Thread: Where are the bids?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Where are the bids?

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I quite understand that you are not bothered with having a bid column adruml as you sell consumer goods at a fixed price so I'm not quite sure why you are concerned with this issue if you don't use the eBid bidding system ?

In my opinion for those of us that sell collectibles. that may be rare or scarce, auctions are very important. With items that are hard to find auctions often help determine the market price that people are willing to pay. The sellers of collectibles on this site are often losing out on the true market value of their items due to the absence of a bid column and the publicity that brings to their listings. If buyers were to have their attention drawn to listings with existing bids then prices would certainly increase in many instances which benefits both the seller and the site. I hope that goes some way to explaining why I am concerned about this.
    Actually I am in favor of a bid column and enjoy bidding wars. Unfortunately there is no such thing here and I'm afraid if we show a bid column with no bids on millions of items it just wouldnt look good.
    Just because eBay has it has no bearing on why eBid should have it.
    Ebid has been around just as long as eBay and look at the membership numbers. People come, stick around for a little while, not happy with their sales then leave. Some folks thunk if we had a bid column, and a best offer option these sellers would stay and more would come over.
    Ebid needs to fill its categories and somehow increase its membership bigtime. The word of mouth, umbrellas, bumper stuckers, tweetung, facebooking and google search has only got eBid where it is today. Very sad growth for the tremendous site eBid is. Even if we double or triple our membership in the next ten years thats still not enough.
    Folks want all kind if features. I want to see lots more members.

Forum Newbie
    View EndlessFinds's Feedback (+858)
    All-About EndlessFinds
    View EndlessFinds's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Re: Where are the bids?

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Actually I am in favor of a bid column and enjoy bidding wars. Unfortunately there is no such thing here and I'm afraid if we show a bid column with no bids on millions of items it just wouldnt look good.
    Just because eBay has it has no bearing on why eBid should have it.
    Ebid has been around just as long as eBay and look at the membership numbers. People come, stick around for a little while, not happy with their sales then leave. Some folks thunk if we had a bid column, and a best offer option these sellers would stay and more would come over.
    Ebid needs to fill its categories and somehow increase its membership bigtime. The word of mouth, umbrellas, bumper stuckers, tweetung, facebooking and google search has only got eBid where it is today. Very sad growth for the tremendous site eBid is. Even if we double or triple our membership in the next ten years thats still not enough.
    Folks want all kind if features. I want to see lots more members.
    I agree with most of your assessment....
    And just to be clear, we're not always trying to be overly critical of eBid --- WE LIKE the ease of use and the well-thought layout; WE LIKE the quick response times from Support; WE APPRECIATE the friendlier atmosphere and better "energy" compared to the angst over at the Dark Side; WE WOULD LOVE nothing more than to see this place become a thriving, Legit Alt to GreedBay so we can ditch their mind-numbing fees and corporate BS and stay here for the long haul...
    We just can't figure out how after all this time eBid remains the "best kept secret" on the internet? We enclose promo flyers in all of our Dark Side customers orders in an attempt to drive traffic to this site and no one's ever heard of this place? Again, not trying to be critical, just an observation...
    Another observation (which some probably won't agree) as Im combing around this site is maybe part of the problem here is LOW PRICES... I'm not saying that I favor price-gouging per se or prices that are as high or higher than GreedBay. When I consistently see Penny Auction prices and 99 Cent prices, my thought is "Why so dirt cheap --- if the seller thinks it has no value, then why should the customer think it's worth anything?"
    Bargain basement prices sound like a great idea in this economy on a site that has slow traffic, but I'm not so sure... REASONABLE & FAIR ASKING PRICES seem like a better idea to me... When you have Flea Market or Yard Sale Pricing you attract alot of Buyers with Wal-Mart MIndset... Asking prices across the board could come up a bit and still remain lower than the 'Bay or the River, and it would draw better Buyers...
    We still respectfully disagree regarding the Bid Column and Make Offer though...

