eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Lets help each other out

View 11thEagle's Feedback (+73)
    All-About 11thEagle
    View 11thEagle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Anyone branching out into a new field, just to fill a gap in ebid, in my mind, would be a bit silly at the moment.
    Taking on a new product involves investment, and I for one (and i doubt if I am alone on this), would not be willing to gamble any funds on a new product just to fill a gap on ebid.
    I even thought long and hard about the £49.99 fee - if it had still been £99.99 - i would have had no thinking to do. Simply wouldnt have been here.
    To be honest i have to confess to being a bit cheecky with this (although i am glad to see that others are benifitting from it) My summer stuff has not sold at all since I listed it so I have been looking at other products I can list in one of my unused stores. Now if 2 or 3 people came on here saying they wanted stationary for instance then i would be more inclined to look at listing that.

On the other side of that as has already happened somebody might have looked for a certain item not found it and bought elsewhere when it was sat waiting to be listed under 50 other things.
    Martin

Here to save my Wife having to go back to work so she can continue to do a fantastic job bring up my kids

www.retailperceptions.co.uk

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TreasuredBargains View Post
    For example, klj - I have magnetic clasps and hole punches for ribbon threading. So now I know what to give priority to when listing in the next few days!
    Thank-you.

btw Crocodile, just checked your listings and see a typo - Tomp Trumps instead of Top Trumps. Assume that will affect search results

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

View 11thEagle's Feedback (+73)
    All-About 11thEagle
    View 11thEagle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fat fingers again! Cheers TB
    Martin

Here to save my Wife having to go back to work so she can continue to do a fantastic job bring up my kids

www.retailperceptions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I searched for.. an owl rubber stamp (there are lots of rubber stamps but no owls).. refills for a Xyron creative station... and a "It's a boy" rubber stamp (ditto ... girl)
    look what I just found, any good to you Unmounted red rubber stamps( postage cost only)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Anyone branching out into a new field, just to fill a gap in ebid, in my mind, would be a bit silly at the moment.
    Taking on a new product involves investment, and I for one (and i doubt if I am alone on this), would not be willing to gamble any funds on a new product just to fill a gap on ebid.
    I even thought long and hard about the £49.99 fee - if it had still been £99.99 - i would have had no thinking to do. Simply wouldnt have been here.
    Actually, I find the idea of finding a niche to fill on ebid quite reasonable. It makes sense to offer what customers want but can't find. As in any business there is a certain amount of gambling involved, but isn't that true in all things? After all, if you buy life insurance you're gambling that you are going to die before the term of the policy runs out.
    Dennis

Everything has a buyer somewhere, and every person has an item that somebody wants.

If I can sell an empty box on eBid other items should sell no problem, it's just a case of patience & time.

Whilst I agree with wanting to buy it here on eBid, I also want to pay the right price too, and as a whole if it's something I want I have found it on eBid at the right price, if not I have found it on other sites and only 3 times in the last year on feebay.

Would love to see more polymer clay beads here.

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Rubysafiras-Treasures

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Actually, I find the idea of finding a niche to fill on ebid quite reasonable. It makes sense to offer what customers want but can't find. As in any business there is a certain amount of gambling involved, but isn't that true in all things? After all, if you buy life insurance you're gambling that you are going to die before the term of the policy runs out.
    Dennis
    It may be ok if you have funds laying around to invest.

Personally I wouldnt invest a penny in this site at the moment.
    I will list items - that only takes time.
    Heck - I dont even link to here from my website.

btw - i dont have life insurance either!!

That doesnt mean I dont gamble - I make more money trading on betfair than I do selling (including feebay)

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I will in oct/nov/dec/jan/feb be searching for a Folding camper!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Thread Information