eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: bulk edit playing up

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default bulk edit playing up

Created a new edit bucket. Selected everything (by leaving all fields blank) and was shown the "add all 609" auctions to this bucket" button. Pressed that. Went through to put in the changes.

Selected description replace X with Y (not literally!) and clicked to perform.

Was taken back to a screen saying I'd got an incomplete bucket. Clicked to "carry on". Have now been round that loop three times adding everything to the bucket, and it keeps telling me the bucket is empty. Tried forcing it through to make changes, but the bucket is empty.

It's not an urgent change, so I've left the "empty" bucket there for you to look at in case you can see anything odd going on.

On another note (perhaps related to doing bugfixes? ) - it seems bulk edit is not processing.. I set the following listings in my bucket, edited them (for international shipping, so I could export and copy/paste the international shipping string to NL until the shipping issue is resolved)

So far it's been well over an hour since I edited, bucket is still sitting there "waiting to process" evidently nothing has happened yet..

25124843 Used Spalding Top-Flite 6-Iron Golf Club Ladies PlusPro Waiting to process
    25124844 Used Spalding Top-Flite 8-Iron Golf Club Ladies PlusPro Waiting to process
    25124845 Used Spalding Top-Flite Plus Ladies Putting Wedge Waiting to process
    25124889 Used Wilson Advantage 4-Iron RH Golf Club Waiting to process
    25124890 Used Wilson Patty Berg Cup Defender 3 Dot RH Golf Club Waiting to process
    *edit*
    Same deal on a second bulk edit I've put in place.. guess it's just stalled.. Ah well once it gets running Im sure the rest will be fixed (trying to fix the shipping issues caused by NL not writing out the international shipping string as expected..)
    Last edited by Idealproductsales; 12th February 2010 at 07:50 PM.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

I have two buckets both with 60 odd items in to edit, I have edited them and it has said to wait for them to be accecpted.
    While it has been over 4 hours and they haven't showed up in my shop and are still waiting in my bucket.
    But when you type in the item in ebid they come up.
    Any help would be great.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've put a support ticket in for bulk edit generally, and pointed them towards this thread. Let you know if I hear anything.

looks like they finally went through and processed at 20:13 hours (I assume GMT) , at least for me.. so looks like bulk edited listings are all set now..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a reply from Mark on here that seemed to be in the wrong place, and an email that likewise was about the bulk upload, not edit - pointed that out and the reply here vanished. I'll have to dump the bucket I refer to at the top and have another go - maybe they sorted this at the same time, maybe they didn't. Only one way to find out!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bulk edit might have sprung into life and processed the stalled buckets, but my original complaint is still an issue.

Just selected by store and chose to add to bucket.

Selection showed one qualifying.

Pressed button to "add 1 to bucket".

Next screen showed zero in bucket.

Tried back button and add 1 again.

This time still showed zero in bucket but action report now shows -1 added.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information