eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ebid Should Charge More Fees to the Seller

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid Should Charge More Fees to the Seller

And while many sellers are objecting this comment, those are ones ruining the buyer interest to the website.

I'm a seller AND a buyer...........and you would say I am ruining buyer interest in the website?

ok. I'm old. I'm slow. Am I missing something? I don't think in this day and age that Auctions are what drive the success of a seller or a website. There is more instant gratification mentality..............and people like to pick something, buy, and move on. Here, you can list it both ways........for the person who wants to bid..........and also put a price on for a buy it now. Best of both worlds.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=resalemadness;1387300]Ebid should charge a seller for each and every item they list, a monthly fee for each and every month that the seller keeps static store listings, and a final value fee for every item sold. The sellers fee charged can be a low amount to list, and then a higher percent when the item sells. This sounds like e**y to me. There can be an introductory period where the seller can try the website for a reduced amount, then an increase to regualr fees if they like the website venue.

The reason for this is that every seller with ligit great products has a margin in their budget to pay rent for a selling venue. Sellers should never be allowed to list for free, as they can flood the website with poor quality overpriced products that buyers do not want. How can you know what people want? That is why I sell a variety of different items. I never know who wants what...if someone likes something, they will buy it. These sellers will not be able to afford to pay their Ebid bill, and will not be able to continue to sell, and great sellers with great products will be the ones left selling on the website.

The auction venue is specifically designed for rare and unique items that are being liquidated, and sellers without a good margin of profit, and without a good product should be effectively run off the website, by not being able to afford the sellers fees.

This will make the website more interesting to the buyers who will become addicted to the great sellers products.
    I am one of those great sellers, and I have no problem paying outrageous Ebay fees for 10 years every month, because my items have a 50% margin of profit, and a near 100% sell through rate every month in clothing shoes and accessories. Yahoo auctions failed because they did not charge sellers fees, did not use gallery photos, and did not provide an interesting venue for the buyer. I'm not sure but I thought Yahoo got bought by e**y.

Make Ebid attractive to the buyer, and the great sellers will be happy to help Ebid do their job of providing a great selling venue.[/
    QUOTE] I think eBid.net is full of great sellers and buyers. Hoping more will come in the future.

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

I will go to hell in a handcart before I pay to list every item, pay monthly fees and even more final value fees on here.

~Sighs~ its reality check time again.

YES many people pay those fees on the bay ....because their items sell faster and ebay does it own promoting ...fact.

Ebid is in a class of its own as more a social network with sales thrown in and before the pack leap on me just think about what is said the most in response to anyone who brings up a change.
    Yes .. its the fact that ebid is like a chat room, a social site, they can come here and chat and hopefully have a few sales as 99.9% that sign up are individual sellers.Nothing wrong with that at all but those people are happy with the slower pace but its just not cutting the mustard for many business sellers.

I DO agree that raising the FVF would be helpful and bring in more revenue for the site.

IF and when or when and if sales on ebid are more plentiful and faster then maybe a set amount token monthly listing fee could further increase revenue.for the site.

But how can anyone in their right mind suggest that even though people pay £49 joining fee they then pay more on top when they may not get any sales for months.. people would not stay.. they would not bother to even list anything to start with or if they did there would be holy hell on as they say they are paying and getting nothing back.

There are things that ebid needs but charging more fees is way way down the back of the queue right now.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…I have right now 8,571 items in my store and if eBid take same path like eBay right now (which is minimum need to collect enough money for advertising) I will pay about $1,714.20 for listing fee in my stores and top of that 6 stores x $15.99 will be more $95.94 in store fees…so for start to selling in here I will own eBid end of month minimum $1,810.14 even if I not sell any of my 8.571 items whole month…Well…if I sell many my items in here I will pay extra more for % fee charges top of that…doesn’t matter what I will work for eBid whole month…and anyway I think I will pay off one more my house before I recover all this fees…or I will need to list in here only high priced items with minimum selling price of $50.00 each and ‘’hopping’ I will sell enough to recover all this fees…So in the end ‘’Cleary this idea of eBid should charge more fees to the Seller’’ is just ‘’works’’ fine with me….for God sake I don’t hear better ‘’idea’’ in my whole life…....

