eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a co-ordinated Facebook event?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    No just playing the numbers game. eBid has 900,000 members lets say only 10% jump on board.
    Through Facebook friends and friends if friends I come up with about 500 contacts each member.
    500 contacts x 90,000 members = 450 million. I don't beleive this to be unrealistic at all however what I do see is a lack of cooperation.
    It's a shame but it would work. In regards to being in for something of a fall unfortunately I fell when I expected more in sales on eBid only
    to find out eBid doesn't have large exposure yet...not rolling eyes but frowning.
    I think every one of your assumptions and guessed at numbers is unrealistic, sorry.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    At the moment it is only regular forum readers that will see this thread.
    Without Ebid's help in this matter - I doubt whether much more than 0.01% of members will be involved (even that is a high figure)
    I put in a request to support to help spread the word hopefully they will help. As it stands now we have only 22 on board with this...sad.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I think every one of your assumptions and guessed at numbers is unrealistic, sorry.
    Why would they be unrealistic? You honestly don't beleive 10% od eBid members will want to grow their business?
    Do you beleive 10% of eBid members are afraid of success? Exactly what is it that keeps scaring folks here from growth?
    I beleive the numbers I used are quite realistic as well as obtainable. A few positive comments would certainly help matters.
    If we are forced to promote on our own let's make this happen it is not far fetched.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why would they be unrealistic? You honestly don't beleive 10% od eBid members will want to grow their business?
    Do you beleive 10% of eBid members are afraid of success? Exactly what is it that keeps scaring folks here from growth?
    I beleive the numbers I used are quite realistic as well as obtainable. A few positive comments would certainly help matters.
    If we are forced to promote on our own let's make this happen it is not far fetched.

I don't think being insulting is going to help. Sorry, but this is one of the reasons your previous idea crashed and burned. It's all or nothing with you, I suspect? A bit bi-polar in approach? Not everybody reads the forums, not all members are active sellers, there's no promise that eBid will pick it up (and if we sulk they definitely won't). A realistic up-beat approach to producing something useful and productive on a manageable scale as a first effort isn't a bad thing. Walk first, run later.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think being insulting is going to help. Sorry, but this is one of the reasons your previous idea crashed and burned. It's all or nothing with you, I suspect? A bit bi-polar in approach? Not everybody reads the forums, not all members are active sellers, there's no promise that eBid will pick it up (and if we sulk they definitely won't). A realistic up-beat approach to producing something useful and productive on a manageable scale as a first effort isn't a bad thing. Walk first, run later.
    I fail to see any insulting comments I have written. My previous idea crashed due to ME deleting the thread. The idea was going in directions I could not fathom. As it stands now we have 22 supporters in this idea and that is hardly worth any effort at all. My previous idea crashed and burned, a bit bi-polar all or nothing? Now there are some insults, thank you very much. As posted earlier I have opened a support ticket asking for help spreading the word. We have been posting to this thread for sometime now and I beleive it's time to get the word out to all members. This idea has a long way to go before we start running.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I fail to see any insulting comments I have written. My previous idea crashed due to ME deleting the thread. The idea was going in directions I could not fathom. As it stands now we have 22 supporters in this idea and that is hardly worth any effort at all. My previous idea crashed and burned, a bit bi-polar all or nothing? Now there are some insults, thank you very much. As posted earlier I have opened a support ticket asking for help spreading the word. We have been posting to this thread for sometime now and I beleive it's time to get the word out to all members. This idea has a long way to go before we start running.
    If you can't see your own attitude is insulting, and don't understand why I have a big problem with your approach, I think we probably just don't "gel" and can't work together. I started this thread at your request, and am happy to leave you to the running of it. I really do wish you the best of luck with the campaign, and if you get it all pulled together and come up with a coordinated event with a good chance of achieving something, I'll be happy to take part. It's a great concept and I wish it well. Cheers, and good luck.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you can't see your own attitude is insulting, and don't understand why I have a big problem with your approach, I think we probably just don't "gel" and can't work together. I started this thread at your request, and am happy to leave you to the running of it. I really do wish you the best of luck with the campaign, and if you get it all pulled together and come up with a coordinated event with a good chance of achieving something, I'll be happy to take part. It's a great concept and I wish it well. Cheers, and good luck.
    Thank you for your help thusfar. Sorry my approach is straight and to the point and find it time consuming sifting through nonsense. If my attitude upsets you I apologize but I refuse to sugar coat anything just to appease folks. I am here to sell items and sell them quickly for a profit. Nothing more nothing less. If you feel you need to bow out due to the inability to deal with someone who doesn't agree with you 100% of the way that is your choice and I wish you well.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you for your help thusfar. Sorry my approach is straight and to the point and find it time consuming sifting through nonsense. If my attitude upsets you I apologize but I refuse to sugar coat anything just to appease folks. I am here to sell items and sell them quickly for a profit. Nothing more nothing less. If you feel you need to bow out due to the inability to deal with someone who doesn't agree with you 100% of the way that is your choice and I wish you well.
    It has nothing to do with agreeing or not agreeing. I have many friends and colleagues on here with whom I disagree on a daily basis. I think our approaches just don't mesh, and you'll get on quicker and happier without me. I can't work your way, you can't work mine - not a big deal, just not worth banging heads.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

It has nothing to do with agreeing or not agreeing. I have many friends and colleagues on here with whom I disagree on a daily basis. I think our approaches just don't mesh, and you'll get on quicker and happier without me. I can't work your way, you can't work mine - not a big deal, just not worth banging heads.
    As you wish

Thread Information