Just some Food For Thought

Endless Finds

http://endless-finds-collectibles.ebid.net/

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Endless Finds
    The reason you see lots of low priced item on ebid is that, they are what sells the most here.
    Many people seem to "park" their lower priced stuff on here.
    People don't seem to list much good stuff and technology sellers either are bad sellers ot they get scammed by bad buyers.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    That is my understanding. After gathering statistics following the first introduction of the bid column it was found to be having a negative impact on the site. When they came to revamp the site they took the opportunity to ditch the bid column.

While the previous (ill fated) thread on this subject was ongoing, I monitored the Popular and Closing Auctions lists. Discounting the YDC auctions, the highest bid count I saw was 3 on one item, the odd few has 2 bids, the majority had just a single bid - and these were the 'high bid activity' auctions. There is simply not the bid activity on the site to give a bid column any purpose - indeed it could have (as I think admin found) a negative effect. What would a column of 1s achieve? Not, I believe, what those asking for it think it would. Maybe when/if eBid gets enough traffic that things do not sell on BuyNow or on a single bid it would have worth. When that time comes, I fully expect admin will be the first to realise it and introduce the bid column.
    Agree 110%.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Agree 110%.
    No. I'm sorry. I'm not having that. You cannot agree 110%.

The most you can agree is 100%. If it were possible to agree 110%, then you would have to be agreeing with what I said - plus an extra 10% that I never actually said.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBay has ‘’negative’’ impact for the many sellers’ and the site too in the past couple years but so what….!!!!...people still coming to buy and to sell…this day’s eBay has only 36% of total items sold with bids but even with bids is not so many anymore bids in one item a sample….I mean what is going to happened if eBay pull out bidding column and best offer options…?....believe me nothing good at all…but similar scenario can happened in the future only if eBay round up much more higher selling fees and many seller’s will not be able to list anymore many items with starting bid price low if start higher bid heheh more fees... but I think BID column will stay….I mean we don’t have high selling fees, and even on eBay right now some of people start low priced items with bid column doesn’t matter after high fees probably nothing will left to him for profit but people still list in that way…I don’t have many items which I can offer best offer option or starting bid but I put some and doesn’t matter for if I have bids or not I think ‘’bid column’’ is part of any auction site…I know many items without bid will show bad impact on this auction site but ‘’hide’’ that column will raise much more suspicion in here…and by the transferring feedback in my opinion is it suspicion too and not looking good at all after somebody has thousand feedback and buyer’s click on it and guess what….nothing…nothing too see for real….eBay is the only one auction site who not allow that stuff and many who come on eBay like seller for first time don’t have problem with that and start from 0 feedback….all around stuff on any auction site who try to go all around and not show what is going on will have much more negative impact…after many years we don’t have big advertising because cost too much money I don’t like to pay for that because no guarantee at all will I have more sales or not but I will pay upfront for that, so advertising I will try on my way, but for all other stuff which belongs on real auction site bring in here and that all stuff will not cost us like seller’s and again transferring feedback is not good at all in my opinion, if people on eBay not complaining much and start from 0 feedback I don’t see any problem why in here people not start from 0…new auction site….new day…new luck…..(many will say is very slow and will take years for that but make it ''faster'' for yourself is much better from showing thousand feedback from nowhere) AMEN….....

P.S. Dzambo ‘’still’’ loves you all…and I wish you good sales to all….and for make sales in here ‘’fight’’ for that like I say many times for $49.49 all is up to seller…....

Forum Newbie
    View EndlessFinds's Feedback (+858)
    All-About EndlessFinds
    View EndlessFinds's Listings
    Forum Posts

@DZAMBO

We definitely agree about the BID COLUMN and MAKE OFFER features being added --- for sellers of old coins, collectibles, and rarer items, the Auction-Style Format is key --- and if you happen to be a Seller who just wants to do BIN all day long, how would a BID COLUMN it negatively affect your sales? As another forum member once put it, "It is called E-BID, isn't it?"
    We're not Programmers but we think these 2 Auction Site features would be fairly easy to implement without a lot of expense or disruption?
    Not sure if we're understanding you're take on the Imported Feedback? Our FB didn't come from "out of nowhere"... We, like many good Sellers on here, busted our butts for several years to earn that perfect rating, and we achieved it with our great service and attention to detail... Plus, we're very transparent on our All About Me Page so any prospective buyer can look and see where our 100% perfect rating comes from... Just because it's imported doesn't mean it's not real...

