Forum Lurker
    Only One, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Feedback (+388)
    All-About Annes_Nostalgia
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Auction, not Showroom, please

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I really like the show room! Great job eBid!
    Try a search for "Cross Stitch Fabric" and you will be confronted with a screen of 57 listings, of which only 2 have photographs - what an awful sight / site.

Not at all condusive to a buyer. They must wonder what the h.... is going on. Doesn't look at all like an up-and-running auction site, unless you are in the market for a camera?

Please let's have the default Gallery and leave Showroom as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Annes_Nostalgia View Post
    Try a search for "Cross Stitch Fabric" and you will be confronted with a screen of 57 listings, of which only 2 have photographs - what an awful sight / site.

Not at all condusive to a buyer. They must wonder what the h.... is going on. Doesn't look at all like an up-and-running auction site, unless you are in the market for a camera?

Agree.

Thumbs up 5 Star upgrade

I have been otherwise engaged for a few days and just found out about this 'showroom view' when I viewed my stores for maintenance. I, for one, think this is a great enhancement to eBid and provides a very professional shop window. I know all will not agree from reading this thread, but it will serve as an encouragement for all sellers to re-evaluate how their items appear to prospective buyers.
    Yes, it will serve to encourage more sellers to use the gallery option that's for sure, but in itself that is not a bad thing if it thereby improves the viewing experience of all buyers. The modest cost to sellers of just 2% only materialises on successful sales and so they should not gripe about a site improvement that is more likely to generate sales for them.
    The other side, feeling the pinch, now offer non-commercial sellers free listings but only on items up to 99p - ha ha, what a great deal (joke) ... their FVFs still make sales at that price non-viable. eBid doesn't really have a serious competitor, feature for feature, or fee for fee, and is certainly starting to show the competition how things can and should be done. I rate eBid 5 stars for what it has achieved, and with its increasing learning curve (and listening to members) the sky's the limit for eBid's future.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Annes_Nostalgia View Post

I agree with the NO images showing.... somehow if it could be coded so that non-Gallery offerings are omitted from the Showroom.
    Me? I would ban listings that do not have Gallery.. as most are from non-serious sellers or particular non-serious item/s.
    The better Looking an auction site is.. helps the owners and serious members.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

And... please make Gallery the default.

I love the showroom view and agree with everyone regarding the auctions without an image... maybe it will motivate these sellers to become lifetime sellers or add a gallery image to their auctions...? maybe a default ebid logo image instead of the camera would be nice? something saying "click to view image"...

Leslie

I like it. I put on my buyer's hat and did one of my weekly searches. This is much easier than paging down a long list. I also easily noticed the duplicate listings (tsk tsk). If I see something I want, I don't really care if it's an auction or a fixed price, I always go into the listing anyway.

And I almost never bother to check a listing if there's no gallery picture.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I like it. I put on my buyer's hat and did one of my weekly searches. This is much easier than paging down a long list. ...
    But do you see as many on the page as with the traditional gallery view?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

A some people do care if it's an auction since auctions do have time limits unlike other items parked here waiting for the next millenium. When you run an auction you do it to attract buyers in a timely fashion and support your business cash flow. Not everyone sells as a hobby. Now auctions are affectively BURIED and any value the act of bidding may give them is defeated since bids no longer show. And this is suppose to be an auctions site.............
    If you want showroom view for fixed price fine.....but applying it site wide as the default is a detriment to your auction sellers. This site needs to make up it's mind what it wants to be..... a Mall or an Auction site. My auction store is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    But do you see as many on the page as with the traditional gallery view?
    Yep. When I bring up a page using Gallery, I see three full listings and part of a fourth. Switched to Showroom and saw three full listings and part of three more. Paging down until the header is gone, I see six listings in either display.

Switching back and forth is fast, too.

Thread Information