eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick question for a new member.

Default Re: Quick question for a new member.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrinni View Post
    Jttrujillo - This is exactly what I wanted and the feedback I need. Thank you so much. I have also noticed you are new to the forums, but obviously not the site over all. I think you understand that if I pay the fee, will I get the fee back (in profits) and how quickly? I do not wish to invest effort, time and money in to something that I will not receive anything back from.
    You can always upgrade later to seller+. eBid is more known in the UK because it has been there longer. Sellers in the USA are having a harder time since the site is relatively new here [I think about 4-5 years], but sales can be made. I went with the seller+ and it took me 1 1/2 months to get my initial investment back. I wanted all the perks that came with seller+ [stores, pics, payment checkout, etc.] so for me it was a no brainer. I use facebook and google plus to promote my items so the items will rank higher in a regular google search. You have to do a lot of promoting of your items but sales can be made. But if you think it's going to be like the 'big' site and you can sit back and wait for sales to roll in, well you will be disappointed.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jttrujillo View Post
    I would not pay anything until...
    1. List an item that you believe has a great chance at selling.
    2. See how it goes and IF it sells.
    3. Then determine if you want to PAY to list on this site.

I have been quite disappointed myself. I payed the FEE upfront WITHOUT looking into eBid and how they work.
    I have listed 10 items and NONE have sold. I have them listed as "until sold". It's been 4 months now and counting.
    Not much buying going on period. Just look at the categories and see.
    Hope this info helps you out
    You only have 3 items for sale.
    Run Until Sold auction listings remain at the bottom of eBid's search list, so, hardly any exposure.
    You only sell/ship to the USA.

The above factors are doomed to failure or extremely slow to no sales.

Consider adding a lot more items for sale to get more exposure.
    Consider running live auctions for 7 to 10 days with up to 10 auto relists. This way, your items will rise to the top of eBid's search list for everyone to see.
    Consider selling internationally.

Consider creating an informative Me Page (people love to read them here on eBid)

Sell yourself wherever you can - emails, blogs, facebook, google+, twitter, own website, Plug your Auctions forum (1 thread bumped up every 24hrs - if you start a 2nd thread you must delete the 1st thread).

Hope this helps

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tetrinni View Post
    Hello forums, and it's lovely cast of members, obviously I am new.

Just a question, how well and often do you sell? I am wondering if I should pay the fees to be a seller as well on this site.

Thanks for your responses.
    It all depends on what you are going to sell and how determined you are to work at it.

A warm welcome tetrinni. There are sales to be made here although not as fast as on the bigger site. I came back to sell here in 2008 and all my feedback is from eBid and not imported. I have never regretted paying for the seller+ lifetime option and got my money back soon afterwards.

It has been very quiet this month for me but usually sales are a steady trickle. I think the more people that persevere with keeping listings running here and offering a wide range of goods the more the buyers will come to look.

Jttrujillo it would help you to take some time to read all of the helpful selling tips here on the forums. Run until sold keeps things at the bottom of the lists. What are your terms for returns? Why haven't you filled in your about me page ? I can't see your listings because I am in the U.K. why not offer them overseas?
    There are lots of things you can do to improve your selling chances here but I'm afraid you need to do a bit of work or the alternative is to pay the high fees elsewhere.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been a member for just over a year and have almost 2000 items listed. This gives me 1-3 sales a week with which I am happy. I sell mostly handmade stuff and jewellery. I would happily pay the joining fee again
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

My stamps are selling even as I am writing this - I'm extremely happy with eBid!

Quote Originally Posted by jttrujillo View Post
    I would not pay anything until...
    1. List an item that you believe has a great chance at selling.
    2. See how it goes and IF it sells.
    3. Then determine if you want to PAY to list on this site.

I have been quite disappointed myself. I payed the FEE upfront WITHOUT looking into eBid and how they work.
    I have listed 10 items and NONE have sold. I have them listed as "until sold". It's been 4 months now and counting.
    Not much buying going on period. Just look at the categories and see.
    Hope this info helps you out
    Your items are Run Until Sold, for the majority the worst way to list items on eBid. RUS listings stay at the bottom of the pile. Try listing on 7-10 days with 10 auto relists and you may have more success. In addition keep an eye on the forums where people ask for advice, I have learned a lot and it has helped my sales tremendously.

On the sales front, I sell on a regular basis with a usual average price for the month of £14+. If you are thinking of selling then listen to what the regulars say and try a few things to see what suits your items. You can sell on eBid but it is not eBay (the dark side), you have to put more effort and thought into selling, but then you get to keep more of the money when you do sell.

Correct me if I am wrong, but does it cost 25p for a listing up to £14.99 on feepay?

Assuming it does, if you list 100 items for 10 days that's £25.00, whether or not the item sells.

Do that again and that is another £25.00.

20 days exposure for 100 items = £50

It costs £49.99 to join ebid as a seller+ which gives you unlimited? listings with lifetime exposure - OK the exposure isn't as wide as feepay's.

You could argue that you will make back the £50 feepay fees through the better chance of making sales, but I feel that over the course of, say, 6 months, the £49.99 on seller+ membership is money well spent in the long run.
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Depends Some people can't stop selling and others slowly. I being one of the later ones but my items tend to be Mid price (£5-£100). I always tell people Don't expect stuff to fly out BUT think about all that money you SAVE on re-listing fee's (Assuming your from the dark side)
    What Red said applies to me as well, (slow and semi-steady, tortoise not hare); however, as Red mentioned, there are no listing/relisting fees and only 2% FVF for seller+ members on gallery listings. The more self promo you do, the more exposure (as Twitter, Facebook, personal blog, etc)., also it helps to apply for a Google exemption for your store(s), so your items appear in Google shopping. I also find offering international shipping helps, as I've made a number of sales to overseas customers.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hallo and welcome!

For me it varies with the selling on here. The start of the year was very good, but it slowed up in the summer a lot. I have just sorted through a few more bits and added a load more DVDs and stamp collectables, so hoping that it will liven up again soon.
    Having said that, everything (in non-cyberspace too) has been slow this year, I help out at various community groups and everyone has been feeling the pinch.

Best ways to get sales:
    - List your items on 10 X 7 day relists, that means that you get to the top of the default listings. There have been issues with "dump and run" sellers who list stuff on "run until sold" and then vanish, which has been a real pain in the backside until ebid has recently taken action on that score.
    - Post your auctions to social network auction promotion groups. There are ebid specific ones on livejournal,. facebook, and yahoogroups, and you can also use general "auction promotion" groups on those as well to reach a wider audience.
    - If you sell on ebay, pop in a slip to let your buyers there know. Because you are paying less fees here, you can afford to list cheaper than you would on ebay, so attracting people over, especially when they have had good experiences buying from you on ebay or wherever.

Thread Information