Regards,

Endless Finds

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Best offer, make an offer, have a haggle what ever you call it - DOES from my experience bring buyers flocking to your listings. Ebid need to have this option.

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessFinds View Post
    @DZAMBO

We definitely agree about the BID COLUMN and MAKE OFFER features being added --- for sellers of old coins, collectibles, and rarer items, the Auction-Style Format is key --- and if you happen to be a Seller who just wants to do BIN all day long, how would a BID COLUMN it negatively affect your sales? As another forum member once put it, "It is called E-BID, isn't it?"
    We're not Programmers but we think these 2 Auction Site features would be fairly easy to implement without a lot of expense or disruption?
    Not sure if we're understanding you're take on the Imported Feedback? Our FB didn't come from "out of nowhere"... We, like many good Sellers on here, busted our butts for several years to earn that perfect rating, and we achieved it with our great service and attention to detail... Plus, we're very transparent on our All About Me Page so any prospective buyer can look and see where our 100% perfect rating comes from... Just because it's imported doesn't mean it's not real...

Regards,

Endless Finds

As has been stated earlier in this thread - page after page of items with no bids could (and would in my opinion) have an adverse affect on the site as a whole - not just for those with bin listings.
    The site would just look dead.
    I believe that could well be the reason that ebid got rid of it last time.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…I just say my opinion for column bids is better to show instead to hide and as I say what if eBay hide bid column starting right now? , I think will make much more damage (doesn't matter eBay has now low selling numbers from the bids,bid collumn will stay)…and for transferring feedback in the last couple years many new members like seller come in here first one seller’s who not transfer feedback and second seller’s who transfer feedback after all this time anybody can see what buyer’s think of that and not for all this two categories but for most of I think is going to see clearly seller’s who not transfer feedback make much more sales in that exactly same time from seller’s who transfer feedback and many sellers with high transferring feedback still round up only couple or none at all feedback from here, and that’s show clearly what buyers think of that and in my opinion too with high transferring feedback sellers hopping will have much more sales or more trust from the buyers but buyers don’t trust much on that…and I think some of seller’s from other all auction sites have high feedback or good numbers and finally after all try to sell on eBay too but guess what after start selling on eBay with 0 feedback no transfer at all and still not complaining for that, and by the way I say see and I am not sure a 100% if person can or not from Repatoo transfer only buying feedback I mean many buyers exist in the Net who only buying stuff and never sell any on all other auction sites DON’T transfer any feedback from previous buying just to earn trust in that same way like buyers I mean is much better if like this person has thousand feedback and bid on your item seller’s will feel more secure…but after all as I can see in here many new buyers start with 0 feedback…In the end as I say before only eBay from all other auction sites don’t allow this stuff…hiding or not showing all stuff will damage much more any auction site and after many, many years in all other 16 auction sites buyers show exactly what mean of that way of business…buyers like to see ‘’clear’’ information’s doesn’t matter if is numbers good or not…buyer’s don’t like after come on particular site to go around and trying to find out information for the seller’s or too see where is the bids or this or that…all this stuff must exist in front of him and very easy to find…remembers guys many buyers buying from eBay in the last decade and that ‘’eBay mind of buying’’ no auction site will change ever, if the seller’s must change personal way of selling in here from previous eBay selling…well…the buyers DON’T…..AMEN……

P.S. I like eBid, for me right now is good site for selling but get serious guys if we don’t have big advertising we must have all other stuff from which many buyers buying in the last decade or the past couple years…

Thread Information