eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magazines,what condition?

Default Magazines,what condition?

Hello
    I am sorting through a pile of magazine from the 80`s/some 1990`s;Smash Hits,No1,Vox,Premiere,sky,&other and now have two piles -one of which is good condition,all pages intact, relatively unmarked with a bit of aging and one where they all have some significant damage,four or more missing pages,inch tear in the side

So any advice on the damaged ones?Should i list them and point out the damage in the listing or not bother...?

sarah

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I guess at the end of the day it is worth listing them, but make sure you point out fairly, the condition. It may be that they are sought after magazines, and any condition is worth considering?

I have a few magazines listed in my bookstore. I don't know if anybody looks at them or not - Does anybody have any luck with magazines?

I'm currently offering a free magazine with every magazine purchased.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

You might consider disassembling the damaged ones and listing ads separately for advertising collectors. I've had luck with vintage '56 ad featuring Elvis Presley.
    Dennis

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sold 5 Quilt World magazines from 1990 last week. If there are patterns for anything they are usually wanted items------not enough to get rich, but enough to move them on.

Forum Newbie
    View adman55's Feedback (-1)
    All-About adman55
    View adman55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Regarding magazines selling

Hi all new here have not opened store yet. But will soon have some 12,000 magazines in all catagorys also ads and articles. And tons of everything else. Need Question answered though If I buy the Lifetime member special for $49.99 can I open more than one store. I'm a silver power seller from fee-bay needing to get away from those fees. Thanks Leo

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

adman, welcome to ebid, and good luck on here.

The lifetime + gives you 5 stores and unlimited listing. You can use up to 5 pictures per listing and only pay 2% final value fee when an item sells. You may relist free. Most things are free or low cost except the feature and a few other extras and they will be charged each time you relist. Just have a look around and get comfortable with the site and it won't be difficult to use. There are a lot of people who will be willing to give advise. You might try the Kitchen Table to get more info.

Forum Newbie
    View adman55's Feedback (-1)
    All-About adman55
    View adman55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default youmeus thanks

Youmeus thanks I get paid on Friday so it will all start then. If everything goe's ok probly 50 to 100 items aday will go on. Also is there a limit on how much you can list with lifetime+. Was hoping for 10,000 to 12,000 items. Thanks again Leo

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

I Think the upper is about a Billion items PMSL

You can list as many as yer like!
    Any time yer like!
    With a lifetime seller Plus account!

AWSOME!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    You might consider disassembling the damaged ones and listing ads separately for advertising collectors. I've had luck with vintage '56 ad featuring Elvis Presley.
    Dennis
    I agree, sometimes the "parts" are worth more than the whole product. Even happens with vintage linens. Crafters always want the bits and pieces that a casual observer would say was junk. I once sold a damaged blue and white small pinwheel design quilt for $75, because several toy bear makers wanted that huge piece of blue and white tiny pattern for making their bears.

See we are not hoarders but people with vision!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by adman55 View Post
    Hi all new here have not opened store yet. But will soon have some 12,000 magazines in all catagorys also ads and articles. And tons of everything else. Need Question answered though If I buy the Lifetime member special for $49.99 can I open more than one store. I'm a silver power seller from fee-bay needing to get away from those fees. Thanks Leo
    Hi Leo, welcome to ebid, you are our kind of seller, lots of choices, lots of stock.

I think you will find that your investment of $49 pays for itself very quickly just in the no listing fees aspect alone. Try listing even 500 magazines on feebay and you have just spend $300 to $500 just in listing fees (and we wonder why feebay is rich). Not to mention relisting fees ($300 to $500). Yikes. Not a penny to list and relist 10,000 magazines any number of times!!! How great is that?

Before you do that big job, might I suggest that you run a few listings past the members and have them check out them out for you. Buyers are a bit different here, so the listings might need a few tweeks before you leap into listing thousands of items. There are lots of choices here, and making some of them almost immediately puts your listings on google searches and/or gets viewers and bidders faster. Other choices puts you on the bottom of the heap of items, and it justs a little adjustment to change that. However you don't want to be making a small change on 10,000 listings!! Good luck on ebid (any vintage needlework magazines)?

Thread Information