eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: I want to see the bids.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I want to see the bids.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I stopped doing plain auctions a long time ago Julie due to the very fact that there was no bid column ! I always put a buy it now price on these days alongside the bid price. This is good in the fact that it gets the item onto Google Products but bad in the fact that it limits the items potential price. In the past quite often elsewhere I used to be pleasantly suprised when an item reached far more then I had expected with bidding wars.
    It not only limits potential price, but limits the number - and, more importantly - the calibre of item I put on here.
    It doesn't make sense to list something that you know will attract lots of bidders on eBay. Yes, you could put it on a BIN for what you think it could make on the other side, but the higher price is off-putting.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I agree it would be good to show the number of bidders.

But here is a question for you pro-auctioneers !

If showing the number of bids motivates people to bid.
    Would showing the number of bids and there were none or one, motivate people not to bid ?
    Would you stop listing auctions if you got no bids ?
    Yikes..... No and No..... This is Not a Store it is supposed to be a Public Online Auction Site with Buy Now option.
    I am eliminating all Buy Now from my offerings as of Now. It will take time but no more Buy Now from me... I do Not need sales that badly.

Yep, I am going back to the way it was

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I stopped doing plain auctions a long time ago Julie due to the very fact that there was no bid column ! I always put a buy it now price on these days alongside the bid price. This is good in the fact that it gets the item onto Google Products but bad in the fact that it limits the items potential price. In the past quite often elsewhere I used to be pleasantly suprised when an item reached far more then I had expected with bidding wars.
    I do the same thing. I've always wondered why on ebid I must put a BIN to get item onto Google Products but did not have to do this on the 'bay'.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Florida
    I think it is Google's policy that to appear in Google Product Search listings must be avaialable on BIN.
    Maybe if you saw them on ebay is was Google organic ?

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    @Florida
    I think it is Google's policy that to appear in Google Product Search listings must be avaialable on BIN.
    Maybe if you saw them on ebay is was Google organic ?
    Could be Julie. I've never understood the in and outs of Google searches.

Forum Newbie
    Gibraltar, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    View music4many's Feedback (+3178)
    All-About music4many
    View music4many's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to agree that showing the actual bids would be a great idea and would add a certain excitement which just isnt there with BIN. Although I know at present we would not experience the bidding wars that Ebay has who knows what can happen in the future. Ebid is growing day by day and I for one would welcome this.

Google Shopping do not allow items that are just auctions to be uploaded, the item MUST have a BuyNow price to be included. (yes I know the Belgian site is working a flanker at the moment).

Last time eBid showed bids it harmed the site, & admin had the figures to prove it that is why they removed it.
    They certainly wouldn't have if had been beneficial to the site.

To be honest I've never understood the wanting to bid because someone else has,
    it's not something I've ever done.

I'm not saying people don't do this, just I don't understand it.

I put in a bid, as high as I will go, & that is that, if I'm outbid, I'll bid on another if there is one. Mostly I go for BuyNow, because I can't be bothered to wait for an auction to end.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 9th May 2011 at 04:23 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post

Last time eBid showed bids it harmed the site, & admin had the figures to prove it that is why they removed it.
    They certainly wouldn't have if had been beneficial to the site.

Well... Just let me say this.... eBid was NOT an auction site at that time(in reality) and the Total Listings were under 1 Million... I do believe.
    Tis a BIG difference now.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Well... Just let me say this.... eBid was NOT an auction site at that time(in reality) and the Total Listings were under 1 Million... I do believe.
    Tis a BIG difference now.
    Things have changed a great deal on eBid. Listings have increased 4 fold and I notice alot of bidding in my venue of interest. And yes, I want to see the bids!

There are few real "auction" sites left. With that being said...

I would love to see the bids being shown in a column of their own. As a long time shopper/short time seller on the net, I've often used the number of bids on an item as a "search" tool to seek out what was selling, what was not, the average prices of those items selling and what to do and not to do to bring in more sales.
    As far as having to list buy it nows just to be seen on google shopping, as of May 3rd, 2011, Google began requiring GTIN's in order for an item to even appear in the google search results (which has opened up a whole new "can of worms" for many sellers). So even if you list as buy it nows, without the GTINs, google will no longer be showing the items anyway, right?

It’s a common known fact that where there is a "crowd", people gather. Even if they don't know what is at the center of that crowd they will push through it just to see what is so interesting to everyone.

Seems to me a bid column would definitely attract more bees to the honey.

the Green Room 24/7
    See my auctions here:
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user

Thread Information