P.S. I go for sleep, this ''idea'' it is really something.......

Oh, I'm soooo glad we have an expert here to tell eBid's owners that their business model is all wrong and to correct the mistakes of these misguided fools. I'm sure the site will run soooo much better under the OP's guidance.

Clearly the OP has run their own massively successful auction site for so long they speak from years of experience.

What?

The OP doesn't run their own auction site?

Oh, well.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Worst website suggestion I have read so far.
    Totally agree.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resalemadness View Post
    Ebid should charge a seller for each and every item they list, a monthly fee for each and every month that the seller keeps static store listings, and a final value fee for every item sold. The sellers fee charged can be a low amount to list, and then a higher percent when the item sells. There can be an introductory period where the seller can try the website for a reduced amount, then an increase to regualr fees if they like the website venue.

The reason for this is that every seller with ligit great products has a margin in their budget to pay rent for a selling venue. Sellers should never be allowed to list for free, as they can flood the website with poor quality overpriced products that buyers do not want. These sellers will not be able to afford to pay their Ebid bill, and will not be able to continue to sell, and great sellers with great products will be the ones left selling on the website.

The auction venue is specifically designed for rare and unique items that are being liquidated, and sellers without a good margin of profit, and without a good product should be effectively run off the website, by not being able to afford the sellers fees.

This will make the website more interesting to the buyers who will become addicted to the great sellers products.
    I am one of those great sellers, and I have no problem paying outrageous Ebay fees for 10 years every month, because my items have a 50% margin of profit, and a near 100% sell through rate every month in clothing shoes and accessories. Yahoo auctions failed because they did not charge sellers fees, did not use gallery photos, and did not provide an interesting venue for the buyer.

Make Ebid attractive to the buyer, and the great sellers will be happy to help Ebid do their job of providing a great selling venue.
    OP, I took the time to run over to the site you have been selling on for 11 years also took a look at items you have listed. Very nice items and very nice feedback.
    5460 feedbacks, lets take that up to 5700 sales just in case a few haven't left feedback. Now I can't see all your transaction $ amounts but judging by what I could see I would guess at an average sale of $30.00 and with your margins thats $15.00 profit for a total of $85,500 for 11 years or $7,773.00 per year which comes to $648.00 per month.
    Although decent money as a hobby not much to get serious sellers excited about.
    What you have suggested is turning eBid into eBay and for the life of me can't imagine why one would suggest that.
    After 11 years of succesful on line sales you must have some followers and repeat customers. Bring them here and boost your profits. Imagine what that $85,500 would have been without the fees.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well…I have right now 8,571 items in my store and if eBid take same path like eBay right now (which is minimum need to collect enough money for advertising) I will pay about $1,714.20 for listing fee in my stores and top of that 6 stores x $15.99 will be more $95.94 in store fees…so for start to selling in here I will own eBid end of month minimum $1,810.14 even if I not sell any of my 8.571 items whole month…Well…if I sell many my items in here I will pay extra more for % fee charges top of that…doesn’t matter what I will work for eBid whole month…and anyway I think I will pay off one more my house before I recover all this fees…or I will need to list in here only high priced items with minimum selling price of $50.00 each and ‘’hopping’ I will sell enough to recover all this fees…So in the end ‘’Cleary this idea of eBid should charge more fees to the Seller’’ is just ‘’works’’ fine with me….for God sake I don’t hear better ‘’idea’’ in my whole life…....

P.S. I go for sleep, this ''idea'' it is really something.......
    Think this through Dzambo. If your 8571 items sold within 1 month even at an average of $8.00 each that is $68,568.00 for the month. Fees wouldn't even come into play would they? Problem is if that happened (which it quite possibly could) you wouldn't be able to keep up with packing and relisting new items. You would have to hire someone to help which at that kind of money is quite feasible.

My take on the OP is they don't believe smaller sellers have a place in the online auction industry and the OP feels their expertise in online sales is the way to go. It is an opinion by the OP and maybe as we all have in the past the Op will read what eBidders have stated here and get them thinking there are other ways and varying opinions.

Welcome to Ebid ite always good to have great sellers on here

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why do people always want to change this site? If you ain't happy STAY with EBAY! Simples!
    Nancy
    Ceud mìle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Thread Information