Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ebid Should Charge More Fees to the Seller

Smile Ebid Should Charge More Fees to the Seller

Ebid should charge a seller for each and every item they list, a monthly fee for each and every month that the seller keeps static store listings, and a final value fee for every item sold. The sellers fee charged can be a low amount to list, and then a higher percent when the item sells. There can be an introductory period where the seller can try the website for a reduced amount, then an increase to regualr fees if they like the website venue.

The reason for this is that every seller with ligit great products has a margin in their budget to pay rent for a selling venue. Sellers should never be allowed to list for free, as they can flood the website with poor quality overpriced products that buyers do not want. These sellers will not be able to afford to pay their Ebid bill, and will not be able to continue to sell, and great sellers with great products will be the ones left selling on the website.

The auction venue is specifically designed for rare and unique items that are being liquidated, and sellers without a good margin of profit, and without a good product should be effectively run off the website, by not being able to afford the sellers fees.

This will make the website more interesting to the buyers who will become addicted to the great sellers products.
    I am one of those great sellers, and I have no problem paying outrageous Ebay fees for 10 years every month, because my items have a 50% margin of profit, and a near 100% sell through rate every month in clothing shoes and accessories. Yahoo auctions failed because they did not charge sellers fees, did not use gallery photos, and did not provide an interesting venue for the buyer.

Make Ebid attractive to the buyer, and the great sellers will be happy to help Ebid do their job of providing a great selling venue.

Default Re: Ebid Should Charge More Fees to the Seller

Plenty other places do all these things ... this is eBid - it is different - and I for one love the difference... that is why I am here...
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why on Earth would you want to ' fix' something that aint broken

Your theory is sound and your point of view is valid but I for one am here because of huge fees and narrow margins charged elsewhere. From reading these forums I know that I'm not alone. At some point in the future as eBid grows, new fees may have to be introduced to control the site but for now it would only serve to drive people away. New automated functions could do what you are asking without introducing new fee hikes.

And with this post I become a Forum Lurker, Newbie status begone!
    Last edited by lodegrundrunner; 26th October 2011 at 07:23 PM.

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

Somehow I just knew you were going to be one of the "great sellers" before I got to that part of your post.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Poster is just giving an opinion, but I see the poster is a buyer here. Well, not sure poster has bought anything here yet, but he's not a seller here. Yet. Hopefully poster will jump on board, give the site an honest trial, and then decide if what's not broke needs fixin'!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Speaking as a useless seller with much smaller profit margins, I don't like your ideas, op.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

p.s........welcome to eBid. Where are our manners? Glad you are here, and I hope you are very successful in your eBid sales, when you list something. You've been registered almost a year, so you've had time to look around. If you need help listing and selling, click the help button at the top right of any page, then look at the FAQ's and helpful videos on the left. Lots of helpful tips in the forums. You will probably need to register as a seller first......I think that's how that part works! Good luck!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

It would have to be a small monthly fee...that seems to be the beauty of ebid having the ability to list your items without worrying about recurring fees, if anything I feel that ebid may need to increase the FVF slightly but thats just my opinion.

If anyone thinks that I am going to pay a listing fee for each of 8,000+ items here, then they should think again.

The total amount of listings on the site (not just mine - mine would be zero) would drop by at least 75% overnight.

I am all for the raising of final value fees (and have stated this on many occasions) - but not a listing fee on top of the £50.00 seller+ fee.
    (and yes I do have over 2,000 items listed on the other site too)

Am thinking the op should list 50 or 100 items here, then come back and add to this thread in a couple of months.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 26th October 2011 at 04:18 PM.

Thread Information