Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: A new catagory for finished cross stitch pieces

Yep, that has my vote.

Totally agree about Needlepoint. When Hopeful (OP) first asked for this new category, I couldn't believe there was nothing for cross-stitch already and went looking for it, only to find supplies all muddled up in needlepoint, along with everything else that didn't seem to fit elsewhere!

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I know this means a lot of changes for sellers but now we have the bulk edit it should be fairly straightforward to change their listings.

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

At least now the boys have some idea of where things should be...I doubt they know much about needlework...

Quote Originally Posted by TreasuredBargains View Post
    I think fly-tying isn't ideal as a comparison as the completed fly could still be classed as fishing supplies, but completed craft items could not be classed as craft supplies.

Can't think of anything else that would be sold as supplies and as completed item. How are art supplies listed? Under crafts? Must go and look!

Yep, art supplies are listed under Crafts and finished artwork under Art (self-representing artists)
    All the more reason to have finished craftwork in a separate category, and Handmade Goods seems to make the most sense, with the additional subcategories that people need.
    Good idea! Art supplies are used to create art just as the cross stich does. And the items move to completed art. That makes sense, so does having all handmade items in one spot. Easy to shop, easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    I know this means a lot of changes for sellers but now we have the bulk edit it should be fairly straightforward to change their listings.
    Yes, lots of work, but worse situation if it stays the way it is. Buyers/sellers will think ebid has no cross stitch, no one will find completed cross stitch, someone hunting for tapestry finds only a few items, etc.

And over next few months we will be adding thousands of items, then it really will be a mess.

So do we have any more changes to add? Are we ready to present the final version to da boys?

Maybe they will award us some buddy points if we agree never to look closely at any other categories again????

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Maybe they will award us some buddy points if we agree never to look closely at any other categories again????
    LOL - worth asking!

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    So do we have any more changes to add? Are we ready to present the final version to da boys?

I can't think of anything else that can't be fitted into one of the cats in the list....but if anyone comes up with something in the future it should be easy to add it once the list is up and running...

hope that makes sense...

Looks great to me. Lets give it one more day for comments, and then I will cut/paste into one place and then we are ready to submit for consideration.

Thread Information