eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Gazza ...major flaws in this 'feedback request' system...

as I have said this is counterproductive and is costing me (and others) sales and ebid their fees and is in turn giving ebid a bad name....

if ebid insist on continuing this stupid policy, against their customers wishes, there are other sites out there that will be (and are) only too glad to take the business away from ebid

Parkgate Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View MHTTrading's Feedback (+3556)
    All-About MHTTrading
    View MHTTrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

Obviously being new to e-bid I wasn't aware of the feedback nagging situation, but I must agree that it is a bad idea, yes we all want good feedback but not at the expense of losing good customers simply because sellers are made to look impatient.
    On the (other site) some buyers leave feedback straight away, some take a week or two, and of course some don't bother but at the end of the day its down to them.

I agree but am always behind on leaving my feedback. Lazy me. Chore is harder because ebid lacks the little cheat device that so many sites have, the ability for us to have several clever, witty sayings in reserve to pop into the feedback comments. Hard to give a sincere, truthful comment when you have to start fresh every time.

So I would like to have the emphasis on tweeking the feedback system to allow us to stockpile a few little clever sayings, so that it is easier to leave the feedback quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    I agree but am always behind on leaving my feedback.
    same here but for different reasons

Parkgate Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View MHTTrading's Feedback (+3556)
    All-About MHTTrading
    View MHTTrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a standard stock phrase which I keep as a txt document on my desktop, I simply cut and paste which saves hours of typing. Of course there are times when you need to modify the messsage but it certainly reduces time and effort.
    I have similar stock messages for advising the buyer when the item is to be posted. Today, Tomorrow, Monday etc.

As I agree with all the above, best just add my name in here to show am against it too.

I reckon I received fb from less than 33% of my buyers across all sites.
    (On 2 sites it is a lot lower than that)

I have not sent a feedback reminder out for 5 years now, and I hate receiving such emails.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Been sellin in public online auctions since December 1996 !!!
    Feedback received from bidders 99% and Positives 100%

A buyer who does not leave feedback.. then receives a request to leave feedback and does not... should say something about that person

This is eBids site... all should abide by its rules and requests.

I will debate this with anyone who really has Public Online Auction Knowledge... and not by so-called sellers who are just that, sellers.. and just chirp in. Buyers who many say complained, makes no sense and I find it hard to believe.. unless those buyers are Not serious buyers, but just random buyers and could care less.

so you are saying a buyer who complained to me about being asked for feed back dispite the fact that I knew he was in hospital for 6 weeks after a stroke... refused to buy anything from here, and left the site... then joined another site I am on and bought a total of 215 postcards off of me in around three months (for just over £400 (I think that is around $600)) is not a serious buyer... I'll be sure to tell him what contempt you hold him in when I post the next lot of cards to him next week

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    so you are saying a buyer who complained to me about being asked for feed back dispite the fact that I knew he was in hospital for 6 weeks after a stroke... refused to buy anything from here, and left the site... then joined another site I am on and bought a total of 215 postcards off of me in around three months (for just over £400 (I think that is around $600)) is not a serious buyer... I'll be sure to tell him what contempt you hold him in when I post the next lot of cards to him next week
    Hmmmm.... out of context, hospital etc. is an emergency and as such bears no relevance to statement by me.
    No excuses... (buying from you elsewhere etc.) seen many, heard many... they hold no weight in my eyes. Thats just the way it is.
    It is.. do it or not.. not stories(emergencies aside)which is Common Sense.

the "problem" is... ebid are making it look like feedback is mandatory on this site instead of voluntary by sending out "reminders". this in turn can rub buyers up the wrong way, and they do not come back.

It therefore becomes counter productive twice over... because this site has a small advertizing budget, and relies largely on word of mouth to gain members, eBid not only loses the original buyer but also anyone else that that person talks to.... "I wouldn't join them.... feedback is mandatory and whats more they send you an email if you dont leave it"

so ebid not only loses the fees from me from the original buyers purchases but also any fees that might have come from anyone they may have reccomended to the site too, and as I have said before there are pleanty of other sites out there that are only too willing to take the buyers from eBid
    Last edited by somersethedge; 7th August 2009 at 08:53 AM.

Thread Information