eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dodgy or Not, What would you do??

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Dodgy or Not, What would you do??

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I hadnt seen this issue brought up before.

So this actually could be common ?

Tsk tsk.
    Comes through on the forums as "Why am I being asked for verification documents now" or "I have been selling on here for months and my account has been suspended due to verification process" or similar statements.

It's not right to be able to list items then all of a sudden an account is put on hold to await verification. Verification needs to be done prior to being allowed to list. Why take the chance on getting buyers ticked off when they waste their time bidding or buying then find out they may not be able to follow through with the purchase. This may even effect sellers who have been verified but may have a slightly higher price. Their item could have been sold, paid and shipped while waiting for the other to be verified and quite possibly shut down. The buyer then looks for the slightly higher priced itwem only to find it has been sold (probably to the loser of the other listing). Just not right.
    Verify first then allow to sell period. Once verified we can all relax knowing sellers are real and items we are looking at can be purchased, paid for and expect to be shipped within a reasonable amount of time.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    This seller has been here for 6 years!
    And his items were listed without the additional verification.
    Sounds like the listing pre-dates the improvements to security, and the seller has long since departed these shores, not bothering to shut the door on the way out.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Sounds like the listing pre-dates the improvements to security, and the seller has long since departed these shores, not bothering to shut the door on the way out.
    Didn't security change to eliminate sellers whom haven't visited their own listings in a certain amount of time? I know it was discussed in the forums and I thought I saw an "update" to this effect.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Didn't security change to eliminate sellers whom haven't visited their own listings in a certain amount of time? I know it was discussed in the forums and I thought I saw an "update" to this effect.
    Different issue. You're thinking of the "not logged on / answered Qs all year" (or whatever the period was). We're talking about the security in place when folks make *new* listings of high-end items.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Different issue. You're thinking of the "not logged on / answered Qs all year" (or whatever the period was). We're talking about the security in place when folks make *new* listings of high-end items.
    I was just thinking if the seller long since departed these shores the issue would have been not logging in and his listings should have been removed but then again we don't know the timeline he may have departed.
    Appears strange the verification process began after the sale was made and not when it is first listed. The OP did state it was not a buy it now listing so bid(s) were placed then sold then verification began. Strange!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dodgy or not, what would I do?? First, I wouldn't judge all sellers by the actions or non=actions of one. The worst messing around I ever got online was at Ebay......total nutter. Ebid is only the venue....like Ebay is the venue. The sellers may well be on both..........or many sites. Hope it works out. Second, I wouldn't bid if, as someone else said, they weren't confident in the seller......or if the deal seemed too good to be true..........but sometimes you do stumble on a legit deal. I just sold two £80+ elec items that i had mistakenly priced as something like £8 each. oops to me. lucky deal for buyer. So it does happen........
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thread Information