Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stop showing views to buyers ?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Stop showing views to buyers ?

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    I'm personally not fond of the RUS option for setting the length of time a listing runs. While it is quite easy to set the counter to start over at the beginning of each auto re-post, since the RUS listing doesn't re-post that presents a problem. You might consider limiting your listings to a specific number of days with a set number of auto-reposts. It would allow you to set your counter to reset each time and give you the additional benefit of not having your listings at the end of search results.
    i set one of my auctions at 40 days run with x10 auto reposts it gains over 300 views per run i can even tell you the time now that its bumped up im pretty sure this is a cometiter doing this,ive also sold two of these items before via ebid with no problems, all i ask is the ability to make viewings public or not i still want to see how many viewings i get but i personally dont want my listings with a public viewing count.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Having 100's of views on a listing is indicative of problems. The listings are attracting irrelevant traffic rather than relevant traffic.

The views are a useful seller tool - if you are getting mass views you need to look at how you are listing your items, generalized key words rather than specific keywords with not enough information in the title (or not enough relevant information) will attract irrelevant traffic.

There are exceptions to that - but not many, designer goods, particularly clothing is always an exception. The amount of views in general are irrelevant - whilst the conversion rate from view count to sale is important.

But I would agree on the view count being removed from general view - serves no real function to a buyer.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

But I would agree on the view count being removed from general view - serves no real function to a buyer
    But I would agree on the view count being removed from general view - ""It"" serves no real function to a buyer

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Another factor with the number of viewings is sellers pricing items i think this holds true in the collectables/one off items ebid leads the way with collectable sellers listing on BIN sales hence other sellers checking out prices on listings this inflates the viewings total , high viewings from relevant or non relevant traffic from a buyers point of view would put me off from buying the buyer can not distinguish between the examples i have given all they see are example are large viewing totals, some sellers may not think large viewing totals are a problem some do, my surgestion is the ability to have a choice of viewings being public or not.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Looks like we missed out on a good idea about showing watchers, I woke up this morning & checked my email & had a sale on the darkside so I went their & processed the order & as I started looking at some items their what did i find, they now show wacthers count on the listings.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Hi Guys
    I know this has come up before
    But I thought I'd mention it again.

I wonder if it would be a good idea NOT to show the number of views that an auction has had to buyers.

Eg I have one auction that has been going for 9 weeks and it has had 300 views.
    I think this would have a negative effect on buyers who may think that wow this auction has had 300 views and no one wants it! (This may be true.)

But I am pretty certain that most of those views are from Bots (spiders and robots) (this was what my research shows)

What do you think ?
    Have we had a poll on this at anytime?

Maybe as the original poster you could start a poll?

There was a lot of discussion regarding Make an Offer and the guys took notice of that. Maybe if there was a poll regarding the views column the guys might consider this?

"books"
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Thread Information