curious as to whether, if the results show that this current placement is good for the advertisers, will eBid continue with such placement after the trial period even though it is detrimental to eBid's member sellers? And if not, why continue to test it in that location?

To be quite honest, the fact that eBid is even conducting a test with the current placement of ads within a seller's product listing causes me to have doubts about eBid's concern for its member sellers.

Thread Information