eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make an offer removes the auction part of my listings.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down Make an offer removes the auction part of my listings.

I have had all my listings on 7 day auctions, plus buynows. I added "make an offer" and was disappointed to see that this removed the auction bit, and just left the "buy now". I will be returning to my old "auction price and buy now price" formats as soon as I can do the bulk edits again.

Default Re: Make an offer removes the auction part of my listings.

It's not a glitch it's the way it's designed, from.
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.php?159976-Update-all-your-items-to-allow-offers-on-them-(Make-an-Offer)&p=1444985&viewfull=1#post1444985

Make sure you add a BuyNow price. You will see the Fixed Price box tick itself automatically. This just turns off all bidding facilities for this item. Bidding and Offering can't run on the same listing.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 4th May 2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

This makes sense when I think about it. When I bid on an auction, I am "making an offer". The winner is the person who makes the highest "offer."

This new feature makes it possible to "bid" on a fixed price listing.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep, as has already been said here and elsewhere - no fault, it's working as it should. Auction and Make an offer are mutually exclusive. One relies on multiple offers up from a base line and the other on a single offer down from a top line - you can't possibly have both at once.

View selkab's Feedback (+1297)
    All-About selkab
    View selkab's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Yep, as has already been said here and elsewhere - no fault, it's working as it should. Auction and Make an offer are mutually exclusive. One relies on multiple offers up from a base line and the other on a single offer down from a top line - you can't possibly have both at once.
    Why couldn't you have both at once.

if I list a widget at a starting bid of $10.00 and a BIN of $20.00, a auction site could be set up to;

1: take a bid from the $10.00 start and lock that item into bidding only. Allowing the item to be bid up to any price that the market will bear.
    2: if a buyer wanted to make an offer less than the $20.00 the the item would be locked into that sale until the seller either accepts or rejects the offer.
    3: the buyer uses BIN for $20.00 for an instant purchase.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by selkab View Post
    Why couldn't you have both at once.

if I list a widget at a starting bid of $10.00 and a BIN of $20.00, a auction site could be set up to;

1: take a bid from the $10.00 start and lock that item into bidding only. Allowing the item to be bid up to any price that the market will bear.
    2: if a buyer wanted to make an offer less than the $20.00 the the item would be locked into that sale until the seller either accepts or rejects the offer.
    3: the buyer uses BIN for $20.00 for an instant purchase.
    I just think the two concepts are mutually exclusive. If you did engineer it for both to work at once (and anything's possible, of course) when *would* you disable the opposite function? Are you going to allow bids while offers are being made, and vice versa? Who gets precedence if you don't remove the other function?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just think the two concepts are mutually exclusive. If you did engineer it for both to work at once (and anything's possible, of course) when *would* you disable the opposite function? Are you going to allow bids while offers are being made, and vice versa? Who gets precedence if you don't remove the other function?
    Absolutely.

View selkab's Feedback (+1297)
    All-About selkab
    View selkab's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've bid on auctions, on another site, that had a BIN and as soon as I placed my bid the BIN disappeared.

the other way around, could work something like this: as soon as an offer was made the bid box could disappear.

So are you suggesting an auction price, a BIN and a MAO?

But, surely, the auction price would be set lower than the BIN to start with. So, why would anyone make an offer on the BIN?

I know the comparison is probably odious to some, but the Best Offer function works well in its simplicity on the other side.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by selkab View Post
    I've bid on auctions, on another site, that had a BIN and as soon as I placed my bid the BIN disappeared.

the other way around, could work something like this: as soon as an offer was made the bid box could disappear.
    Actually, when you put an item up for sale at auction you are asking potential buyers to make an offer. The inclusion of a MaO option would be a bit redundant.

Thread Information