Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: I want to see the bids.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I want to see the bids.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenroom247 View Post
    There are few real "auction" sites left. With that being said...

I would love to see the bids being shown in a column of their own. As a long time shopper/short time seller on the net, I've often used the number of bids on an item as a "search" tool to seek out what was selling, what was not, the average prices of those items selling and what to do and not to do to bring in more sales.
    As far as having to list buy it nows just to be seen on google shopping, as of May 3rd, 2011, Google began requiring GTIN's in order for an item to even appear in the google search results (which has opened up a whole new "can of worms" for many sellers). So even if you list as buy it nows, without the GTINs, google will no longer be showing the items anyway, right?

It’s a common known fact that where there is a "crowd", people gather. Even if they don't know what is at the center of that crowd they will push through it just to see what is so interesting to everyone.

Seems to me a bid column would definitely attract more bees to the honey.
    Is that G as in Tax ID #; if that's the case individual sellers may as well go all auctions. I prefer auctions over bin anyway.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenroom247 View Post
    There are few real "auction" sites left. With that being said...

I would love to see the bids being shown in a column of their own. As a long time shopper/short time seller on the net, I've often used the number of bids on an item as a "search" tool to seek out what was selling, what was not, the average prices of those items selling and what to do and not to do to bring in more sales.
    As far as having to list buy it nows just to be seen on google shopping, as of May 3rd, 2011, Google began requiring GTIN's in order for an item to even appear in the google search results (which has opened up a whole new "can of worms" for many sellers). So even if you list as buy it nows, without the GTINs, google will no longer be showing the items anyway, right?

It’s a common known fact that where there is a "crowd", people gather. Even if they don't know what is at the center of that crowd they will push through it just to see what is so interesting to everyone.

Seems to me a bid column would definitely attract more bees to the honey.
    What's a GTIN please?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I saw another thread that mentioned Google is now requiring UPC's (unique product codes). I can live with that as most of my items don't have that. But I still prefer auctions anyway, and particularly bidding wars. Those wars usually end up in the buyer's best interest over a strait bin sale.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

With 4,741,344 Live Auctions as of Today.... we Need a Bid Column. Remember things go down twice as fast as they went up.
    After 6 Months from now.. with no bid column.. watch out, sad as of today.

When I was reading some of the imformation I gor the idea that sites that did not use UPC were not going to be loaded to Google except for the items like used clothing or those items that do not have UPC numbers.

My question is what happens to the thousands of items that are sitting on eBid that are never attended to? Does that hurt all of us with our listing?

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    What's a GTIN please?
    Unique Product Identifiers

Note: As of May 3rd, 2011, unique product identifiers are required for all products, except those products in the apparel category and custom made goods. We encourage you to provide unique product identifiers whenever possible. Please consult the information in this article for information about the requirement.
    Unique product identifiers are product codes or other values associated with an individual product.

The primary set of unique product identifiers are Global Trade Item Numbers (GTINs), which include UPC, EAN (in Europe), JAN (in Japan), and ISBN. In addition, a Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) can be used to identify a specific product in the 'mpn' attribute if it is accompanied by the manufacturer's brand name in the 'brand' attribute. These values are very important for matching users' queries to your products. It is required to provide identifiers for all products, except for those under the apparel category and custom made goods.

MORE INFO:
    http://www.google.com/support/mercha...?answer=160161

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

@ thegreenroom

Thank you.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by May 10, 2011
    FBNeNotes;1334782
    With 4,741,344 Live Auctions as of Today.... we Need a Bid Column. Remember things go down twice as fast as they went up.
    After 6 Months from now.. with no bid column.. watch out, sad as of today.
    I have been asking for over the Last 3 Months... does anyone hear this or read this??
    No BID Column... means eBid stands still. We need Action on this site.
    Install a Bid Column and after 3 Months.. as word spreads about it, many more Sellers and Buyers will take a Look here.

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    I have been asking for over the Last 3 Months... does anyone hear this or read this??
    No BID Column... means eBid stands still. We need Action on this site.
    Install a Bid Column and after 3 Months.. as word spreads about it, many more Sellers and Buyers will take a Look here.
    For some reason ebid admin resists this. It will never truly be an auction site until they do this, but it's their site and for some unknown reason they don't think it's a good idea.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Our auction site here in New Zealand called Trademe has no competition.
    It shows views, watchers and bids.
    And we only have 4 million people in New Zealand.

I think it would be good to show watchers and bids.

But it could put some sellers off ebid. if they got no bids, they would blame ebid and may leave.

Thread Information