eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What is going on with the forums now ?!

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    That’s right…but I think all this new stuff from Google…or Fire fox…or IE8….or this or that …maybe cause problem with eBid stuff…so in same way I can say similar to yours this all ''new stuff'' needs to be compatible with any auction site and for Internet any stuff…heh…is just my personal opinion…
    ''Jewel'' don’t answer for that….you knows already how Virgo ''operate''…heheh…

P.S. Cable service…well I don’t know for UK but I think cable TV services are covered for most of part of UK…
    I have cable TV service so I order Internet from same TV cable service and one original cable goes from the wall to splitter and that mean other one cable goes on the back on my TV and other second one cable goes on the back of my Computer….and that’s it…no phone…no other wires…and cost same as much like Broadband but much much much faster….
    It was the forum security upgrade that caused the first problem where people's screens were oversized Dzambo and whatever they did to fix that today has caused my problem this evening. I was fine on windows7 IE8 earlier in the day.

I'm afraid you are wrong about cable TV in the UK, not many areas outside of London have it. Nobody has cable TV here in the city of Bath as far as I know.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lets see what happens when I try to post a pic.

Seems to be working for me.

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'll try a pic too............

Yep - Seems all OK...
    (Windows XP home, Firefox 3.6.15)

And Linda, I also get the 'coding' showing up when changing the text colour. It happens for me in both the 'Post Quick Reply' box as well as in the 'Go Advanced' section. But I thought this was normal? Cos when you click 'Preview Post' (in the Advanced section) - the code doesn't show in the top 'preview' box. And it all looks good there.....
    I only get the [ /COLOR ][ /B ] type of codes when working or editing (Quick or Advanced)....
    And this is universal (for me) across all the threads.
    Last edited by emporiumdays; 11th March 2011 at 05:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Well it's good that some can post photos but I'm afraid I can't copy and paste without going back into edit. Jan confirmed that there was something missing
    And yes, the regular image input thingy appears only when you edit your posting.
    and I would like it fixed please. Also I used to be able to type in colour without seeing this coding and I would like that back too ! Whatever was done yesterday to IE8 windows 7 I would like it corrected please Gazza as it's making it hard to use the forums.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 11th March 2011 at 11:10 AM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emporiumdays View Post
    Yep - Seems all OK...
    (Windows XP home, Firefox 3.6.15)
    I use the same setup and can no longer insert images. It just inserts a link as in the line below.

Name:  aa.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  64.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I use the same setup and can no longer insert images. It just inserts a link as in the line below.

Name:  aa.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  64.7 KB
    Thank you Mel, at least I know I'm not going totally mad - well madder than usual !

Forum Diehard
    All-About emporiumdays
    Forum Posts

Well I might not be understanding things correctly here........ but....... you say.......
    .....but I'm afraid I can't copy and paste......
    (I understand you mean in the 'Quick Reply' window) ..... welll, sure if I COPY and PASTE then the resulting 'CODE' will also end up being posted as just 'CODE' (no picture).

But............

If I use the 'insert image' tab (3rd to last icon at the top of the Quick Reply window), and PASTE the URL address of a picture (say a picture that's archived in 'Photo Bucket' for example), then everything works fine. I still see 'Code' BUT when posted then all is good..... So I'll try that now to check......

Did it work?

Forum Diehard
    All-About emporiumdays
    Forum Posts

OK..... So what I just posted above, was done without using the 'Go Advanced' editor at all....

But, I didn't just Copy & Paste a picture. I used 'Insert Picture' and pasted the pics http pathway / address there.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    If I add an image via the paperclip symbol I usually use I am getting the same - just a link. I am on Firefox.
    I am on Firefox and I am getting the same, I can't copy or paste or insert my images the way I used to, it's frustrating, I've had this since yesterday.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Thread Information