eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: missing auctions!!

you have a pm intresting

Quote Originally Posted by interestingtreasures View Post
    The problems is its not just a case of ignoring the rule, I can see why this rule is in place to stop sellers filling up a category with loads of the same thing, but there should really be some leeway
    For instance I have thousands of postcards to list when NL is sorted out and because they have been typed in over a period of time there are bound to be some with the same title, as in the previous example by Terry 5732.
    Before listing them on here I could put them in alphabetical order and sort out any duplicate titles and amend them to be slightly different.
    But when typing in new ones it would mean before typing each new one in checking all of the listings to make sure nothing was duplicated
    I know there is a programme that finds the duplicates on this site but it ought to be programmed to warn a seller first of all that they have duplicate listings up and to do something about it and then if they are still there after a while, delete them then
    Phil
    Sorry but you are having a go at the wrong people. You need to contact support about the rule/s if you don't like them. I and others have just advised as to what could happen. No one has said that they agree or disagree with the way things work. However I would like to see auctions go into the unsold area rather than deleted

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Sorry but you are having a go at the wrong people. You need to contact support about the rule/s if you don't like them. I and others have just advised as to what could happen. No one has said that they agree or disagree with the way things work. However I would like to see auctions go into the unsold area rather than deleted
    I am not having a go at anyone, except perhaps for the sellers who flood the categories with duplicate listings of exactly the same item, I am just saying there ought to be some leeway for honest mistakes and multiple slightly different items that do happen to have the same title
    I do agree though if all of the duplicated items were just put into unsold you would be able to see which listings were causing a problem and thrn you could rename and relist them
    Phil
    Last edited by interestingtreasures; 16th February 2010 at 06:16 PM.

System seems to eliminate the duplicates automatically as opposed to listings pulled because of a complaint. Duplicates disappear very fast, often within minutes. So yours were scanned and erased, with no time to relist no copy saved, sorry they are gone for good.

How to avoid? One letter/number different makes title unique. Add a SKU or start to number 1,2, etc. Yes it is hard, mine are vintage unique too, only so many ways to say vintage white doily.

Some do list lots of identical, which violates rules, but the title is unique so they get away with it. Those members have to be reported to support for the listings to be pulled.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

You need to alter the title in some way as to make them individual. Adding a SKU as Delta suggested is an easy way to do it. Just remember to never have two identical titles listed at the same time.

Forum Newbie
    Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View chrislight99's Feedback (+10340)
    All-About chrislight99
    View chrislight99's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just to be clear. the items shown earlier in the thread which had the same title were an error on my part. The items that have disappeared were of a huge variety and would not have had duplicate titles.
    Ironically the ones quoted earlier in the thread have been on for a couple of weeks without being pulled off!!

At the present time my hundreds of lots are not recovered and so a massive amount of work is looking likely. I have had a useful conversation with support but no happy outcome at the present time....
    My lots of: stamps, cards, and similar: http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...arch&type=user

Forum Lurker
    Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View the_iron_dwarf's Feedback (+171)
    All-About the_iron_dwarf
    View the_iron_dwarf's Listings
    Forum Posts

if you have more than a dozen listings it pays to keep a backup copy and it can be done so easily from the page(s) of the items you are selling
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user
    trying to get back up to 100+ listings ( I hope )

Quote Originally Posted by chrislight99 View Post
    Just to be clear. the items shown earlier in the thread which had the same title were an error on my part. The items that have disappeared were of a huge variety and would not have had duplicate titles.
    Ironically the ones quoted earlier in the thread have been on for a couple of weeks without being pulled off!!

At the present time my hundreds of lots are not recovered and so a massive amount of work is looking likely. I have had a useful conversation with support but no happy outcome at the present time....
    Do you find out what went wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by the_iron_dwarf View Post
    if you have more than a dozen listings it pays to keep a backup copy and it can be done so easily from the page(s) of the items you are selling
    In our case, the problem isn't recreating the listing. We can do that very easily. The problem is that we don't know which items have been deleted, and finding them would be an almost impossible task. The only way we know some have disappeared is that our inventory total count is greater than the total shown on eBid. Someday I'll check our higher-priced items, if those aren't the ones they're lost forever.

Forum Lurker
    Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View the_iron_dwarf's Feedback (+171)
    All-About the_iron_dwarf
    View the_iron_dwarf's Listings
    Forum Posts

doing a back up before and after should make it possible to compare the files ( no doubt someone here write a little routine to do that ) ands then you can copy and paste the bits you need from the csv.

it would make it a lot easier to see what may be the reason for the files to go if you knew what they were
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user
    trying to get back up to 100+ listings ( I hope )

Thread Information