Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Category name change from Christian to Religious

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I really hate the term "religious"... How much music from other faiths is listed?

Putting Christian music under such a heading as "religious and spiritual" would offend me, for a start (other faiths do offended, so I'm starting to do so as well)
    If you object specifically to the term "religious", how about just "Spiritual"? As Gothicina says, that would cover just about everyone - I don't think atheists/agnostics/... would object?

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TreasuredBargains View Post
    If you object specifically to the term "religious", how about just "Spiritual"? As Gothicina says, that would cover just about everyone - I don't think atheists/agnostics/... would object?
    I'm an atheist/humanist, but if I'm selling a religious book I don't see why I would object to calling it religious? I can't do woodwork, but I don't mind listing books under DIY

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've noticed that there seems to be quite a lot of very narrow categories & sub-categories. I think that more general sub-cats are better when people are browsing or what I call 'window shopping."

I think that "Religious & Spiritual" makes good sense. After all, we're only trying to put merchandise where those wanting it can most easily locate it, not make religious converts.

Dennis

Good on ya!! I see your point exactly, why can't we have a section purely for Christian Music?
    Muslims can have theirs if they wish and Gays get their own category. I am sick of people being able to air their beliefs but when it comes to Jesus and Christianity, we get jumped all over and "all hell is let loose" if you pardon the expression. (Wonder why!!!???)
    I say leave it as it is and add sections for other beliefs as is their right also.

There are millions of things I could object to but I treat people as they would treat me. We have gone overboard on Political correctness. If somebody called me big ears for instance and I actually had bigs ears, does that constitute anything other than truthfulness and fact or would it be slagging me off - It doesnt bother me that way. I am fine with everyone being who they are without PC pressure from myself or them, it's the only way. We need to get a grip on reality and stop putting ourselves into little boxes wwith "Don't offend me please" labels on them and stop being wusses!!!! (LOL)

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikfox2008 View Post
    Good on ya!! I see your point exactly, why can't we have a section purely for Christian Music?
    Muslims can have theirs if they wish and Gays get their own category. I am sick of people being able to air their beliefs but when it comes to Jesus and Christianity, we get jumped all over and "all hell is let loose" if you pardon the expression. (Wonder why!!!???)
    I say leave it as it is and add sections for other beliefs as is their right also.
    Okay! I'm a bit confused. "Christian" is a form of "Religion" Correct? How does putting it in a grouping with other religious beliefs become politically correct or incorrect? Putting all religious music together regardless of what that particular belief is is quite logical. Someone looking for Christian music could search the religious & spiritual category just as a Buddhist, a Baptist, Roman Catholic, Orthodox Jew or anyone looking for it.

By having individual sub-categories for each particular brand of religion, brand of pottery, brand of shoe, etc. only serves to clutter up the categories page and make it less attractive to the casual browser. People searching are going to enter what they want to find into the search anyway.

Dennis

I really hate the term "religious"... How much music from other faiths is listed?

Putting Christian music under such a heading as "religious and spiritual" would offend me, for a start (other faiths do offended, so I'm starting to do so as well)
    Uh oh, here we go! Weeeeeeee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee!
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK.. so let's come at this one from another angle. Does anyone have any non-Christian, religious music to list?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View carwaxshop's Feedback (+10)
    All-About carwaxshop
    View carwaxshop's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK.. so let's come at this one from another angle. Does anyone have any non-Christian, religious music to list?
    Does that matter????? Its still all religious.
    Didnt someone alreayd point out a good suggestion.
    Spiritual and Relegious category.
    Sorted, you can all be happy

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/carwaxshop

Car Care poducts in one place.
    Please call me Tony.

Yes I do it's Urdu I believe, I'll try & dig it out

Thread Information