Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Some thoughts by a new member

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    I leave feedback when I have been paid and my feedback is from ebid and no-where else

And sorry my claim to have 6,300 + auctions is slightly out because I SOLD 98 yesterday
    Thank you, new sellers need to hear that. You beat me, I only had 17 yesterday!! Shucks. Too bad there are no buyers here, eh?

You work hard for those sales, and you basically do what all the suggestions in the forums say. Lots of listings, etc. You are proof positive that the tips work.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

My point really is new buyers need encouragement. "
    looks like your original point got lost in this thread OP ! firstly welcome to ebid i wish you every sucsess here.

your right of course new buyers need encouragement and no less so if there going to be sellers too, and ebid encourage us all to leave FB for are transactions some buyers dont leave FB in my experience i think this is down to the fact they joined just to buy a item well ok thats there choice, myself more often than not i leave it for them, hopefully this will improve as we get more buyer/sellers joining.

if a buyer can see you have been left positive FB for a transaction that can only encourage the prospective buyer, the same also goes for a negative i for one like to read FB before i buy.unfair/derogatary FB can be removed by ebid if they agree this not only works for a seller it works for a buyer also.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Newbie
    View shallowpool's Feedback (+825)
    All-About shallowpool
    View shallowpool's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    My point really is new buyers need encouragement. "
    looks like your original point got lost in this thread OP ! firstly welcome to ebid i wish you every sucsess here.

your right of course new buyers need encouragement and no less so if there going to be sellers too, and ebid encourage us all to leave FB for are transactions some buyers dont leave FB in my experience i think this is down to the fact they joined just to buy a item well ok thats there choice, myself more often than not i leave it for them, hopefully this will improve as we get more buyer/sellers joining.

if a buyer can see you have been left positive FB for a transaction that can only encourage the prospective buyer, the same also goes for a negative i for one like to read FB before i buy.unfair/derogatary FB can be removed by ebid if they agree this not only works for a seller it works for a buyer also.
    Thank you so much for your friendly welcome, taken off the tin hat.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

"Thank you so much for your friendly welcome, taken off the tin hat."

your welcome
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Newbie
    View shallowpool's Feedback (+825)
    All-About shallowpool
    View shallowpool's Listings
    Forum Posts

Another question, Why are posts removed with no explaination?

For instance (don't attack quote not possible post removed)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    Read the whole thread ... get the impression that no one can anything right but you .....

My response
    Don't understand that comment, can you explain.
    I started the thread with my experience of eBid, I'm sure there's many people who do things right.
    So are you saying that no one can debate or disagree or respond to the regular posters without causing a problem to the thread.

That post has gone, mmm why!

The other comes from PATRIOT73
    "1 flawe in that..........no buyers
    plenty o sellers "

gone but still quoted in my post

If it's removed don't quote in posts especially not mine

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see the nightshift had a lively time of it.

Yes, new ebidders (buyers *or* sellers) need encouragement - so welcome to ebid and I hope it works well for you.

Feedback importation has always been a hot-topic here. I've never really understood why people get so het up about feedback. Unless you get an undeserved neg it doesn't seem so very important. I'm not like Mags, I don't hate it - I like getting feedback and some of the stuff I've received has made me grin like a Cheshire cat at times. People can be very inventive and often amusing. But I do agree with him that I'm not here to buy and sell feedback, so it's a bonus on top, not the essential part of the deal.

As for threads or posts going - another contentious issue, but just consider that this is a commercial website with a forum on the side, and anything that the owners feel could be harmful to the site's reputation will go. They don't have to (and won't) say why, and they'll do it in the fastest and easiest way for them, because they've got more important things to worry about.

If a post goes, or stays, that's just how it is - don't take it personally.

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    What you talkin' about?! Of course there's buyers have a look at my feedback !
    Maybe not as many as the other side yet, as the site is smaller, but it is improving.

I always leave feedback as soon as my customers pay. I think it's good manners when people have taken the trouble to come and shop in your store !
    see the stiky smiley then.........obivously not

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PATRIOT73
    1 flawe in that..........no buyers
    plenty o sellers
    jeeze sum r qik to jump
    Last edited by PATRIOT73; 28th February 2010 at 12:07 PM.
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT73 View Post
    see the stiky smiley then.........obivously not

jeeze sum r qik to jump
    Not at all my little cocoa bean I'm used to your Yorkie humour ! Newbies however might have read it the wrong way so just pointing out that I do get sales. Maybe not as many as I would like but I hope it carries on improving !

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

well well well , we all know that feedback is a thorny issue on this site , but i feel it is WRONG TO TELL A NEW MEMBER TO BUY ITEMS TO START THEIR FEEDBACK..this seems like blackmail...and |I know a lot of you will disagree..it was said that past feedback only showed how you did on your last site....yes , very true...but think about it as a CV ... if you went for a new job , would you leave a good CV behind ?...no you would not...
    but this will go on for a long time with arguments for and against...so good luck to everyone , what ever you think is right.......papa.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    well well well , we all know that feedback is a thorny issue on this site , but i feel it is WRONG TO TELL A NEW MEMBER TO BUY ITEMS TO START THEIR FEEDBACK..this seems like blackmail...and |I know a lot of you will disagree..it was said that past feedback only showed how you did on your last site....yes , very true...but think about it as a CV ... if you went for a new job , would you leave a good CV behind ?...no you would not...
    but this will go on for a long time with arguments for and against...so good luck to everyone , what ever you think is right.......papa.
    Of course it's not blackmail, that's a really offensive suggestion. It's a valid way of kick-starting one's feedback - but it's merely an idea put forward and the recipient of the advice is completely free to choose. There's no pressure, no "if else". How can that possibly be blackmail? A lot of people use that technique. I did when I started selling here - not just to get some feedback but also to learn exactly how the site works. I think you can give a better service as a seller if you understand exactly what experience the buyer is getting. Is suggesting that blackmail too?

Thread Information