Thread: To Have or Not To Have a Bid Column

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: To Have or Not To Have a Bid Column

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Ohhh the Rude and Insulting warning is in the wind... so be it if truth hurts. I have 0 auctions here now anyway.
    Well...’’Notes’’ you just do like me I don’t know where yours all items gone but I know for sure where my gone is….after almost whole one month I manage to sell all my items which is previous been in here more of 12.000 items….
    I give much my own time to list, to promote on eBid at least sell some but for the real and normal business I just decide is not going to work anymore for me regarding speed and what is interest for most stuff in here and how often buyers coming in here to buy stuff, not to read or write I mean only to come to buy…and this is all about if is person in auction business around on the Net…
    If I need to write or read much I will use Internet pages suited exactly only for that…
    And by the way I am for bid column all the way doesn’t matter if I selling in here something or not anymore in my opinion I think this is pretty normal to have that stuff on auction site or selling platform…0 bids or bunch of the bids doesn’t matter this stuff belongs on business which is similar like ours…but owners of this site will decide again if we going to have bid column or not in the future...
    Dzambo wish you good health to all and good sales and plenty of sales in here in the future….

P.S. I respect anyone opinion no problem I just saying my opinion only…And now Dzambo go back to the business…still more plenty items to sell….

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    So given that it has been raised time and again, and given that management have not responded with the information you've outlined, what makes you think that this time will be any different? Isn't their lack of discussion of the subject a response in itself? Aren't they already telling us that they are not interested in a repeat of a failed trial?
    As Jan has already stated MaO has now been made a feature and that was campaigned for long and hard. I wasn't really interested in MaO but had no objections if it was a feature that other sellers would find helpful for their business. A bid column however is important for my own business.

Things change over time and the site has grown rapidly since the last trial run. I am not in the habit of assuming anything about management until they give a statement one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    As Jan has already stated MaO has now been made a feature and that was campaigned for long and hard.
    Management showed their interest in whether users wanted MaO or not by adding a poll of their own to the site.
    Management have not added their own poll on the question of a bid columm.
    Clearly there is a big difference, but some users seem to have trouble accepting that.

Management showed their interest in whether users wanted MaO or not by adding a poll of their own to the site.
    Management have not added their own poll on the question of a bid columm.
    Clearly there is a big difference, but some users seem to have trouble accepting that.
    And do you know for a fact that they never will ?

And do you know for a fact that they never will ?
    So what's the plan, badger them until they finally give in and allow the inmates to run the asylum?

Let's be realistic about this. Management are well aware that some users want certain features. They will have seen the requests made in the proper forum and they will have seen the inumerable posts about it in this one. Yet they have not added a poll, responded to one of the many threads or given in and once again added the bid column. They've had more than enough time to do any one - or even all three - of those things if they wanted to do so. Whether they choose to in the future is up to them and constantly nagging them isn't going to help. Why can't people just leave it alone. The point's been made, now move on and leave management to act, or not act, on the "requests" in their own time.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Doesn't matter too much to me, but if the majority are in favor, then perhaps eBid should consider adding a bid column.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

So what's the plan, badger them until they finally give in and allow the inmates to run the asylum?

Let's be realistic about this. Management are well aware that some users want certain features. They will have seen the requests made in the proper forum and they will have seen the inumerable posts about it in this one. Yet they have not added a poll, responded to one of the many threads or given in and once again added the bid column. They've had more than enough time to do any one - or even all three - of those things if they wanted to do so. Whether they choose to in the future is up to them and constantly nagging them isn't going to help. Why can't people just leave it alone. The point's been made, now move on and leave management to act, or not act, on the "requests" in their own time.
    I'm not sure why you think I'm not entitled to express my own opinions, I'm sorry if you have had a bad day or something ? I'm looking after own my business interests as I am here to sell and I am not even sure why you are so concerned about this topic as you have nothing listed at the moment. I bid you goodnight.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Alas! This discussion has seemed to veer off its intended purpose and turned into a debate as to what the owners of the site want or do not want. I voiced my opinion and gave my underlying reasons for it. As has been said, it is up to those responsible for the well being of the site, namely management, to make the ultimate decision. However, I know that I would not be doing my business any favors if I failed at least to listen to my clients and I don't see any difference between my listening to mine and eBid management listening to theirs. Whether or not they choose to act is a decision they must make.

I do fail to see how the drawing of a line either for or against by eBid's clients, namely we seller, is in any way productive. It is one thing to debate the pros & cons of an issue based on the merits of the issue itself, but another debate whether or not it or a similar issue was debated in the past.

We owned a second hand furniture store for 30 years and I spent the opposite side of auctions than JaBek has. I do know from experience that having someone bid against you for something you have your eye on does influence prices. There were lots of times I spent more than I planned on because there was another bidder.

I think it would benefit all of us to be able to see bids. It would help sellers bottom line and it would benefit eBid's bottom line.

I'm not sure why you think I'm not entitled to express my own opinions, I'm sorry if you have had a bad day or something ? I'm looking after own my business interests as I am here to sell and I am not even sure why you are so concerned about this topic as you have nothing listed at the moment. I bid you goodnight.
    Well done! You managed to completely ignore every point I made and instead began to make this personal. So much for civility.

Thread Information