Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USA Servers Going Beserk!

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Before everyone panics...please what Gazza posted this morning.

The update went smoothly and we were up within 3 hours. Some users with less than efficient ISPs will find they won't have access for a few hours until their ISPs get round to updating the DNS database. Updating DNS (the database that points domain names to their correct servers) is updated anything from 1 second to up to 24 hours.

You may notice a few small glitches as everything settles down but any little glithces will be ironed out as we work through things for the rest of the day. Thanks for the patience.

Thanks,
    Gazza

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Yeah, I can get back in.
    Glad you finally got in, Florida33549. I was about to mention that Brighthouse probably wouldn't be much help and would most likely transfer you to RR support.
    Dennis

Dennis, Brighthouse did transfer me to RR support. RR said it was a problem on ebid's end. I suppose they were right because now I can access the site again. Only problem I'm having now is when I receive an email notice re: a forum [such as this one] when I click on the link I get:

Oops! This link appears to be broken.
    Suggestions:

So there's still a problem but perhaps it will get sorted out this evening.

Ginny

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Not good with AOL..

When using AOL's Browser... I get this at 8:37PM NC Time.

eBid has moved to a new server facility. As soon as your ISP updates its' records to reflect this you will be able to access eBid again.
    This can take anything from a second to 12hrs depending on the efficiency of your ISP.

Many Thanks for the patience, the wait will be worth it.

Gary & Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post

eBid has moved to a new server facility. As soon as your ISP updates its' records to reflect this you will be able to access eBid again.
    This can take anything from a second to 12hrs depending on the efficiency of your ISP.

Gary & Mark.
    I was getting that all day until a little while ago. I'm in Florida and use Internet Explorer.

I bet Gary & Mark are pulling their hair out by now.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post

Gary & Mark.
    Still the same

Got this from AOL
    Dear AOL member,

Thank you for telling me that, my name is Darren and I can see that you are experiencing the issue with accessing the ebid.net site through AOL.

I do apologise for any inconveniences caused by this and I will help you to the best of my abilities.

I have tried to access the site itself and cannot access it either. It appears to be an issue with the AOL software not being able to access the site. What I will do is I will escalate this off to our Network team to look into. In the mean time. The site will work if you open Internet explorer and try and access it that way.

I hope that is understandable and has answered your query, but if you do have any further queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

As a result of your contact you may receive a survey about the interaction you had with myself. I hope you will fill this out positively as this survey will relate to myself and not any other agent that you may have dealt with in previous interactions.

Thank you for contacting AOL Technical Support via e-mails and enjoy the rest of day.

Kind regards,
    Darren

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Good morning. I can still access ebid and log into my account, but like yesterday, if I get an email for a forum update and click on that link, the link is broken.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can still access ebid and log into my account, but like yesterday, if I get an email for a forum update and click on that link, the link is broken.
    Same here this morning. The only way I managed to get in was to click on a link from an email for a sold item!!LOL All other regular manner of getting into the site are still Error Code 404...

I feel sorry for Gazza/Mark...hope you guys haven't blown your brains out yet....YEEEEOW!!!

Thread Information