eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can't find listing in search engine

Default Re: can't find listing in search engine

Hi,
    Thank you. I did find the location and the date. So, it's been done.
    However, I did run a quick check on google search for my items. And it seems that only the last two items I posted are showing up correctly.
    Most of the other send me to the expired item. One of them ( a ring) actually sent me to a similar sapphire ring I have listed in another store...
    Maybe, I should re-write the titles of those items that expired and that I reposted. (many of them, though, I started anew).
    I 'll do that and see if it works. In any case, thank you for your help
    Betty

Default Re: can't find listing in search engine

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I cannot find them either. Rather oddly when I search for the exact term "SOLID18K GOLD NATURAL SAPPHIRES AND DIAMOND RING" with the quotes round it this forum page shows but not the listing.

As far as I know it should at least show on a general Google search, for Google Shopping you have to follow the rules. Have you got an exemption for no Brand or UPC/EAN/MPC? For Google shopping this listing will not show as there are less than 3 days remaining.

On the listing mentioned you have no space after SOLID which will limit the hits. I would also recommend not having titles in all upper case characters, though these are changed by eBid.

If I have time I will try to investigate further, partly because it seems puzzling to me why your listing is not in a general search.
    Hi, All who have tried to help so far...

After having followed all suggestions, I find it impossible to find my item in the general search or in the Google shopping search either.

Re-posted items turn up as being expired such as :

18K Solid Yellow Gold Chain Necklace Stamps (77558833)
    or even worst (search ends up in the forum : Solid (unplated) 18K Yellow Gold oval hoops. Stamps and Perfect Condition (77558849

In short, of my 25 listings, only 2 are showing up correctly. Is it time for me to give up??
    Help, please, if you can.

Thread Information