eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Gazza ...major flaws in this 'feedback request' system...

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

All the above is in general and not directed specifically at you Kim - even though it was your post I was responding to.
    Good, because I agree and it's my own approach. Which is why I think I have a reasonable batting average in this area.

Parkgate Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View MHTTrading's Feedback (+3556)
    All-About MHTTrading
    View MHTTrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I said earlier I don't like the feedback reminder system either but I appreciate that some others do.
    The best suggestion made so far on here is that we have a default "Opt out" option so that the decision to send a feedback reminder is at the discretion of the seller.
    Its the only way to resolve this issue and keep everyone happy.

Its no good sniping at each other on here as in previous posts, that won't result in anything other than resentment, we are all sellers no matter how much we sell whether it be one item a year or 1000 a week. I'm sure we all want to treat our buyers in the manner that we would wish to be treated with good quality merchandise, fair prices, reasonable P&P, fast shipping, and of course no nagging. Its the only way that we, and e-bid are going to grow.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    something
    You've made a sale.

Please don't leave me feedback yet.
    Last edited by bykimbo; 8th August 2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: to unquote!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    You've made a sale.

Please don't leave me feedback yet.
    and I just deleated the post you quoted ....

so I could re write it
    Last edited by somersethedge; 8th August 2009 at 01:41 PM.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

and I just deleated the post you quoted ;eek:....

so I could re write it
    No worries, I'll edit mine for you.

There seems little point in continually badgering people when they are clearly reluctant.

and yet it is ok for ebid to badger our customers for feedback against our wishes...

and before anyone says one email is not badgering let me point out

I bought 3 items from a seller, now due to Pams illness I forgot (or more to the point hadn't got around to leaving feedback) so I get 3 emails, one after another, from ebid "requesting" feedback... one for each sale... one would presume if I had bought 10 items I would have got 10 identical emails... that would go beyond badgering to outright SPAMMING

there you go kimbo... the post you have quoted is back

and now you have altered your post

off to see what you have bought
    Last edited by somersethedge; 8th August 2009 at 01:43 PM.

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nope…sorry folks…changed my mind…a woman’s prerogative don’t ya know…

Ok….it has been suggested that we ‘let this one lie’…why?
    It is a simple request and it has a simple answer…make ‘feedback required’ an option. As stated in my opening letter, it would serve us all better if this was a service that you could ‘opt into’ instead of leaving it to chance that your buyer, be it a first time buyer or a regular, has ticked all the right boxes and is not going to be hassled (my opinion only ;-) into leaving good, bad or indifferent feedback.
    Other people have made the same suggestion so it seems a popular compromise.

As was also pointed out, if you have regular buyers who buy more than one item at a time and maybe delay paying for items till the end/beginning of the month, it is a little annoying, to say the least, to then have to apologise for the buyer receiving this ‘request’ before they have even received their items.
    It has been said that most people would not have a problem being asked for feedback via email but then there are cases recorded here where that is clearly not true. Personally, it is of little importance to me whether the other recipient minds or not…I do! I mind that my name is on those emails requesting feedback.
    May I respectfully request that if this is to stay…then can you at least not use my name on your auto emails…

Thanks again for your time.

Have a click...You know you want to...

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    Ok….it has been suggested that we ‘let this one lie’…why?
    For the reasons I stated. Note that I also added 'at least for the present'. So not advocating that you give up trying to get the change (as I disagree with the chasers also) but continued haranguing is not the way to do it.

eBid are well aware of feelings on this matter and have seen the arguments and suggestions put forward. They have given some ground from their initial implementation of the feedback chasers. They are clearly unwilling to give any further ground at this time for reasons known to them and not to us. Worrying at it like a dog at a bone is likely to be counter productive in my view.

Worrying at it like a dog at a bone is likely to be counter productive in my view.
    sorry astral but so is sending out "reminders" counter productive... doubley so as it is costing ebid customers and therefore fees....

If you personally did somthing that you found out was driving your customers away would you in all honesty keep doing it or would you stop doing it

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

sorry astral but so is sending out "reminders" counter productive... doubley so as it is costing ebid customers and therefore fees....

If you personally did somthing that you found out was driving your customers away would you in all honesty keep doing it or would you stop doing it
    Astral's agreeing, he just doesn't promote constant nagging for us, any more than he does for them. He has a point. Tit for tat rarely wins an argument. In the end, it's ebid's bat and ball and we cannot force them into agreeing with us or doing as we wish, so it makes sense to use the tactics that are most likely to persuade ebid to see our point of view. We may never win this one, but let's not lose it by doing anything silly.

Thread Information