Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gazza, Item Description all over the place

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by victorfrank View Post
    I don't know if I what I am adding is relevant, but hope it is. The only way I can produce the listings for eBid, is to either type them in Notepad, or, type them in word and cut and paste to notepad (I do not find notepad too easy to manouevre around) which removes all the formatting. I then cut and paste from Notepad to eBid and do all the formatting, font changes, etc in eBid. If I try and paste direct from Word to eBid, blank lines are removed, fonts change size, etc.
    As I've mentioned before, using Word is about the worst thing possible, unless you go via Notepad as you say and strip out all the rubbish, which is rather a lot of faff. If you want to try the editor widget on my help page, I'd be interested to see what you think You know where I am. . Ah... g'wan, g'wan, g'wan!

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

All I use is the ebid WYSIWYG editor. No outside programs (eg word/ office/ TL etc). Just ebids own listing page, nothing else.

I've noticed over the past few weeks it is becoming more and more buggy. Little things at first, like when I wanted to change a font colour, it wouldn't do the full line I highlighted.

It seems to be getting worse, and today has been a nightmare.

I've re-done about 10 listings (I wanted to change some photos cos they were blurry). When I've just re-checked them, all of the descriptions are the wrong way round (even though I never touched these, just the photos), ie the item description (which should be at the top) is now at the bottom of the page.

Puzzled, I re-edited again and again, but the same thing keeps happening with the descriptions.

I really don't want the descriptions at the bottom of the page, under my T+C/ postage rates etc. It looks weird, and people want to read description first!

I've no idea why this is happening, other than this I'm loving the site

Maybe the admin could have a look?

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by victorfrank View Post
    Great minds.
    Spoke too soon, whatever they did today has changed it, take a look at this one I just listed (14164134 ) in the preview it looks fine - but on line it's icky, but it can stay like that because I am, pi--ed , fed up, not happy, brain-dead ( get my drift), and I'm going to stop listing and close down until tomorrow and hopefully try again.........sheeeeesh,
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minx41 View Post
    Spoke too soon, whatever they did today has changed it, take a look at this one I just listed (14164134 ) in the preview it looks fine - but on line it's icky...
    Without knowing what it looked like before you saved it it is hard to make anything of it by looking at the listing. My guess would be that following the convoluted route of Word > Notepad > eBid introduces something that indicates a line break (word wrap?) which eBid translates to <br /> causing the lines to split.

Quote Originally Posted by Opis View Post
    All I use is the ebid WYSIWYG editor. No outside programs (eg word/ office/ TL etc). Just ebids own listing page, nothing else.

I've noticed over the past few weeks it is becoming more and more buggy. Little things at first, like when I wanted to change a font colour, it wouldn't do the full line I highlighted.

I've re-done about 10 listings (I wanted to change some photos cos they were blurry). When I've just re-checked them, all of the descriptions are the wrong way round (even though I never touched these, just the photos), ie the item description (which should be at the top) is now at the bottom of the page.

Puzzled, I re-edited again and again, but the same thing keeps happening with the descriptions.

I really don't want the descriptions at the bottom of the page, under my T+C/ postage rates etc. It looks weird, and people want to read description first!

I have had the same problem, and have given up for the day even though I have a pile of books next to me wanting to list or re-list.

Bykimbo, I didnt save the listing I tried using your widget, I got so frustrated I just didn't save it and deleted the listing.

Thanks for all the suggestions, Looks like I will have to have lessons in HTML or go looking for somewhere else to list, I really do not want to do that. Even though I have not had that many sales here compared to elsewhere I have found dotting in & out of the forums on here very entertaining and informative.

Hey ho, will try again tomorrow.

Mel

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I've added a version of the editor to my help pages, but with full width view. Somebody might find it helpful. Or might not.
    Just in case you have missed it (probably not) eBid's WYSIWYG editor can be run full screen; you don't have to work in a small box.

This started happening to me a couple of days ago, both with new listings (where I used the List Similar Item) and reposting some auctions. I use WYSIWYG (even though I know HTML) because I'm lazy. I create new descriptions in a text document first, and have no problem overlaying the existing template with the new description.

Even doing this way, I was finding the the top half of the description moved down to the bottom. After playing around with it, I discovered that this does not happen if I fetch the gallery and PhotoShop pictures first. Then when I change the description everything stays put. I have no idea why the sequence of entering data should matter.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Just in case you have missed it (probably not) eBid's WYSIWYG editor can be run full screen; you don't have to work in a small box.
    Yep, but full screen <> same width as listing.

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

Even doing this way, I was finding the the top half of the description moved down to the bottom. After playing around with it, I discovered that this does not happen if I fetch the gallery and PhotoShop pictures first. Then when I change the description everything stays put. I have no idea why the sequence of entering data should matter

Thanks for the advice, if it happens again when I'm listing stuff in the next few days I'll try this .

Hopefully admin can have a look if they get chance, and see if there's a bug in the WYSIWYG editor

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Bykimbo, if it happens again when I'm listing stuff in the next few days I'll try this .
    That was TiasTreasures, but you're welcome anyway.

I saw similar problems a while ago, when updating the gallery picture on defaults was causing me all sorts of grief, and they got that sorted.. so fingers crossed for this one!

Thread Information