Thread: Things eBid needs ASAP!!!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Things eBid needs ASAP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Perhaps people should always keep their comments respectful and useful and avoid conflict with other members and ebid.
    Of course. But do remember that some people simply don't take disagreement well, and even perfectly calm differences of opinion can make them react aggressively since they take it personally. In a perfect world this would never happen. I think we've got more chance of getting a bids column than we have of getting a forum completely free of arguments.

But I do wish ebid would stop removing whole threads, it just puts people off posting, and busy forums are the sign of a busy site!
    I'm perfectly happy for them to remove threads that become unpleasant. The one in particular had a single poster attacking all who disagreed with him, and removing only those posts would have been tricky and time-consuming. It's a bit disappointing that those who happened to be on the same side of the discussion (pro bids column) didn't object to his offensiveness until after the thread was removed. Perhaps if the people on that side of the discussion had tried calming him down at once the thread would still be there.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Of course. But do remember that some people simply don't take disagreement well, and even perfectly calm differences of opinion can make them react aggressively since they take it personally. In a perfect world this would never happen. I think we've got more chance of getting a bids column than we have of getting a forum completely free of arguments.

I'm perfectly happy for them to remove threads that become unpleasant. The one in particular had a single poster attacking all who disagreed with him, and removing only those posts would have been tricky and time-consuming. It's a bit disappointing that those who happened to be on the same side of the discussion (pro bids column) didn't object to his offensiveness until after the thread was removed. Perhaps if the people on that side of the discussion had tried calming him down at once the thread would still be there.
    Great opinion.

Absolutely have to agree.
    I have read all comments and all I can say is Hear, hear - Well said .
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Afraid I'm not very impressed with the YouTube video by the author of this thread. I think it is detrimental to the site & reflects poorly on its author. It is one thing to exercise ones freedom of speech, but one should always temper what they say with reason. While there are undoubtedly things that we all wish to see done to improve the site, airing one's families dirty linen in public has never been prudent.

There are always going to be disputes among members about what features are desirable and should be added to the site and the relative importance of each. While debating these differences of opinion here on the sites forums is fine, I don't think airing them in a video on YouTube is a productive way to go about it.

Frankly, I don't agree with some of the ideas brought out in the video. I personally don't think eBid needs a "Best Offer" option. If anything, I would like to see a separate listing classification like "Negotiated Sales" or "Make Me An Offer" or "Haggler's Bazaar" where the seller just lists the asking price and people can haggle until they reach an agreement. Of course, in this section all listings would be open to negotiation. I think something like that might draw a following especially among those whose cultural background includes that selling style. However, I would oppose it on regular fixed price store listings and auction listings.

Of course, there are probably those that disagree with me and that's okay. But if we need to debate things, let us do it here and not on YouTube, Facebook or Twitter in view of non-members that probably don't know or care about what we're discussing and only get out of the conversation that eBid has problems that need fixing. If you were unfamiliar with eBid and came across such a debate about the site, would you be inclined to join it?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    I personally don't think eBid needs a "Best Offer" option.?
    I thought it already had it. It is called an auction.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I thought it already had it. It is called an auction.
    Slight difference in my opinion. An auction sends a sellers profit up, a best offer button brings a seller's profit down !

I'm not fussed about a best offer feature either Jabek as I think my items are already reasonably priced to reflect the market. What I want is a bid column -

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    What I want is a bid column -
    Just for you.............

Oops - thought you said BIG column.

I shoulda went to Specksavers.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Just for you.............

..ain't he sweet? or something!
    --Linda--