eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gazza, more clarification re Brands & Google Shopping please.

Default Re: Gazza, more clarification re Brands & Google Shopping please.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    For now, let's ensure all our items that have Barcodes and Brands have them on the listing, and let's tackle the other stuff as we know where we need to go.
    I'd love to. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to sort out which ones even have a Barcode/ISPN/Manufacturer's Number or whatever, and which ones require a Brand (what's the brand for a United States postage stamp or a US Mint coin set?), then MANUALLY research and update the listings. With over 7,500 items listed . . . there's no way I'll get this done by September 21.

If I can't get an exception for all our stores, and update the listings as they get submitted and rejected, I'm probably going to delete the questionable ones. Deleting is fast, research and updates are not.

Maybe I'll get them relisted someday, maybe I'll move them to another site. I can't split them out here we'll need 8 stores. I don't feel like paying for three extras, and I can't put all these items in one fifth store because 30 categories won't be enough.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Who said anything about panicking ?
    Well...certainly seemed like a lot of panicked reactions to me - but if you say you are perfectly calm...I'll believe you.

Since when has that become a crime ?
    As of 21:16 BST today.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Things like stamps and bank notes won't have barcodes or brands associated with them so they would come under class D. You can ask for an exemption for your eBid Store.

The emails we have received from Google with warnings on insufficient UPIs in our feeds have focused on products that have the brand in the title yet not under the "brand" field.

For example, a seller on here selling many Fisher Price items did not have Fisher Price in the brand field of any of their items, this user was flagged by Google.

Using our bulk edit system it will be easy to move complete categories from one eBid Store to another.

Google's take on this can be seen here http://www.google.com/support/mercha...?answer=160161
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Alas! I went through this same hassle over on another site upon which I have a store. There I followed the links requested an exemption, was granted it by Google and then found out that I had to submit a request for an exemption to Google thru the site. What a hassle. And items that weren't exempt had to either be removed from the store, placed in a separate store or they weren't going to be uploaded to Google Shopping. The whole thing got to be such a circus when Google would change things that they had informed the site about then changed their mind. Frankly, I've all but abandoned that store & site, moving several of the items here, to the bay or donating them to local thrift stores.

I'm not sure what Google has in mind for their Google Shopping, but it probably isn't designed with the small or auction seller in mind.

Gazza! What is the penalty for a store or seller that doesn't comply with Google Shopping requirements? Are they going to have their stores & listing buried somewhere that it'll take an Indiana Jones to uncover them?

To be honest, for me, the requirements to be included in a Google Shopping feed aren't worth the effort. If all the merchandise in a store has to either have the required attributes or be exempt, I would prefer to skip the Google Shopping feed. Chances are that the small seller's store is merely going to be overshadowed by the big corporate sellers of mass produced goods anyway.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why do I get this gutted feeling that Ebay has something to do with this.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Why do I get this gutted feeling that Ebay has something to do with this.
    LOL

Of course, why didn't I realised its all eBays fault

I bet eBays also stopped us having a good summer this year.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…’’Bek’’…you’re right…and same stuff happened on eBay too…and as I see both Google and eBay just try to have in the future most of regular product with all this numbers is just like regular shopping malls…with billions product which anybody anyway can buy in any shopping malls…and anyway I am not worry for my stuff because most of my items NO SHOPPING MALL in USA or most of from rest of whole world shopping malls will sell stuff like my and no way person can find that stuff in regular shopping…like me, many others seller’s have similar stuff which buyers will look all the time to buy and again personally for me I will keep listing day to day without stopping and as usual I will notice all my buyers from before in usual way…skip Google shopping go on eBid and go in my store where is Dzambo’s stuff and after that you no need to look all this numbers around, prices and usual way of business what any regular store try to make because you not will find that items likes from me or any personal private seller’s all around who selling stuff person can find only from private seller’s…In the end if my stuff will show up in the Google fine if not fine again…I always will find buyers in my way…AMEN…..

P.S.''Jan''...psssttt...you know how eBay this day's try to become ONLY like shopping mall...eBay can try a 100 times I don't care because I will always find buyers for stuff which eBay ''shopping mall'' can't offer....

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    LOL

Of course, why didn't I realised its all eBays fault

I bet eBays also stopped us having a good summer this year.
    *Heheheheee*

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    *Heheheheee*
    Actually, I think it's just Google's way of trying to pigeon hole things so that everything can be neatly fit into a smooth running search program. We know that conformity is good when it comes to a system working like a well oiled machine. Alas! The odd, one of a kind, item that doesn't fit into the set pattern causes problems. Perhaps a real live person might have to THINK and decide if they might be interested in more information about something in case they might want to purchase it. Of course, it is much more system friendly if people just let the machine program tell them what they want to by.

Please refer to Star Trek (Original Series) the episode entitled "I, Mudd" and you can see how mankind needs to be taken care of by machines for their own good.

So what would happen if I took all my books with an ISBN out of my book store and just left them on the site while applying for an exemption for the older pre 1970 ones left in the store? Would the ISBN ones still be fed to Google if they weren't in my store any more ?

I don't particularly want to pay to open another book shop as book sales are slow anyway. It would either be take them out of the store altogether or dump them in my Brocante store. Then anything in my Brocante that doesn't have a brand name would have to be moved into my pottery, jewellery or kitchenalia stores even if they don't fit under those categories. It's going to be a right mess.

What is going to happen to seller's items that don't have stores so can't apply for an exemption? Does that mean their unbranded items won't get fed to Google any more ?

Thread Information