Thread: YDC Rules - Open Discussion

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Borderdoors View Post
    Do you get my drift?
    I feel terribly guilty about making you type all that now. I got your drift perfectly the first time. I think you're not getting mine.

You've always been able to sell anything you want, at any price you like, do it however you wish, and put the money into the YDC pot and pimp along etc - the rules just say whether or not your items are included in the competition. For example, XXX doesn't have time to worry about stopping and starting things, so he lists YDC items all the time with no number associated, and his stuff isn't included in the competition. So you can *already* choose to start at 20 quid, and if the existing rules are enforced you just won't be included in the competition. Which, as I understand it, is what you wish to achieve.

So to reiterate... the rules are there, they just aren't enforced -- mostly out of good nature I think. Maybe they should be, good nature notwithstanding.
    Last edited by bykimbo; 29th January 2010 at 05:29 PM.

Froncysyllte Llangollen, Wrexham, United Kingdom
    View tjsprinting's Feedback (+433)
    All-About tjsprinting
    View tjsprinting's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I made much the same point about things being expected to go over the limit being excluded on page 1 post #8 - the rules are already there, they just aren't enforced.
    How can the rule be enforced in the respect of how much it is expected to raise? we have seen jelly babies, choklit and taiblet sell for a lot more than anyone would expect. We all try to be as generous as possible in these auctions, we all hope for a good total but cant expect it in reality.We cant put in a rule to say if your bar of chikky goes above £10, it wont count towards a winner of the YDC.

Made to measure internal and external softwood doors and gates.
    Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

How can the rule be enforced in the respect of how much it is expected to raise? we have seen jelly babies, choklit and taiblet sell for a lot more than anyone would expect. We all try to be as generous as possible in these auctions, we all hope for a good total but cant expect it in reality.We cant put in a rule to say if your bar of chikky goes above £10, it wont count towards a winner of the YDC.
    As I said right near the start... some items have become big ticket items, and it's unrealistic to claim that one only expects them to raise £10. If something's been resold every month for five times that, can one really claim one only expected it to make £10 this time? Stuff going over unexpectedly is not against the rules.

I'm only pointing out the reality, not making a judgement, by the way. If everybody says "so what?" that's fine by me. It just seems a way of solving what *might* (only might) be perceived as an issue.

I love when a silly item (not taiblet, taiblet is NOT silly) goes for a high price - it is as I said before much more fun than buying a raffle ticket - if someone is generous enough to donate a high price item they should not be 'penalised' for their generosity

- also while I am happy to pay I wouldn't want to have to organise the 'collection'
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

All-About tjsprinting
    Forum Posts

Taiblet
    its a silly spelling though!!!!

Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

All-About tjsprinting
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    As I said right near the start... some items have become big ticket items, and it's unrealistic to claim that one only expects them to raise £10. If something's been resold every month for five times that, can one really claim one only expected it to make £10 this time? Stuff going over unexpectedly is not against the rules.

I'm only pointing out the reality, not making a judgement, by the way. If everybody says "so what?" that's fine by me. It just seems a way of solving what *might* (only might) be perceived as an issue.
    Just been back to post no1, I see how big ticket items have been defined, as in they have been auctioned repeatedly over a number of YDC's.
    I am wondering though about any sellers who would like to donate an expected bigger priced item, is there not room for selling and raising money within the YDC auction but without being entered,so to speak, in the competition?

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just been back to post no1, I see how big ticket items have been defined, as in they have been auctioned repeatedly over a number of YDC's.
    I am wondering though about any sellers who would like to donate an expected bigger priced item, is there not room for selling and raising money within the YDC auction but without being entered,so to speak, in the competition?
    Isn't that what I said in post 141? Sorry, I fear I'm starting to annoy you and that really, really isn't what I want to do! I'm up to my eyeballs in other stuff, I should stop avoiding work and get on with it! I expect Babs will be along sometime to make everything make sense again.

All-About tjsprinting
    Forum Posts

No you never annoy me ( unless you take my tick!!) I get annoyed with myself for not being able to get the words out right, always prefered Maths and science to any language.
    Me too where work goes, I should have at least one computer where I cannot access this forum, it is too tempting just to have a look when I should be concentrating on this form for HMRC- AGHHHHHHHHH!! bloody taxes- drive you to the only other certainty in life- DEATH

All-About tjsprinting
    Forum Posts

141 must have come in while I was typing- SORRY

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Taxes. *shudder* Are you allowed to say words like that in here, it's a no-swearing zone!

Thread Information