eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sony...Made in China????

Parkgate Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View MHTTrading's Feedback (+3556)
    All-About MHTTrading
    View MHTTrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

I went on a buying trip to China and Taiwan last year, some of the factories produce really high quality goods while many others produce the usual rubbish we associate with China. So its a bit unfair to generalise about Chinese goods and I am sure that Sony will have established the good from the bad.

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by act View Post
    I went on a buying trip to China and Taiwan last year, some of the factories produce really high quality goods while many others produce the usual rubbish we associate with China. So its a bit unfair to generalise about Chinese goods and I am sure that Sony will have established the good from the bad.
    nosy here..what did you go to buy..such a long way

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Think what ever you buy its always gonna have something (component) that comes from abroad

Dont see what the fuss is about, if it's made here or there, as long as it works and is of high standards, does it really matter

Parkgate Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View MHTTrading's Feedback (+3556)
    All-About MHTTrading
    View MHTTrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ejean9 View Post
    nosy here..what did you go to buy..such a long way
    It was mainly a shindig for British buyers organised by the Chinese business sector, there was quite a few of us and most of the costs were subsidised by the Chinese so in effect a cheap shopping trip with booze and accomodation.
    The difference in quality of certain items is unbeliveable as an example one company was making the units that fit around your ear like a bluetooth headset but it was designed to set off an alarm if your head nodded while driving so stopping you falling asleep at the wheel.
    The first company were producing really fantastic quality units similar to a top of the range bluetooth with nice rounded edges and a polished finish which you could wear for hours, I think the price was about 1.5 USD, over the road another company was making a similar product which had square sharp edges and looked like it had been cobbled together by a child, more than a few minutes of wear and your ear would have been red raw, we could have them for 1 USD each, NO THANKS.!

It was a very successful trip and I came back with a long list of excellent manufacturers, and a gippy tummy from the awful food

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Would this be the same Japan that has just had to recall more cars than you can shake a stick at because they wouldn't stop?

Sorry, but I too am amazed that people don't know where our products come from ... and presumably how it affects our economy and investments.

Like Act, I have a relation that goes over to China buying for her company and it's amazing just how much of our stuff comes from there ... most of it actually.
    Fact is, we can't produce the same stuff at a price that UK consumers are prepared to pay. Something has to give if you want to buy British and that would mean really putting your purse where your loyalties lie.

Thread Information